21 Sep 2004 16:56:50
Roey Liss
Snowboarding In whistler Early Season?

My firends and I are booked a vacation to Whistler for Dec.1st , does
anybody knows what are the conditions there normally on novmber and
early december.
What portion of the mountain is open, are the back bowls are open to
ski.
And is the park ready by the openning day of Blackcomb?

22 Sep 2004 07:19:13
Jules Agee
Re: Snowboarding In whistler Early Season?

royliss@gmail.com (Roey Liss) wrote in message news:<60a8472a.0409211556.25c5cc0b@posting.google.com >...
> My firends and I are booked a vacation to Whistler for Dec.1st , does
> anybody knows what are the conditions there normally on novmber and
> early december.
> What portion of the mountain is open, are the back bowls are open to
> ski.
> And is the park ready by the openning day of Blackcomb?

I was at Whistler last Thanksgiving. Blackcomb was open, but Whistler
wasn't yet. The snow machines had been running at full tilt for a
week, and we were lucky to get a big snowfall just before we arrived.
Conditions were great, but people were telling us that we were really
lucky to get that last snowfall, and that normally you don't want to
use your nice equipment until the rocks get well buried by a big
December snowstorm.

24 Sep 2004 00:19:20
tlf
Re: Snowboarding In whistler Early Season?

i was there last thanksgiving as well and whistler was open (just not the
upper chairs) with lot's of fresh snow on opening day (thurs). the last
1000ft to the village was pretty sticky. they got another 10" thurs night
but was super windy all day friday. saturday we rode blackcomb with clear
skies and great snow.. the bc park was mostly open from what i remember. the
day we left (sunday) whistler opened the upper chairs..bummer..

the year before (thanksgiving weekend) the snow was so sparse my friends
rented quads and only boarded 1 of 3 days.