25 Dec 2007 17:59:06
Speedskater
Little Kid Snowboarding in Colorado

Where in Colorado can a 3 year old kid snowboard? Probably in or near
Summit County. I was just told that kid's need to be 5 years old to
snowboard in Colorado (or maybe at some resorts).

26 Dec 2007 06:36:56
Re: Little Kid Snowboarding in Colorado

On Dec 25, 5:59=A0pm, Speedskater <grafkcBL...@cox.net > wrote:
> Where in Colorado can a 3 year old kid snowboard? Probably in or near
> Summit County. I was just told that kid's need to be 5 years old to
> snowboard in Colorado (or maybe at some resorts).

Check out the ticket prices for Loveland. It says "5 and under
free". Not sure if Loveland is still in Summit Cty, but it just on
the other side of the continental divide, so real close. And a nice
place. I've been there on a Sunday afternoon in mid season, when
there were no lines and beers were $2!

27 Dec 2007 20:10:04
Re: Little Kid Snowboarding in Colorado

Did your child ever Snowboard?
I wouldn't recommend, to put a child on a Snowboard under 5-6 years,
because most (all) children below that age don't have enough power to
put pressure on the edge.
This isn't only my personal experience as a sb-guide, most guides share
this opinion.

02 Jan 2008 10:22:53
Neil Gendzwill

Speedskater wrote:
> Where in Colorado can a 3 year old kid snowboard? Probably in or near
> Summit County. I was just told that kid's need to be 5 years old to
> snowboard in Colorado (or maybe at some resorts).

I wasn't aware that there are any rules, or do you mean that you're
looking for a snowboard school that will teach a 3 year old? It's a
pretty rare 3 year old that can handle a snowboard, they are usually
much better off on skis and from personal experience with my kids even
that doesn't always work out so young.

My advice is to put them on skis and have realistic (low) expectations
for whether they will do well/enjoy it.

Neil