Any Superbowl Fans Here?
///////*** They Are Now Hiring ***\\\ Hello From BiZzArRo 420 Land: Superbowl fans have to see this web site http://www.jacksonvillesuperbowl.biz and they just added http...

High-schooler fans this many ---> KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
...but loses. Ouch. http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/leagues/HS_amateur/040527krecord.html

The Rose Award For 5-30-04.
The Rose Award goes to Derrek Lee of the Chicago Cubs, who went three-for-six with four RBI and scored two runs in a 12-1 win over the Pittsburgh Pirates. Derrek broke out of a one-for...

Ken Boyer: Overlooked for HOF?
One of the greatest fielding third baseman in major league history! Ken Boyer won 5 Gold Gloves, and probably would have won 2-3 more if it wasn't for the fact that Ron Santo came along to g...

Bonds stat oddity
Today I noticed this in Bonds' line: H: 36 R: 36. The other guys in today's top ten lists in the NL and AL have a roughly 2-1 ratio of hits compared to runs scored.

The Rose Award For 5-29-04.
The Rose Award goes to Rob Mackowiak of the Pittsburgh Pirates, who went two-for-four with five RBI and scored two runs in a 10-7 win over the Chicago Cubs. Rob hit a go-ahead, th...

The 1918 Curse Shop (Yankees / Red Sox) is Now Open!
New products (such as shirts, hats, greeting cards, handbags, mugs, etc.) are now available! Visit The 1918 Curse Shop at: http://www.cafeshops.com/1918curse today!

When does a pitcher officially enter the game?
Suppose I have a hot closer, and as a manager I want to help him get saves. We're at home, coming up to bat in the middle of the 8th, up by 3. Starter has thrown 110 pitches through 8 compl...

Son needs new glove
My son (12 YO) needs a new infielder glove as he is starting DYB local tournament play next week and All-Star practices in 4 weeks. Old glove is gone/stolen (along with alot of other good e...

How good eas Jeff Heath?
Looking at his stats, I wonder if had the DH been around, if he wouldn't have played several more years, as well as playing more games in the last several years he did play. How was his defe...

Enrique not so bad?
Okay, Enrique Wilson is a terrible offensive player. Some perspective may be in order though. His OPS after tonight is .597. In 1964, the regular third baseman for the AL champion Yankees...

OT: Top 10 Places America Goes To Have Fun: #3 - Times Square
Once again, the sports capital of the world keeps on keeping... eheee Excerpt from: http://www.usaweekend.com/04_issues/040516/040516travel_fun.html 3. Ti...

The Rose Award For 5-28-04.
The Rose Award goes to David Ortiz of the Boston Red Sox, who went one-for-four with four RBI and scored one run in a 8-4 win over the Seattle Mariners. David hit a grand slam which ca...

Baseball Uniform
Brand New Baby Clothes... We're "eBaying" items our son never got a chance to wear (they grow so fast...) All items from a smoke free home. Reasonable prices: Pa...

Looking for Pirate Fans!!
Find your new home at http://www.burghsportsguys.com

Two scorekeeping rules questions
First one happened, we had an argument over it, and since it didn't really matter (anything else in the inning was unearned already), I relented so as not to argue for much longer. Second...

Mondesi signs with Angels
Can someone explain this one to me. If you don't want to play for your team, you can just not play, they void your contract, and then you're free to sign with whomever you want? What am I mi...

Fred McGriff brought up by Tampa
He has a good shot to get those last nine homers to put him over 500, which should be the last thing he needs to get in the Hall, although personally, and I know I'm a minority in this parti...

The Rose Award For 5-27-04.
The Rose Award goes to Carlos Pena of the Detroit Tigers, who went six-for-six with five RBI and scored four runs in a 17-7 win over the Kansas City Royals. Players are often told to k...

Not quite Barry and Bobby level
Pittsburgh's Daryl Ward hit for the cycle in Wednesdays night's 11-8 victory over the Cardinals. His father, Gary Ward also hit for the cycle once so this is the first father and son team t...

2003 Lefty Righty stats for hitters
Can someone direct me to a site where I can download 2003 lefty/righty stats for hitters? Tried mlb.com, but no luck. Any help is appreciated. Thanks very much. Regards, Jeff...

Phish Breaks Up
damn, worse than when Eric Davis was traded The Greatest Band Ever!!!! How good was Eric Davis 87-91????

sea trivia
Who was the only player born at sea?

Stolen base official scoring question
Jeffrey Lichtman <jefflichtman@baseball-for-rookies.com> wrote in message news:<40b6d371$0$3162$61fed72c@news.rcn.com>... > The answer to part 2 is that, since the runner at first ...

Blurb for Siebern
I was having a discussion elsewhere about how Kansas City could be represented in an overall Athletics Hall of Fame. I opined that Norm Siebern should probably be included as a token of Kans...

Rules question about a double steal
Here's the scenario: runners on third and first with 2 outs. The runner on first breaks for second as the pitcher begins his windup. Pitcher pitches the ball and the catcher comes up thro...

BCX Baseball for the Palm
I think that the following may be of interest to readers of this group. BCX Baseball for the Palm, version 2.4, a major league baseball play-by-play simulation game, is now shippi...

The Rose Award For 5-26-04.
The Rose Award goes to Daryle Ward of the Pittsburgh Pirates, who went four-for-five with six RBI and scored three runs in a 11-8 win over the St. Louis Cardinals. Daryle hit for ...

Catcher Plunks Batter in Head
Someone else on this group must have seen or heard of this incident. Memory is fuzzy but it was sometime in the early 90's. I'm pretty sure the catcher was Benito Sanitago as I remember the ...

Short Players
I know there was a midget that had an at bat way back but who was the shortest major leaguer besides him?

Page: 0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7

2017
JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNov
2016