18 Aug 2003 12:28:42
any experience with atomic boards?

Hi all,

i'll be buying a new board and i am thinking of either a burton indie
or an atomic. does anyone have any experience, good or bad, with
atomic? can anyone reccommend a board that might be better than a
burton? i don't do parks or pipes or race, just freeride, full
mountain riding.
any help appreciated. thanks.

18 Aug 2003 13:21:59
Steve Dold
Re: any experience with atomic boards?

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003, Mike T wrote:

The Oxygens are made by Atomic Skis, and are very good boards.
Expecially the Proton, I have a 178 and it's one of my two favorite
boards. Really good build quality and good materials and good design, a
lot of thought went into this thing.

Say NO to useless over-quoting! Just quote a few lines to get the
point across, not the whole goddamn thing, OK? Thanks! :-)

Tiburon27
Re: any experience with atomic boards?

Check out Lib tech's line of boards. I swear by them.

Also try Prior snowboards. I think you might like what you find there

27 Sep 2003 23:10:56
Cornelis Zijlstra
Re: any experience with atomic boards?

Last year's atomic Syndicate made it in the top 10 freeride boards of some
snowboarding magazine (not sure which one though).

So at least some of them seem to be pretty good.

Cornelis

<obscurealien@yahoo.com > wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> i'll be buying a new board and i am thinking of either a burton indie
> or an atomic. does anyone have any experience, good or bad, with
> atomic? can anyone reccommend a board that might be better than a
> burton? i don't do parks or pipes or race, just freeride, full
> mountain riding.
> any help appreciated. thanks.

07 Oct 2003 19:55:04
pj
Re: any experience with atomic boards?

> <obscurealien@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > i'll be buying a new board and i am thinking of either a burton indie
> > or an atomic. does anyone have any experience, good or bad, with
> > atomic? [...]

Well they're all boards. The Atomic stuff's well made sure enough, although
as is the way with these things, it depends what you want to do and
precisely which board you have in mind. I wrote some bullshit last season on
an Atomic "Blue Eyes" 66:
http://www.wigglesworld.klebos.com/heliboard/blueeyes/index.htm

Really you have to ride something to know if it's any use; it's not possible
generally to say that a particular board will be good for a particular
rider.

Phil