17 Aug 2003 15:56:15
Frazer Mountford
Checklist

Im trying to compile a checklist for things to cover when planning a ski /
board holiday I wonder if anyone can add to the list any that I have
forgotten or if there are any links to such on the internet

Accommodation
Insurance + E111
Travel
Transfers
Lessons
Equipment Hire
Clothing
Lift passes
Travel to from accommodation to slope / Apres ski (if needed)
Currency
Catering (if not provided)
Apres ski
Passports

17 Aug 2003 10:27:20
Dr Bob Holt
Re: Checklist

AFAIK E111's don't exist anymore, you just need a European passport.

--
http://www.endlesswinter.co.uk
"When Hell freezes over, I'll snowboard there too"

"Frazer Mountford" <reply_to_post_for_em@il.com.net.org > wrote in message
> Im trying to compile a checklist for things to cover when planning a ski /
> board holiday I wonder if anyone can add to the list any that I have
> forgotten or if there are any links to such on the internet
>
> Accommodation
> Insurance + E111
> Travel
> Transfers
> Lessons
> Equipment Hire
> Clothing
> Lift passes
> Travel to from accommodation to slope / Apres ski (if needed)
> Currency
> Catering (if not provided)
> Apres ski
> Passports

17 Aug 2003 20:41:40
Sue
Re: Checklist

In message <3f3fada9$1_9@news.athenanews.com >, Dr Bob Holt
<bob@endlesswinter.co.uk > writes
>AFAIK E111's don't exist anymore, you just need a European passport.

Is that a new thing? They existed in January.
--
Sue ]:(:)

17 Aug 2003 14:02:59
The Real Bev
Re: Checklist

Frazer Mountford wrote:

> Im trying to compile a checklist for things to cover when planning a ski /
> board holiday I wonder if anyone can add to the list any that I have
> forgotten or if there are any links to such on the internet
>
> Accommodation
> Insurance + E111
> Travel
> Transfers
> Lessons
> Equipment Hire
> Clothing
> Lift passes
> Travel to from accommodation to slope / Apres ski (if needed)
> Currency
> Catering (if not provided)
> Apres ski
> Passports

Credit card(s)
Driver's license
Glasses/pharmaceuticals prescription(s)
A book you've always meant to read in case you get sent to Transportation
Hell

--
Cheers,
Bev

17 Aug 2003 21:09:00
Frazer Mountford
Re: Checklist

"The Real Bev" <bashley@myrealbox.com > wrote in message
> Frazer Mountford wrote:
> >
> > Im trying to compile a checklist for things to cover when planning a ski
/
> > board holiday I wonder if anyone can add to the list any that I have
> > forgotten or if there are any links to such on the internet
> >
> > Accommodation
> > Insurance + E111
> > Travel
> > Transfers
> > Lessons
> > Equipment Hire
> > Clothing
> > Lift passes
> > Travel to from accommodation to slope / Apres ski (if needed)
> > Currency
> > Catering (if not provided)
> > Apres ski
> > Passports
>
> Credit card(s)
> Driver's license
> Glasses/pharmaceuticals prescription(s)
> A book you've always meant to read in case you get sent to Transportation
> Hell

These are more luggage / kit things, im thinking more of things to look at
then planning a trip Clothing is there because you may need to buy / hire
beforehand maybe prescriptions if you need to see the doctor to ask advice
to go on a ski trip if you've had an accident, driving licence if you need
to extend it for abroad but you don't need to do that now same with Credit
cards

17 Aug 2003 17:30:58
The Real Bev
Re: Checklist

Frazer Mountford wrote:

> "The Real Bev" <bashley@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
> > Frazer Mountford wrote:
> > >
> > > Im trying to compile a checklist for things to cover when planning a ski
> /
> > > board holiday I wonder if anyone can add to the list any that I have
> > > forgotten or if there are any links to such on the internet
> > >
> > > Accommodation
> > > Insurance + E111
> > > Travel
> > > Transfers
> > > Lessons
> > > Equipment Hire
> > > Clothing
> > > Lift passes
> > > Travel to from accommodation to slope / Apres ski (if needed)
> > > Currency
> > > Catering (if not provided)
> > > Apres ski
> > > Passports
> >
> > Credit card(s)
> > Driver's license
> > Glasses/pharmaceuticals prescription(s)
> > A book you've always meant to read in case you get sent to Transportation
> > Hell
>
> These are more luggage / kit things, im thinking more of things to look at
> then planning a trip Clothing is there because you may need to buy / hire
> beforehand maybe prescriptions if you need to see the doctor to ask advice
> to go on a ski trip if you've had an accident, driving licence if you need
> to extend it for abroad but you don't need to do that now same with Credit
> cards

Be glad I didn't suggest the hundreds of pounds of tools I always haul
around on trips. (No, it doesn't matter that we're in a car.) OTOH, a
popular rule is "take half as much stuff and twice as much money as you
think you'll need."

--
Cheers,
Bev

17 Aug 2003 18:52:34
AstroPax
Re: Checklist

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 14:02:59 -0700, The Real Bev
<bashley@myrealbox.com > wrote:

>A book you've always meant to read in case you get sent to Transportation
>Hell

And for that inevitable hell of a hangover, maybe a bottle of Excedrin
(extra strength).

-Astro

18 Aug 2003 10:49:15
Barney
Re: Checklist

"Sue" <SPAM@blackhole.invalid > wrote in message
> In message <3f3fada9$1_9@news.athenanews.com>, Dr Bob Holt
> <bob@endlesswinter.co.uk> writes
> >AFAIK E111's don't exist anymore, you just need a European passport.
> >
> Is that a new thing? They existed in January.

Got mine in April - there was no mention of them being phased out.

18 Aug 2003 19:24:58
Wombat
Re: Checklist

"Frazer Mountford" <reply_to_post_for_em@il.com.net.org > wrote in

> Im trying to compile a checklist for things to cover when planning a
> ski / board holiday I wonder if anyone can add to the list any that I
> have forgotten or if there are any links to such on the internet

Blarp has a downloadable form in their skiing forum that's pretty good.

http://www.blarp.com-- > Sports & Rec.

--
Last Wombat in Baghdad

18 Aug 2003 20:33:04
Frazer Mountford
Re: Checklist

"Wombat" <wombat@nowhere.noway.yes > wrote in message
> "Frazer Mountford" <reply_to_post_for_em@il.com.net.org> wrote in
>
> > Im trying to compile a checklist for things to cover when planning a
> > ski / board holiday I wonder if anyone can add to the list any that I
> > have forgotten or if there are any links to such on the internet
>
> Blarp has a downloadable form in their skiing forum that's pretty good.

Would it be possible for you to send it to me as I don't fancy registering
just to download it, ill give you my email address if you agree

18 Aug 2003 16:56:17
Richard Henry

> pigo wrote:
> >
> > "The Real Bev" <bashley@myrealbox.com> wrote
> >
> > > Be glad I didn't suggest the hundreds of pounds of tools I always haul
> > > around on trips. (No, it doesn't matter that we're in a car.) OTOH, a
> > > popular rule is "take half as much stuff and twice as much money as
> > > you think you'll need."
> >
> > There's also a rule that says "better to have and not need than need and
> > not have".
>
> That's why my handbag weighs 6 pounds before I add the CP800. Every once
> in a while I try to eliminate stuff, but everything I have in there is
> essential. Doesn't every woman carry 3 pocketknives and a fake
> leatherman?

Real women have a real man who carries a real leatherman in a belt-loop
scabbard.

For some reason, I amd reminded of when Hank Hill got out his miniature
belt-loop can of WD-40 to loosen the cap on his full-size can of WD-40.

19 Aug 2003 00:43:29
Wombat
Re: Checklist

> Would it be possible for you to send it to me as I don't fancy
> registering just to download it, ill give you my email address if you
> agree

Nope. I don't fancy downloading and e-mailing it just to save you from
registering. :-)

--
Last Wombat in Baghdad

18 Aug 2003 18:12:29
The Real Bev
Re: Checklist

Richard Henry wrote:

> "The Real Bev" <bashley@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
> > pigo wrote:
> > >
> > > "The Real Bev" <bashley@myrealbox.com> wrote

> > > There's also a rule that says "better to have and not need than need and
> > > not have".
> >
> > That's why my handbag weighs 6 pounds before I add the CP800. Every once
> > in a while I try to eliminate stuff, but everything I have in there is
> > essential. Doesn't every woman carry 3 pocketknives and a fake
> > leatherman?
>
> Real women have a real man who carries a real leatherman in a belt-loop
> scabbard.

I figure it's a fair trade if I carry them and he uses them.

> For some reason, I amd reminded of when Hank Hill got out his miniature
> belt-loop can of WD-40 to loosen the cap on his full-size can of WD-40.

Good one. I have a miniature real leatherman and a tiny Swiss Army knife
in my butt-bag, along with a smallish-but-not-SMALL Buck knife. And a
lipstick, of course.

--
Cheers,
Bev

Baretta
Re: Checklist

You can add the following aswell:

- Most importantly - start conditioning/exercising a few weeks to condition
the "boarding muscles" so you don't strain/break anything on the first
outing
- your own fitting helmet, especially if you'll be park riding
- ass-pad if you're prone to dumping on your butt
- comfortable goggles or sunglasses
- camera, film/memory cards, batteries
- small tool kit for adjusting bindings, etc...
- Hydration pack - You get real thirsty in that cold dry air
- FRS radios - keep in contact with friends/family
- sunblock if you're prone to burning
- neoprene face/breath guard for those real frosty days
- Quality Clothing: jacket, pants, gloves, hats, neckwarmers,
knee/elbow/wrist guards, etc... or pick them up at the skishop for $$$
- if you're beginner - rent the board/boots rather than travelling with
them. This way, you'll also get to try out different brands and systems
before you buy your own. For advanced riders, take your own, my boots fit
like a glove and are soooo comfortable.

- Check into your travel package - lot of places have a ski&stay package
that includes the lift tickets aswell and cheaper in the long run.

Man, I cant wait till the first snowfall here (Ontario, Canada). Wonder how
many of us go into snow-withdrawel during the summer months. Luckily I
discovered kitesurfing/boarding. Will be kitesnowboarding this winter for
sure!

Cheers.

"Frazer Mountford" <reply_to_post_for_em@il.com.net.org > wrote in message
> Im trying to compile a checklist for things to cover when planning a ski /
> board holiday I wonder if anyone can add to the list any that I have
> forgotten or if there are any links to such on the internet
>
> Accommodation
> Insurance + E111
> Travel
> Transfers
> Lessons
> Equipment Hire
> Clothing
> Lift passes
> Travel to from accommodation to slope / Apres ski (if needed)
> Currency
> Catering (if not provided)
> Apres ski
> Passports

25 Aug 2003 10:56:25
lal_truckee
Re: Checklist

Frazer Mountford wrote:

> Im trying to compile a checklist for things to cover when planning a ski /
> board holiday I wonder if anyone can add to the list any that I have
> forgotten or if there are any links to such on the internet
>
> Accommodation
> Insurance + E111
> Travel
> Transfers
> Lessons
> Equipment Hire
> Clothing
> Lift passes
> Travel to from accommodation to slope / Apres ski (if needed)
> Currency
> Catering (if not provided)
> Apres ski
> Passports