08 Mar 2006 09:46:34
Seapig
What Bonds Contains

If the WBC stood for "What Bonds Contains" people might actually be
talking about it.

Yes, the play has been sloppy, and no, the best players aren't all
there, but it has been a hell of a lot more fun than anything that's
been discussed here for the last couple days. I stayed up late
watching South Africa take Canada to the wire (Steve Stone had a good
line before the game - it's not exactly David vs. Goliath, more like
David vs. David's bigger brother), and US-Mexico and DR-Venezuela were
both good, entertaining games. I didn't see PR-Panama, but it looks to
have been another good one. And, it should get better from here.

I know a lot of folks have expressed disinterest about this event, but
I'm disappointed that this group seems to find it even less interesting
than pharmacology, and, more specifically, interacting with trolls
about pharmacology.

08 Mar 2006 09:50:26
Nelson Lu
Re: What Bonds Contains

In article <1141839993.972090.105590@z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com >,
Seapig <seapig@altavista.com > wrote:
>If the WBC stood for "What Bonds Contains" people might actually be
>talking about it.
>
>Yes, the play has been sloppy, and no, the best players aren't all
>there, but it has been a hell of a lot more fun than anything that's
>been discussed here for the last couple days. I stayed up late
>watching South Africa take Canada to the wire (Steve Stone had a good
>line before the game - it's not exactly David vs. Goliath, more like
>David vs. David's bigger brother), and US-Mexico and DR-Venezuela were
>both good, entertaining games. I didn't see PR-Panama, but it looks to
>have been another good one. And, it should get better from here.

Part of the problem was the ESPN broadcast schedule, which kind of takes the
fun out of the event.

GO (LOS ANGELES) ANGELS OF ANAHEIM!
Nelson Lu (nlu@cs.stanford.edu)

08 Mar 2006 13:12:17
Craig Richardson
Re: What Bonds Contains

On Wed, 8 Mar 2006 09:50:26 -0800 (PST), nlu@xenon.Stanford.EDU
(Nelson Lu) wrote:

>In article <1141839993.972090.105590@z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,
>Seapig <seapig@altavista.com> wrote:
>>If the WBC stood for "What Bonds Contains" people might actually be
>>talking about it.
>>
>>Yes, the play has been sloppy, and no, the best players aren't all
>>there, but it has been a hell of a lot more fun than anything that's
>>been discussed here for the last couple days. I stayed up late
>>watching South Africa take Canada to the wire (Steve Stone had a good
>>line before the game - it's not exactly David vs. Goliath, more like
>>David vs. David's bigger brother), and US-Mexico and DR-Venezuela were
>>both good, entertaining games. I didn't see PR-Panama, but it looks to
>>have been another good one. And, it should get better from here.
>
>Part of the problem was the ESPN broadcast schedule, which kind of takes the
>fun out of the event.

Gotta love that ESPN. Simultaneously screwed up broadcasting both the
WBC and the Champions' League. I guess they /do/ only care about Duke
games...

--Craig

--
Craig Richardson (crichard-tacoma@worldnet.att.net)
"Then I heard the whirring of the motorized snowmen, sound[ing] like the