27 Jun 2005 00:28:45
mat_rocka
Balk question...?

I've been fighting with my friend. Is it legal to get into the
stretch, then step to first and throw as a pickoff move without
taking your foot off the rubbber?

Posted with NewsLeecher v2.0 RC2
* Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
* http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

27 Jun 2005 03:11:14
Ryan Robbins
Re: Balk question...?

"mat_rocka" <mgargano@gmail.com > wrote in message
> I've been fighting with my friend. Is it legal to get into the
> stretch, then step to first and throw as a pickoff move without
> taking your foot off the rubbber?

Yes, as long as you do not make a motion toward the plate.

26 Jun 2005 23:34:29
Bucky
Re: Balk question...?

Ryan Robbins wrote:
> Yes, as long as you do not make a motion toward the plate.

Is is possible for a righty to go into the stretch, then rotate
clockwise and throw to first? Technically, he's not make any motions
towards the plate.

27 Jun 2005 08:34:31
Ryan Robbins
Re: Balk question...?

"Bucky" <uw_badgers@email.com > wrote in message
> Ryan Robbins wrote:
>> Yes, as long as you do not make a motion toward the plate.
>
> Is is possible for a righty to go into the stretch, then rotate
> clockwise and throw to first? Technically, he's not make any motions
> towards the plate.

I would like to see how he could do it while stepping toward first. Once the
lead foot passes the back edge of the rubber, the pitcher has only three
choices: throw or fake to second or pitch.

27 Jun 2005 22:11:15
Dale Hicks
Re: Balk question...?

In article <rSOve.4403$Bn6.1282@trndny08 >, redbird007@verizon.net
says...
> "Bucky" <uw_badgers@email.com> wrote in message
> > Ryan Robbins wrote:
> >> Yes, as long as you do not make a motion toward the plate.
> >
> > Is is possible for a righty to go into the stretch, then rotate
> > clockwise and throw to first? Technically, he's not make any motions
> > towards the plate.
>
> I would like to see how he could do it while stepping toward first. Once the
> lead foot passes the back edge of the rubber, the pitcher has only three
> choices: throw or fake to second or pitch.

Or become Andy Pettitte.

--
Cranial Crusader dgh 1138 at bell south point net

02 Jul 2005 10:31:59
Kenny1111
Re: Balk question...?

Dale Hicks wrote:
> In article <rSOve.4403$Bn6.1282@trndny08>, redbird007@verizon.net
> says...
>
>>"Bucky" <uw_badgers@email.com> wrote in message

>>>Is is possible for a righty to go into the stretch, then rotate
>>>clockwise and throw to first? Technically, he's not make any motions
>>>towards the plate.
>>
>>I would like to see how he could do it while stepping toward first. Once the
>>lead foot passes the back edge of the rubber, the pitcher has only three
>>choices: throw or fake to second or pitch.
>

> Or become Andy Pettitte.

Pettitte's lead foot would generally not cross the back edge of the
rubber, though it would come awfully close.