31 Aug 2005 06:21:58
"MLB throws Nationals a curve"

MLB throws Nationals a curve
The Washington Nationals will not open the regular season at home each
year, as major league teams in the District traditionally have done
every spring.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/national/20050831-122415-1275r.htm

31 Aug 2005 09:06:56
Richard R. Hershberger
Re: "MLB throws Nationals a curve"

yared22311@yahoo.com wrote:
> MLB throws Nationals a curve
> The Washington Nationals will not open the regular season at home each
> year, as major league teams in the District traditionally have done
> every spring.
> http://www.washingtontimes.com/national/20050831-122415-1275r.htm

Good. It was a bad tradition. Now if we can get them to drop the
Cincinnati version (based on the semi-true claim that Cincinnati had
the first professional baseball team, and bolstered by the Reds'
marketing department's outright lie that the modern Reds somehow are
connected with the 1869 team) then we will really be getting somewhere.

Richard R. Hershberger

01 Sep 2005 13:22:10
James Allen

yared22311@yahoo.com wrote:
> MLB throws Nationals a curve
> The Washington Nationals will not open the regular season at home each
> year, as major league teams in the District traditionally have done
> every spring.

This is news? And what tradition? The one that included no games for 33
years?