30 Nov 2005 13:09:50
Red Schism
Bruce Weber: Not smiling

Either Illinois is way overrated or Carolina is way better than anyone
thought they'd be.

I'm going with the former.

Weber can't be happy that his 12th-ranked team BARELY beat UNC.

30 Nov 2005 15:36:54
hughes
Re: Bruce Weber: Not smiling

In article <1133384990.124974.9590@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com >,
"Red Schism" <redschism@yahoo.com > wrote:

> Either Illinois is way overrated or Carolina is way better than anyone
> thought they'd be.
>
> I'm going with the former.
>
> Weber can't be happy that his 12th-ranked team BARELY beat UNC.

I can assure you he's very, very happy.

-- jsh

30 Nov 2005 17:37:58
Edward M. Kennedy
Re: Bruce Weber: Not smiling

"Red Schism" <redschism@yahoo.com > wrote

> Either Illinois is way overrated or Carolina is way better than anyone
> thought they'd be.
>
> I'm going with the former.

False dichotomy. I think it is a little of both, and I pray
it isn't the latter.

> Weber can't be happy that his 12th-ranked team BARELY beat UNC.

I doubt it is the MOV that pisses him off.

--Tedward

30 Nov 2005 14:42:16
kstarheel
Re: Bruce Weber: Not smiling

Red Schism wrote:
> Either Illinois is way overrated or Carolina is way better than anyone
> thought they'd be.
>
> I'm going with the former.
>
> Weber can't be happy that his 12th-ranked team BARELY beat UNC.

Didn't exactly hammer Wichita State either. Maybe they're pretty good
too. ;-)

30 Nov 2005 17:50:23
Edward M. Kennedy
Re: Bruce Weber: Not smiling

"kstarheel" <kstarheel@cox.net > wrote

>> Either Illinois is way overrated or Carolina is way better than anyone
>> thought they'd be.
>>
>> I'm going with the former.
>>
>> Weber can't be happy that his 12th-ranked team BARELY beat UNC.
>
> Didn't exactly hammer Wichita State either. Maybe they're pretty good
> too. ;-)

They probably are. It's a crude comparison tool, but Sagarin has
the Missouri Valley Conference pretty much tied with the PAC 10,
and Wichita ranked #43. With an RPI that good they are on the
bubble. I'm too lazy to find the RPI site.

--Tedward

30 Nov 2005 14:55:30
kstarheel
Re: Bruce Weber: Not smiling

Edward M. Kennedy wrote:
> "kstarheel" <kstarheel@cox.net> wrote
>
> >> Either Illinois is way overrated or Carolina is way better than anyone
> >> thought they'd be.
> >>
> >> I'm going with the former.
> >>
> >> Weber can't be happy that his 12th-ranked team BARELY beat UNC.
> >
> > Didn't exactly hammer Wichita State either. Maybe they're pretty good
> > too. ;-)
>
> They probably are. It's a crude comparison tool, but Sagarin has
> the Missouri Valley Conference pretty much tied with the PAC 10,
> and Wichita ranked #43. With an RPI that good they are on the
> bubble. I'm too lazy to find the RPI site.
>
> --Tedward

All I know is Wichita is used to getting a bit screwed. They did last
year and even their women's volleyball team went 18-0 in conference
finished ranked #25 in the Nation with a 28-3 record and because they
lost the title game to Missouri St. (whom they had beaten twice) they
didn't get into the 64 team field. That is a crock of crap. So WSU
needs to win the valley tourney... period.... even if they win out
(which they won't).