24 Nov 2004 14:04:18
thommo
transfers - geneva/champagny 18.12


I have been doing a bit of online research into transfers
and have found either expensive private transfer (500+ Euro for 4 one way)
or coach services that are relatively cheap - but much less convenient.

Advice welcome from anyone knowing of anything in between (self drive car
hire excluded) or any better value transfer companies?

Thanks

thommo



24 Nov 2004 22:29:10
Tom
Re: transfers - geneva/champagny 18.12

i would have thought the best bet is to take the ter sncf from geneva
station to chambery, and then to take the standard sncf from there to
somewhere like moutiers. thats how i plan to get to val thorens on sunday
but then again im not exactly sure whether they are that close.

tom

"thommo" <thommo@falseaddress.co.uk > wrote in message
news:BDCA4562.72EBC%thommo@falseaddress.co.uk...
>
> I have been doing a bit of online research into transfers
> and have found either expensive private transfer (500+ Euro for 4 one way)
> or coach services that are relatively cheap - but much less convenient.
>
> Advice welcome from anyone knowing of anything in between (self drive car
> hire excluded) or any better value transfer companies?
>
> Thanks
>
> thommo
>




25 Nov 2004 08:40:05
John Wilcock
Re: transfers - geneva/champagny 18.12

Tom a écrit :
> i would have thought the best bet is to take the ter sncf from geneva
> station to chambery, and then to take the standard sncf from there to
> somewhere like moutiers. thats how i plan to get to val thorens on sunday
> but then again im not exactly sure whether they are that close.

You can check out the train times on http://www.voyages-sncf.com/-
Geneva to Moutiers takes 3 to 4 hours by train but there aren't exactly
very many trains on a Sunday. Moutiers is about an hour from ValTho by bus.


John.

--
-- Over 2500 webcams from ski resorts around the world - www.snoweye.com
-- Translate your technical documents and web pages - www.tradoc.fr


25 Nov 2004 17:25:59
nic in la tania
Re: transfers - geneva/champagny 18.12

give phil a try on 0033479222671 he does transfers all over the place , bit
cheaper than most.
tell him nic sent you then he can buy the next beers !


Nic
www.accommodationinthealps.co.uk
"John Wilcock" <john-nospam@news.tradoc.net > wrote in message
news:GRBL0828F4C2@garibaldi.tradoc.net...
> Tom a écrit :
> > i would have thought the best bet is to take the ter sncf from geneva
> > station to chambery, and then to take the standard sncf from there to
> > somewhere like moutiers. thats how i plan to get to val thorens on
sunday
> > but then again im not exactly sure whether they are that close.
>
> You can check out the train times on http://www.voyages-sncf.com/-
> Geneva to Moutiers takes 3 to 4 hours by train but there aren't exactly
> very many trains on a Sunday. Moutiers is about an hour from ValTho by
bus.
>
>
> John.
>
> --
> -- Over 2500 webcams from ski resorts around the world - www.snoweye.com
> -- Translate your technical documents and web pages - www.tradoc.fr




29 Nov 2004 13:41:34
thommo
Re: transfers - geneva/champagny 18.12

thanks to all who replied

in article 41a6079b$0$31297$8fcfb975@news.wanadoo.fr, nic in la tania at
nic@accommodationinthealps.co.uk wrote on 25/11/04 4:25 pm:

> give phil a try on 0033479222671 he does transfers all over the place , bit
> cheaper than most.
> tell him nic sent you then he can buy the next beers !
>
>
> Nic
> www.accommodationinthealps.co.uk
> "John Wilcock" <john-nospam@news.tradoc.net> wrote in message
> news:GRBL0828F4C2@garibaldi.tradoc.net...
>> Tom a écrit :
>>> i would have thought the best bet is to take the ter sncf from geneva
>>> station to chambery, and then to take the standard sncf from there to
>>> somewhere like moutiers. thats how i plan to get to val thorens on
> sunday
>>> but then again im not exactly sure whether they are that close.
>>
>> You can check out the train times on http://www.voyages-sncf.com/-
>> Geneva to Moutiers takes 3 to 4 hours by train but there aren't exactly
>> very many trains on a Sunday. Moutiers is about an hour from ValTho by
> bus.
>>
>>
>> John.
>>
>> --
>> -- Over 2500 webcams from ski resorts around the world - www.snoweye.com
>> -- Translate your technical documents and web pages - www.tradoc.fr
>
>