05 Sep 2003 17:59:14
Helen Montfort
Jackson Hole

Considering a week in Jackson Hole next Feb/March, and have heard the
queues in the morning are an hour long. Have I been given the right
information. We have skied in other US resorts and never waited longer
than 5 mins.

07 Sep 2003 16:14:32
JSACKS
Re: Jackson Hole

You have a lot of lift choices, the tram can have a wait but you get a huge
amount of verticle. There is so much terrain you can stay away from lift
lines.

Still number 2 on my list after Whistler/Blackcomb.

JSACKS<<
Need a condo at Killington? http://vtcondo.jsacks.com

"Helen Montfort" <h_montfort@hotmail.com > wrote in message
> Considering a week in Jackson Hole next Feb/March, and have heard the
> queues in the morning are an hour long. Have I been given the right
> information. We have skied in other US resorts and never waited longer
> than 5 mins.

09 Sep 2003 11:43:06
Steve
Re: Jackson Hole

On 5 Sep 2003 17:59:14 -0700, h_montfort@hotmail.com (Helen Montfort)
wrote:

>Considering a week in Jackson Hole next Feb/March, and have heard the
>queues in the morning are an hour long. Have I been given the right
>information. We have skied in other US resorts and never waited longer
>than 5 mins.

Maybe on a weekend if there was a lot of fresh powder there could be a
big queue for the tram as you described, but I was there in early
March and never had to wait quite that long, but we did wait for about
30 minutes one time to get the tram. All the other lifts were fine,
the gondola line moves pretty fast - it often looked bad but in
reality was only 5 minutes wait. You can access a lot hell of a lot of
Jackson's skiing without using the tram, but if you want to ski
Corbetts you have to take the tram...

I'd highly recommend Jackson, probably the best ski trip I've ever
done. We got lucky with the weather, lots of fresh snow, but even so I
can't imagine that place would disappoint anyone with the ability to
ski it. If you are very keen on the skiing and don't mind limited
nightlife I'd also recommend you stay in Teton Village to give you the
best chance of beating the queues. If you stay in Jackson itself you
have a 20 minute drive or bus ride to get to the lifts.

~ If emailing, please use: Steve_A_Haigh
~ @
~ hotmail.com
~

28 Oct 2003 16:12:48
Brian Sniatkowski
Re: Jackson Hole

Just for the tram. All the other lifts have normal waits.