19 Jan 2004 21:24:34
Gary B.
Tahoe Questions

I will be skiing in Tahoe 1/27-1/29. I'm planning on going to Heavenly two
days and Squaw one day. I was hoping someone could answer a few questions
for me. What are the crowds like on weekdays? I will be skiing alone, how
hard is it to find others to share a lift with? I've seen its been in the
40's lately, is that normal for this time of year? Thanks for any help.

19 Jan 2004 21:03:18
Terry Morse
Re: Tahoe Questions

"Gary B." wrote:

> I will be skiing in Tahoe 1/27-1/29. I'm planning on going to Heavenly two
> days and Squaw one day. I was hoping someone could answer a few questions
> for me. What are the crowds like on weekdays?

Unless it's a holiday, the crowds should be small to non-existant
midweek.

> I will be skiing alone, how
> hard is it to find others to share a lift with?

Not hard at all. Just walk up to the lift line and join up with
someone.

> I've seen its been in the 40's lately, is that normal for this
> time of year?

Yes, a warm and dry spell in January is pretty common. It may last
several days to a couple of weeks. Eventually, the blocking high
pressure breaks down and the storms come rolling in. The ten-day
model shows about average precipitation and temperatures. Lots more
weather forecasts here:

http://www.terrymorse.com/ski/weather/

--
terry morse Palo Alto, CA http://www.terrymorse.com/ski/