06 Sep 2005 22:01:39
Andy Sandford
Alpe d'Huez - your opinions?

Hi all

Anyone got any feelings - good, bad, indifferent?

Cheers

Andy

06 Sep 2005 19:57:10
Re: Alpe d'Huez - your opinions?

Going up the hill on a bicycle has to be tough.

07 Sep 2005 08:53:42
Andy Sandford
Re: Alpe d'Huez - your opinions?

<Kim_Jong_Il@volcanomail.com > wrote in message
> Going up the hill on a bicycle has to be tough.

I'd prefer snow related answers... but thanks for the effort! ;0)

07 Sep 2005 09:22:33
Re: Alpe d'Huez - your opinions?

Sorry; couldn't resist. Until your post, I hadn't known that anyone
went downhill at Alpe d'Huez. Whenever I think of the location, the
beyond-the-scale uphill climb is etched in my mind.

Probably a blast going down the slopes too.

I'll be better next time.

08 Sep 2005 14:35:58
davidof
Re: Alpe d'Huez - your opinions?

Andy Sandford wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Anyone got any feelings - good, bad, indifferent?

SW facing so the snow melts fast but not too much flat above the 1st
troncon lift, the Sarenne (longest black run in France/Europe/World) is
probably a bit flat at the end on a board as is the famous tunnel.

Good nightlife. I don't know what they have in the way of park - didn't
see it last season.

08 Sep 2005 16:28:53
Re: Alpe d'Huez - your opinions?

It's ok. Was not impressed with the terrain, but the setting is nice.
The mountain is south facing generally so conditions go to the extremes
more so than north facing resorts. Typical high-altitude, high-rise
style french resort. The access road is brutal, even in a car.

I like Val Cenis.

Andy Sandford wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Anyone got any feelings - good, bad, indifferent?
>
> Cheers
>
> Andy

09 Sep 2005 12:03:16
Andy Sandford
Val Thorens - was "Alpe d'Huez - your opinions?"

Thanks to all who responded, but looks like we could be going to Val Thorens
now...

...any feedback, greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Andy

13 Sep 2005 10:04:29
davidof
Re: Val Thorens - was "Alpe d'Huez - your opinions?"

Andy Sandford wrote:
> Thanks to all who responded, but looks like we could be going to Val Thorens
> now...

hope they've got rid of the uphill sections :-)