08 Mar 2006 14:38:15
Ronald Matthews
Bonds: liar and cheat

Baby Bonds has not only cheated his fans and fellow players, he has
lied to everyone as well. He has broken the law.

Baby Bonds is a liar. He has stated, repeatedly, that he doesn't do
steroids and he has dismissed questions about steroids as being
"stoopid."

Baby Bonds is a cheat. He has broken the law by doing massive
amounts of steroids for illegitimate purposes. Baby Bonds is a
racist. He is only interested in passing McGwire and Ruth and he
has publicly stated that he doesn't care about passing Aaron.

Baby Bonds is worse than Palmeiro, Canseco and McGwire combined.
Why wasn't Baby Bonds in front of the Hearing where Palmeiro lied?
Baby Bonds would have lied too. As it is, he may very well face
perjury charges for his grand jury testimony.

Baby Bonds should be banned from baseball for life. And that
includes the HoF. And his records should be stricken from the
record book. It doesn't matter what his record was pre-98. Pete
Rose was banned and he didn't start gambling on baseball until he
was past 4000 hits. Pete Rose, and not Barry Bonds, should be in
the HoF.

We believe that the continued presence of Baby Bonds in a MLB
training camp is a disgraceful disservice to real fans of the sport.

We recognize that stat fans, especially Jewish stat fans, are all
fans of Baby Bonds. But they have no respect or understanding of
the aesthetic aspects of sport. We shit on them, as we shit on Baby
Bonds.

cordially, as always,

rm


08 Mar 2006 08:28:26
Chris Cathcart
Re: Bonds: liar and cheat


Ronald Matthews, a troll, wrote:

> Pete
> Rose was banned and he didn't start gambling on baseball until he
> was past 4000 hits. Pete Rose, and not Barry Bonds, should be in
> the HoF.

Pete who?

Your subject header is about Bonds. Please confine your remarks those
who are actually relevant to HOF-induction discussions. Quit beating a
dead horse. It's not coming back.



08 Mar 2006 11:40:55
David M. Nieporent
Re: Bonds: liar and cheat

Ronald Matthews wrote:

> Baby Bonds should be banned from baseball for life. And that
> includes the HoF. And his records should be stricken from the
> record book. It doesn't matter what his record was pre-98. Pete
> Rose was banned and he didn't start gambling on baseball until he
> was past 4000 hits. Pete Rose, and not Barry Bonds, should be in
> the HoF.

And yet, Barry Bonds will be in the Hall, and Pete Rose won't. So, as
usual, you've backed the losing side.

--
David Marc Nieporent nieporen@alumni.princeton.edu
Jumping To Conclusions: http://www.oobleck.com/tollbooth


08 Mar 2006 20:23:34
Ronald Matthews
Re: Bonds: liar and cheat

David M. Nieporent <nieporen@alumni.princeton.edu > trolled:
> Ronald Matthews wrote:

> > Baby Bonds should be banned from baseball for life. And that
> > includes the HoF. And his records should be stricken from the
> > record book. It doesn't matter what his record was pre-98. Pete
> > Rose was banned and he didn't start gambling on baseball until he
> > was past 4000 hits. Pete Rose, and not Barry Bonds, should be in
> > the HoF.

> And yet, Barry Bonds will be in the Hall, and Pete Rose won't. So, as
> usual, you've backed the losing side.

That's what's important, eh? Always back the winner.

cordially, as always,

rm
--
How come so many stat fans, and pseudo stat fans, are Jewish?


08 Mar 2006 14:54:05
Rerics
Re: Bonds: liar and cheat


Ronald Matthews wrote:
> Baby Bonds is a racist. He is only interested in passing McGwire and Ruth and he
> has publicly stated that he doesn't care about passing Aaron.

He also publicly stated, before he did so, that he was interested in
passing Mays. I guess Bonds, a racist, hates blacks as well as whites.

Rerics



08 Mar 2006 15:30:43
Wunnuy
Re: Bonds: liar and cheat


Rerics wrote:
> Ronald Matthews wrote:
> > Baby Bonds is a racist. He is only interested in passing McGwire and Ruth and he
> > has publicly stated that he doesn't care about passing Aaron.
>
> He also publicly stated, before he did so, that he was interested in
> passing Mays. I guess Bonds, a racist, hates blacks as well as whites.
>


He also publically stated a few years back he was going to hit his
500th home run and walk away. He states a lot of dumb things. Truth be
told, I have no doubt the man wants to pass Aaron, he couldn't care
less about the man. He only cares about himself.



09 Mar 2006 02:17:50
Ronald Matthews
Re: Bonds: liar and cheat

Rerics <mccres@aol.com > trolled:

> Ronald Matthews wrote:
> > Baby Bonds is a racist. He is only interested in passing McGwire and Ruth and he
> > has publicly stated that he doesn't care about passing Aaron.

> He also publicly stated, before he did so, that he was interested in
> passing Mays. I guess Bonds, a racist, hates blacks as well as whites.

Nope. His reason for passing Mays was that Mays was his Godfather,
and he wanted to eclipse him for that reason.

"Bonds certainly fueled the notion that Ruth means something
different to him when he spoke out on the prospects of passing the
Babe at the 2004 All-Star Game. Bonds declared it was more important
for him to pass Ruth than Aaron because, "as a left-handed hitter I
wiped him out. And in the baseball world Babe Ruth is everything,
right? I got his slugging percentage, and I'll take his home runs
and that's it. Don't talk about him no more."

http://www.washtimes.com/sports/20060203-114739-5302r.htm

This is appalling.

cordially, as always,

rm


09 Mar 2006 04:01:28
Quaoar
Re: Bonds: liar and cheat

Ronald Matthews wrote:
> Baby Bonds has not only cheated his fans and fellow players, he has
> lied to everyone as well. He has broken the law.
>
> Baby Bonds is a liar. He has stated, repeatedly, that he doesn't do
> steroids and he has dismissed questions about steroids as being
> "stoopid."
>
> Baby Bonds is a cheat. He has broken the law by doing massive
> amounts of steroids for illegitimate purposes. Baby Bonds is a
> racist. He is only interested in passing McGwire and Ruth and he
> has publicly stated that he doesn't care about passing Aaron.
>
> Baby Bonds is worse than Palmeiro, Canseco and McGwire combined.
> Why wasn't Baby Bonds in front of the Hearing where Palmeiro lied?
> Baby Bonds would have lied too. As it is, he may very well face
> perjury charges for his grand jury testimony.
>
> Baby Bonds should be banned from baseball for life. And that
> includes the HoF. And his records should be stricken from the
> record book. It doesn't matter what his record was pre-98. Pete
> Rose was banned and he didn't start gambling on baseball until he
> was past 4000 hits. Pete Rose, and not Barry Bonds, should be in
> the HoF.
>
> We believe that the continued presence of Baby Bonds in a MLB
> training camp is a disgraceful disservice to real fans of the sport.
>
> We recognize that stat fans, especially Jewish stat fans, are all
> fans of Baby Bonds. But they have no respect or understanding of
> the aesthetic aspects of sport. We shit on them, as we shit on Baby
> Bonds.
>
> cordially, as always,
>
> rm

Whether or not Barry Bonds gets into the HoF is not relevant to the
issue of whether Pete Rose should be in the HoF. The actions of Barry
Bonds do not change the fact that Pete Rose is a common criminal, by
definition and without qualification.


09 Mar 2006 20:29:53
Tom MacIntyre
Re: Bonds: liar and cheat

On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 20:23:34 GMT, Ronald Matthews <rm@biteme.org >
wrote:

>David M. Nieporent <nieporen@alumni.princeton.edu> trolled:
>> Ronald Matthews wrote:
>
>> > Baby Bonds should be banned from baseball for life. And that
>> > includes the HoF. And his records should be stricken from the
>> > record book. It doesn't matter what his record was pre-98. Pete
>> > Rose was banned and he didn't start gambling on baseball until he
>> > was past 4000 hits. Pete Rose, and not Barry Bonds, should be in
>> > the HoF.
>
>> And yet, Barry Bonds will be in the Hall, and Pete Rose won't. So, as
>> usual, you've backed the losing side.
>
>That's what's important, eh? Always back the winner.

Isn't winning the most important measure of success?

Tom

>
>cordially, as always,
>
>rm



09 Mar 2006 20:32:43
Ronald Matthews
Re: Bonds: liar and cheat

Tom MacIntyre <tom__macintyre@hotmail.com > trolled:
> On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 20:23:34 GMT, Ronald Matthews <rm@biteme.org>
> wrote:

> >David M. Nieporent <nieporen@alumni.princeton.edu> trolled:
> >> Ronald Matthews wrote:
> >
> >> > Baby Bonds should be banned from baseball for life. And that
> >> > includes the HoF. And his records should be stricken from the
> >> > record book. It doesn't matter what his record was pre-98. Pete
> >> > Rose was banned and he didn't start gambling on baseball until he
> >> > was past 4000 hits. Pete Rose, and not Barry Bonds, should be in
> >> > the HoF.
> >
> >> And yet, Barry Bonds will be in the Hall, and Pete Rose won't. So, as
> >> usual, you've backed the losing side.
> >
> >That's what's important, eh? Always back the winner.

> Isn't winning the most important measure of success?

Winning denotes success at winning and not success at anything else.
If success at winning is the only success you recognize, then we
suggest that you get out a little more.

cordially, as always,

rm


09 Mar 2006 21:16:50
Tom MacIntyre
Re: Bonds: liar and cheat

On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 20:32:43 GMT, Ronald Matthews <rm@biteme.org >
wrote:

>Tom MacIntyre <tom__macintyre@hotmail.com> trolled:
>> On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 20:23:34 GMT, Ronald Matthews <rm@biteme.org>
>> wrote:
>
>> >David M. Nieporent <nieporen@alumni.princeton.edu> trolled:
>> >> Ronald Matthews wrote:
>> >
>> >> > Baby Bonds should be banned from baseball for life. And that
>> >> > includes the HoF. And his records should be stricken from the
>> >> > record book. It doesn't matter what his record was pre-98. Pete
>> >> > Rose was banned and he didn't start gambling on baseball until he
>> >> > was past 4000 hits. Pete Rose, and not Barry Bonds, should be in
>> >> > the HoF.
>> >
>> >> And yet, Barry Bonds will be in the Hall, and Pete Rose won't. So, as
>> >> usual, you've backed the losing side.
>> >
>> >That's what's important, eh? Always back the winner.
>
>> Isn't winning the most important measure of success?
>
>Winning denotes success at winning and not success at anything else.
>If success at winning is the only success you recognize, then we
>suggest that you get out a little more.

I was merely pointing out to you one of your most frequent arguments
against "stat-fan stats".

Tom

>
>cordially, as always,
>
>rm