The Rose Award For 4-29-04.
The Rose Award goes to Darin Erstad of the Anaheim Angels, who went two-for-six with four RBI and scored one run in a 12-3 win over the Detroit Tigers. The Angels had an eight-run four...

Angels vs Spankees (a comparison)
Spankees have played one game more than the Angels so far this year...please keep this in mind - Team Batting Average: Angels .278 Spankees .228 Runs Scored: ...

Jeter Out of Slump!!!!!
New York and bandwagon Spankee fans are cheering in the streets - THE SLUMP IS OVER - JETER NO LONGER 0-32!!! NO LONGER 0-32!!!! Jeter now 1-36 JETER NOW 1-36!!!! Yeah!...

Over/under on Barry's final OPS this year
I'll start it off: 1.310 -- Chris Cathcart http://geocities.com/cathcacr remove "Spamlover" to reply

The Rose Award For 4-28-04.
The Rose Award goes to Bill Hall of the Milwaukee Brewers, who went three-for-six with four RBI in a 10-9 win over the Cincinnati Reds. The game went 10 innings. ---------------- ...

9 pitches, 9 strikes in one inning
In the entire history of basebal this has only been done 36 times. In 2002 it was done 4 times. I would have expected it to be a little more in the history of baseball.

desperately hoping little things matter
I've already read a few articles on this idea of Productive Out Percentage. Here is another today http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=olney_buster&id=1792101 Wha...

Quote of the Day re: Michael Tucker
"Tucker's the kind of guy, you get him hot and he can be a good hitter." -- Felipe Alou

Daring the runner to steal
Braves up 2-0, two out, runners first and third, Bobby Bonds' boy at the plate. They play behind the runner (Tucker), allowing him to steal at will, knowing they can IBB Barry w...

Brilliant proclamation award...
Last night, during the Diamondbacks' second-consecutive thumping of the Cubs, I heard Ken Phelps proclaim that the Cubs' inability to score in two straight games was caused by "carryover" ...

Shea Stadium
We all know (and most of us deplore) the corporate naming of stadia. Still, some names have remained in tact, Like Fenway, Yankee and Wrigley. What I don't understand is why the Mets haven...

The Rose Award For 4-27-04.
The Rose Award goes to Pat Burrell of the Philadelphia Phillies, who went four-for-four with three RBI and scored one run in a 7-3 win over the St. Louis Cardinals. Teammate Mike ...

Hank Aaron Award??
I have a problem with the HA Award being voted on - it should be completely mathematical. Also, 30% of voting is from fans via the MLB.com web site. I have a problem with fans voting gi...

"Running count"
Are 2-1/3-0/3-1 the traditional "running counts" - ie a runner on 1st with decent speed can take off ? And the reason being that since the pitcher is behind, he has to throw a strike and can...

Questions
Some basic questions: (1) Is the hitter credited with the RBI when a pitcher gives a bases loaded walk ? I think "yes". But not for a wild pitch or a passed ball, right? (2)...

Why Jeter's Slumping
From the Boston marathon: > From: GTanner (tanner@sanctimoniousassgoblin.org) > Subject: How to make friends and influence crowds in Boston > Newsgroups: rec.sport.footba...

The Rose Award For 4-26-04.
The Rose Award goes to Richie Sexson of the Arizona Diamondbacks, who went three-for-four with two RBI and scored two runs in a 9-0 win over the Chicago Cubs. Richie hit the longe...

Quote of the Day
"A strong leadoff man has been a common denominator among recent champions. Tony Womack's outstanding year as Arizona's leadoff man in 2001 helped the Diamondbacks win the World Series."

Kearns
OUCH!!!!

International fan
Hello everybody, as you must know it, it's very hard to keep in touch with MLB abroad. So I'd like to ask you if you know some weblinks to archives or video materials. ...

GIDPs
GIDP Batting Rates Reflect More Than Speed -------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------ Best Career GIDP Batting Rates, min. 1000 AB: Notice a...

The Rose Award For 4-25-04.
The Rose Award goes to Laynce Nix of the Texas Rangers, who went three-for-four with five RBI and scored three runs in a 14-6 win over the Seattle Mariners. Laynce, Rod Barajas and Adr...

game logs
Is there anywhere online that has gamelogs for the 2004 season, preferably all in one file (much like the way retrosheet does it)? thanks

Joe Morgan
I am watching ESPN classic. 1979 Reds-Pirates LCS. I think, but I am not sure, I was typing here, that Joe Morgan hit into a double play.....then it hit me! How could the perfect playe...

Re: Career HR leaders, year by year
"Dvd Avins" <dvdNOavinsSPAM@pobox.com> wrote in message news:... > For a quick view, here's the 10th place total at 5-year intervals. It shows > how the list stopped moving ...

Re: Career HR leaders, year by year
For a quick view, here's the 10th place total at 5-year intervals. It shows how the list stopped moving for a while, but is now going again. 1948 297 1953 307 1958 331

Career HR leaders, year by year
I was curious if the list of top career HR hitters was lately changing more rapidly than usual. So... (conclusion at bottom) Here are the top 10 career HR lists for each year from the ...

hit & run
Teams seem to use the hit and run _a lot_, especially on 3-2 counts with less than 2 outs -- and with slow runners on first. I'll never understand it. A couple weeks ago Giambi was thrown...

intentional walks
In today's Red Sox game, the Red Sox had a 2-0 lead in the top of the 8th with Damon on first. 2-1 count to Ramirez with Millar on deck, and Gordon threw a wild pitch. Michael Kay's predic...

The Rose Award For 4-24-04.
The Rose Award goes to Rondell White of the Detroit Tigers, as he went three-for-four with three RBI and scored two runs in a 5-2 win over the Cleveland Indians. Rondell hit a thr...

Page: 0  1  2  3  4  5  6

2017
JanFebMarAprMayJunJul
2016