arod-jeter
now that yankee fans have seen arod on a daily basis for over 100 games. maybe they will finally cease talking about how they would rather have jeter because of the "intangibles". arod will ...

Nomar at Bruins game during game against Yankees
I was watching ESPN tonight and they showed Nomar at a Bruins game while the Bosox were playing the Yankees. Why was he not at the baseball game? injured? suspended? I would assume that ...

Deadlines Deals -- a full list of roster moves due to trades
http://braves.mostvaluablenetwork.com/index.php?p=41 Rather than simply list who was traded for who, I have listed a complete list of each team's gained/lost players. This is much more...

conspiracy theory
was the yankee protest ever ruled on by major league baseball? i'm talking about the one where the ball passed the fielder , piazza, and then struck the runner. if this has not been ruled on...

Russ Hodges sound bite?
Does anyone know if Russ Hodges famous commentary of the Bobby Thompson home run is available as a sound bite anywhere online? Thanks Brad

Blockbuster trade
Nomar Garciaparra was recently traded to the Cubs in while Boston returned with gold glovers Orlando Cabrera and Doug Mienkevwitz.(sorry about the last name) Alex Gonzalez to the Expos as s...

The Rose Award For 7-30-04.
The Rose Award goes to Aramis Ramirez of the Chicago Cubs, who went three-for-four with three RBI and scored three runs in a 10-7 win over the Philadelphia Phillies. Aramis hit th...

Dodgers - Marlins trade
Gammons is reporting that the Dodgers have traded Guillermo Mota, Paul Lo Duca, and Juan Encarnacion to the Marlins for Brad Penny, Hee Seop Choi, and AA pitcher Bill Murphy. That...

The Rose Award For 7-29-04.
The Rose Award goes to Alex Gonzalez of the Florida Marlins, who went two-for-four with five RBI and scored two runs in a 10-1 win over the Philadelphia Phillies. Alex hit his fir...

Overall decrease in triples
In earlier baseball years (pre WW2), a player hitting 20 or 30 triples in a year was not uncommon. Today, if a player were to hit 10 triples, it is an aberration. What could be the cause of ...

Book Recommendation (especially for Trivia Buffs)
One Hit Wonders by George Rose A book about players who only had one hit in their major league careers. While some of the stories get a bit repetitive, there are a few fascinating on...

nobody posts when Joe Morgan says something smart ...
from yesterday's espn chat: GEOFF, B-BURG: Joe, would you put Sosa in the same catagory as Pujols, Bonds, Rolen, A-Rod? ... Joe Morgan: I don't put anybody in a category wit...

The Rose Award For 7-28-04.
The Rose Award goes to Scott Rolen of the St. Louis Cardinals, who went four-for-six with three RBI and scored three runs in a 11-10 win over the Cincinnati Reds. Scott hit two of...

Schedules
When does MLB usually come out with their schedule. I want to plan a trip for spring of 2005 and would like to follow the Cubs. Thanks

Autographed Baseball Card List
Please E-Mail me form my complete list of autographed baseball cards I currently have in stock and for sale. This is a very large list which includes over 8,000 authentic autographed cards ...

Unassisted Triple Play--With Defense Not Touching Ball
I had a lenghty conversation with an umpire the other day regarding fluke plays and loopholes in the rule book. He insisted there was a way for a team to record an unassisted triple play wit...

Touching the Game
Any avid baseball fan knows about or has heard of the Cape Cod Baseball League, a summer league on Cape Cod, Massachusetts that produces almost 40% of players that go on to the Majors. ...

Umpire John McSherry @ the 1992 NLCS
ESPN Classic today showed Game 7 of the 1992 NLCS between the Braves & Pirates. That was of course, the game in which the Braves rallied from two runs down in the bottom of the 9th. Franci...

High ISO, low BA, low BB
As part of a discussion on the SABR list, Mike Emeigh listed all the players who met the following conditions in their career statistics (through 2002): * At least 500 G * Batting Avera...

Rookie qn on Fantasy baseball
I have never tried fantasy baseball and want to try sometime - is the learning curve steep or can I get to it (the rules etc) pretty fast ? Also most of the places I see, you have to p...

"Fat and fit" athletes according to a fat acceptor

The Rose Award For 7-27-04.
The Rose Award goes to Jeromy Burnitz of the Colorado Rockies, who went two-for-four with four RBI and scored one run in a 7-2 win over the Los Angeles Dodgers. The Dodgers' road ...

Crime Dog trying out with the Yankees
I know a lot of people here don't like him (I love the Crime Dog), but he's trying out with NY. I hope he gets on and gets those seven knocks. And I hate the Yankees.

Hits/Walks/HBP per 9 innings
Does anyone know which modern pitcher has the fewest hits/walks/HBP allowed per 9 innings for a season (>200 innings)? The best that I come up with is Greg Maddux in 1995 with 7.47 (174 ...

Kerry closes for Bush
Up in Toronto, we had an interesting political statement happen our game against the Rays on Sunday. http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=240725114 KERRY Ligtenberg...

GB/FB ratio by team
Anyone know a convenient source for current GB/FB ratio for entire pitching staffs? ESPN has it by pitcher but not by staff. I'm sure Prospectus tracks it, but they don't post it on ...

Baseball Management/Simulation Game
Hi, Anyone here know of any good Baseball Management/Simulation games that you are able to either download off the internet or buy through a PC game store? Cheers In Advance...

Johan Santana is en fuego!
His last 9 starts (starting with the most recent). 6IP 2H 7IP 3H 8IP 1H 8IP 2H 9IP 3H 8IP 3H 7IP 4H 8IP 4H 8IP 3H TOTAL 69 IP 25H (46 IP 1...

Rose Movie
Anybody seen the trailer for the upcoming movie Hu$tle, about Pete Rose? Looks pretty good, the shorts made him look like the scum bag that he is. MY LISTS - ht...

Most innings pitched without a decision?
Driving home from the cottage, listening to a game on the radio. A young pitcher comes in, been in 8 games, no decisions, record 0-0. My son asks: "I wonder what the record is? Who has pitch...

Page: 0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7

2017
JanFebMar
2016