24 Aug 2003 13:43:11
Howard Salwasser
"Can the SEC rise up to challenge Kentucky?" (ESPN.com)

http://msn.espn.go.com/ncb/columns/forde_pat/1588035.html

The moral as you read the article is, Kentucky is a Superpower; the rest
of the SEC combined is France.

Howard "PIkachu" Salwasser
http://community.webtv.net/pinkerson/FutureHomeofOceans

RSFC's official fan of the Universities of Arizona, Kentucky,
Louisville, Minnesota and Wyoming; Prairie View A&M, St. Cloud State,
Utah State and Western Illinois Universities; Concordia University-St.
Paul and Wofford College

24 Aug 2003 16:58:07
Ky58
Re: "Can the SEC rise up to challenge Kentucky?" (ESPN.com)

http://msn.espn.go.com/ncb/columns/forde_pat/1588035.html

I guess Forde (columnist for the Louisville Courier-Journal)
got bored and decided to invent some way to light a fire under
the rest of the SEC in hopes that they'll make Tubby and UK
stumble this year. Then he could collect some negative fodder
for the weekly 'moanings' in his column.

Gotta keep that s*** stirred, eh?

;-)

--
"Ky58"
Paint Lick USA

"Those boys certainly aren't concert violinists,
but they sure can fiddle!" - The Baron

24 Aug 2003 17:26:42
mimus
Re: "Can the SEC rise up to challenge Kentucky?" (ESPN.com)

On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 16:58:07 -0400, "Ky58" <seventitles@bigblue.com >
wrote:

>http://msn.espn.go.com/ncb/columns/forde_pat/1588035.html
>
>I guess Forde (columnist for the Louisville Courier-Journal)
>got bored and decided to invent some way to light a fire under
>the rest of the SEC in hopes that they'll make Tubby and UK
>stumble this year. Then he could collect some negative fodder
>for the weekly 'moanings' in his column.
>
>Gotta keep that s*** stirred, eh?
>
>;-)

I hope to Hell we've got a center.

Has Cota learned how to catch the ball yet?

--
The Usenet voice of the Kentucky Wildcats!
(Please ignore.)

"mimus" <tinmimus99@hotmail.com > wrote:

> I hope to Hell we've got a center.

I'd say Daniels and Hayes will play inside most of the
time this year and (yes) UK will be outsized. Daniels
is about 6-9. Hayes is 6-6.

> Has Cota learned how to catch the ball yet?

Well, 'Cote' just isn't a 5, IMO. Not counting on him much...

I'd say the rotation will be made up of:

Hawkins
Fitch
Hayes
Daniels
Barbour
Azubuike

Stockton and Carrier will get their minutes. Cote, Alleyne,
Obrzut, Perry, Thomas may be used a bit. Tubby will give them
all a look in November, of course. Lemaster, Moss, and
Heissenbuttal will provide fodder in practice.

Ever since Tubby got caught short-handed versus the
Orangmen in the 2000 tourney, he's managed to have as many
as 16 bodies on the squad...

;-)

--
"Ky58"
Paint Lick USA
UK 84 Seattle 72
http://ky1958.tripod.com/ky58skentuckywildcats

"Those boys certainly aren't concert violinists,
but they sure can fiddle!" - The Baron

24 Aug 2003 20:30:57
William F Hansford
Re: "Can the SEC rise up to challenge Kentucky?" (ESPN.com)

Gotta keep that s*** stirred, eh? KY58 wrote.

;-)

Forde? No way.. that dreaded 'deadline'. Putting pressure on Tubby? The
media? Would be new and different..

Go Cats!!!!!!!!!

Go Football Cats!!!!!!! Lights,, camera, action(game time)!!!!!!!!!

"Ky58" <seventitles@bigblue.com > wrote in message
> http://msn.espn.go.com/ncb/columns/forde_pat/1588035.html
>
> I guess Forde (columnist for the Louisville Courier-Journal)
> got bored and decided to invent some way to light a fire under
> the rest of the SEC in hopes that they'll make Tubby and UK
> stumble this year. Then he could collect some negative fodder
> for the weekly 'moanings' in his column.
>
> Gotta keep that s*** stirred, eh?
>
> ;-)
>
> --
> "Ky58"
> Paint Lick USA
> UK 84 Seattle 72
> http://ky1958.tripod.com/ky58skentuckywildcats
>
> "Those boys certainly aren't concert violinists,
> but they sure can fiddle!" - The Baron

26 Aug 2003 16:22:49
Osei

"Howard Salwasser" <pinkerson@webtv.net > wrote in message
> http://msn.espn.go.com/ncb/columns/forde_pat/1588035.html
>
> The moral as you read the article is, Kentucky is a Superpower; the rest
> of the SEC combined is France.
>
> Howard "PIkachu" Salwasser
> http://community.webtv.net/pinkerson/FutureHomeofOceans
>
> RSFC's official fan of the Universities of Arizona, Kentucky,
> Louisville, Minnesota and Wyoming; Prairie View A&M, St. Cloud State,
> Utah State and Western Illinois Universities; Concordia University-St.
> Paul and Wofford College

Unless Barbour and Azubuike step up and become UK's next great 1-2 punch a
la Mercer/Anderson, (as some Kentucky fans swear will happen) Kentucky won't
be nearly as dominant as they were in the SEC last season. Bottom line is
they lost Bogans and Estill, their two best players last season. But Barbour
and/or Azubuike needs to step up and become the "go-to" guy... I really
don't see Kentucky being as successful as they were last year if they have
to rely on Gerald Fitch as the #1 option. Fitch played great as the #3 guy
last year, but the more talented players need to live up to their hype if
Kentucky is going to dominate again. But Barbour might not even start after
a police officer caught him with weed a couple months ago and Kelenna's got
other things on his mind, unfortunately, with his dad recently having a
massive heart attack and in need of a heart transplant...

Osei
--
'It's all in the game, yo...'
--Omar ('The Wire')

27 Aug 2003 15:35:02
mimus
Re: "Can the SEC rise up to challenge Kentucky?" (ESPN.com)

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 16:46:01 -0400, "Ky58" <seventitles@bigblue.com >
wrote:

>"Osei" <wardnine@terpalum.umd.edu> wrote:
>
>> Unless Barbour and Azubuike step up and become UK's next
>> great 1-2 punch a la Mercer/Anderson, (as some Kentucky fans
>> swear will happen) Kentucky won't be nearly as dominant as
>> they were in the SEC last season.
>
>They aren't quite Anderson/Mercer level, but Azubuike is
>an exceptional offensive player. With the bullseye growing
>in size after that 'gaudy' 19-0 conference seep, they'll be
>more than hard pressed to be as successful as they were last
>year. UK has no true center and will more than likely line
>up with Daniels in the middle.
>
>Hawkins and Fitch in the back court are the keys. I look
>for Azubuike to be first off the bench with Hawkins at 1,
>Fitch the 2, Barbour the 3, Hayes the 4, and Daniels at
>the 5 (which will be a weakness).
>
>They'll be formidable, but hard-pressed to outdo last year's
>32-4 effort. I don't see it happening.
>
>;-)

Doomed . . . .

--

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 21:33:24 -0400, "Ky58" <seventitles@bigblue.com >
wrote:

>"mimus" <tinmimus99@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Doomed...
>
>Why so optimistic lately?
>
>;-P

I've been optimistic over the 5- spot situation ever since the end of
last season . . . .

--
The Usenet voice of the Kentucky Wildcats!
(Please ignore.)

Ky58
Re: "Can the SEC rise up to challenge Kentucky?" (ESPN.com)

"mimus" <tinmimus99@hotmail.com > wrote:

> I've been optimistic over the 5- spot situation ever since
> the end of last season...

Understood...

Hopefully, they can (at least) spot play one of those
frosh giants next year...

;-)

--
"Ky58"
Paint Lick USA
UK 84 Seattle 72
http://ky1958.tripod.com/ky58skentuckywildcats

"Those boys certainly aren't concert violinists,
but they sure can fiddle!" - The Baron

29 Aug 2003 15:11:01
Ky58
Re: "Can the SEC rise up to challenge Kentucky?" (ESPN.com)

"mimus" <tinmimus99@hotmail.com > wrote:

> Just getting some quality moments outa Cote with his back to the
> basket would be great-- I mean, catch the ball, keep it up in the air
> and put it in the hoop, and if it's a shot from someone with a
> different uniform [1] knock the dam' ball as far away as you can.

From what I've seen of him, he just doesn't appear to be '5'
material. He has a decent perimeter shot and seems more suited
for the '4'...I don't see him as a 'banger'...

> How the Hell hard can that be to understand? or drill?

Well, here's hoping he can contribute at that spot (if needed),
but I'm not overly 'optimistic'. If they can 'drill' 7-2 and 7-3
to do those 'fundamental' things, the Cats will be fine...

;-)