17 Dec 2005 01:30:09
Ron Main
Why is baseball full of gay subtext ?????

Baseball bat = phallic symbol. The ball is a symbol for sperm.

Sounds like a very GAY game.

17 Dec 2005 15:51:26
brink
Re: Why is baseball full of gay subtext ?????

"Ron Main" <art_enema@yahoo.com.sg > wrote in message
> Baseball bat = phallic symbol. The ball is a symbol for sperm.
>
> Sounds like a very GAY game.

When I was in sixth grade, we had a sex education class that lasted two
hours for one day out of the school year at my public school near
Minneapolis, MN. THey separated the guys and the girls and showed us guys a
short film that was prefaced by vignettes of a kid being told all kinds of
crazy things about sex before the film laid out the actual facts ...

One of the vignettes was the kid asking his dad what sex is and the father
says, "Son, it's like this... boys have bats... and girls have catcher's
mitts..."

Anybody else remember seeing this classic? Would've been the mid-'80s....

<crossposting to unrelated ng snipped >

brink

18 Dec 2005 02:40:03
Realto Margarino
Re: Why is baseball full of gay subtext ?????

brink <brink@invalid.invalid > trolled:

> One of the vignettes was the kid asking his dad what sex is and
> the father says, "Son, it's like this... boys have bats... and
> girls have catcher's mitts..."

> Anybody else remember seeing this classic? Would've been the
> mid-'80s....

Was that the one that said that Grossman's have both?

cordially, as always,

rm

18 Dec 2005 18:35:46
artyw2@yahoo.com

brink wrote:

> When I was in sixth grade, we had a sex education class that lasted two
> hours for one day out of the school year at my public school near
> Minneapolis, MN. THey separated the guys and the girls and showed us guys a
> short film that was prefaced by vignettes of a kid being told all kinds of
> crazy things about sex before the film laid out the actual facts ...
>
> One of the vignettes was the kid asking his dad what sex is and the father
> says, "Son, it's like this... boys have bats... and girls have catcher's
> mitts..."

But catcher's interference only gets you to first base.

19 Dec 2005 14:16:13
Rerics

Ron Main wrote:
> Baseball bat = phallic symbol. The ball is a symbol for sperm.
>
> Sounds like a very GAY game.

Yes, not at all like football where grown men are constantly trying to
jump on one another, followed by the occasional butt-slap. Or
basketball where the players enjoy getting all sweaty running around in
their underwear. Or hockey, where you have penalties for butt-ending
and checking from behind.

Rerics

19 Dec 2005 23:25:14
Tim

artyw2@yahoo.com wrote:
> brink wrote:

But catcher's interference only gets you to first base.

And that's only if the catcher sticks her mitt waaaay out over the
plate!

Tim.

02 Jan 2006 20:47:35
Stuthehistoryguy

Rerics wrote:
> Ron Main wrote:
> > Baseball bat = phallic symbol. The ball is a symbol for sperm.
> >
> > Sounds like a very GAY game.
>
> Yes, not at all like football where grown men are constantly trying to
> jump on one another, followed by the occasional butt-slap. Or
> basketball where the players enjoy getting all sweaty running around in
> their underwear. Or hockey, where you have penalties for butt-ending
> and checking from behind.

Or high-sticking!