25 Nov 2004 17:24:33
nic in la tania
snow on the balcony !!

just come back from africa to find snow on the balcony ...nice ..cannons are
going full blast in pralognan & la tania (and courchevel from what i could
see) , good base down already .
but whens the next snow coming , and why is la tania opening so bloody late
this season

--
Cheers
Nic & Karen

26 Nov 2004 00:18:21
David Off
Re: snow on the balcony !!

nic in la tania wrote:
> when is the next snow coming

Monday

> and why is la tania opening so bloody late this season

well they caught out with poor snow at the start of last season and
there is even less around this year

25 Nov 2004 23:50:09
Edi
Re: snow on the balcony !!

"David Off" <david.off_dumpthisbit_@voila.fr > wrote in message
> nic in la tania wrote:
> > when is the next snow coming
>
> Monday
>
> > and why is la tania opening so bloody late this season
>
> well they caught out with poor snow at the start of last season and
> there is even less around this year

It will be fine... this season is going to be a cracker ... we can but hope
!

Last year our start in Valmo was rescued by some snow just a week before the
start of the season. The first day was more like Glasgow in July than the
Alps in winter though... but the rest of the week was fine.

All the best Nic, see you in Feb.

Edi

26 Nov 2004 07:11:50
Enotrio Pallanzo
Re: snow on the balcony !!

> Last year our start in Valmo was rescued by some snow just a week before
the
> start of the season. The first day was more like Glasgow in July than the
> Alps in winter though... but the rest of the week was fine.

Ahh, Glasgow, nice place to have ski-fun !

:-)))

EP

26 Nov 2004 19:52:41
nic in la tania
Re: snow on the balcony !!

the folyers piste is already bashed and about 40cms thick so far !

--
"Enotrio Pallanzo" <enotrio.pallanzoURCA@virgilio.it > wrote in message
> > Last year our start in Valmo was rescued by some snow just a week before
> the
> > start of the season. The first day was more like Glasgow in July than
the
> > Alps in winter though... but the rest of the week was fine.
>
> Ahh, Glasgow, nice place to have ski-fun !
>
> :-)))
>
> EP

26 Nov 2004 22:55:49
David Off
Re: snow on the balcony !!

nic in la tania wrote:
> the folyers piste is already bashed and about 40cms thick so far !

You will be telling us you have some appartments to rent next :-)

27 Nov 2004 08:20:58
Enotrio Pallanzo
Re: snow on the balcony !!

> > > Last year our start in Valmo was rescued by some snow just a week
before
> > the
> > > start of the season. The first day was more like Glasgow in July than
> the
> > > Alps in winter though... but the rest of the week was fine.
> >
> > Ahh, Glasgow, nice place to have ski-fun !
> >

> the folyers piste is already bashed and about 40cms thick so far !

Ok, but tell us about the open lifts, please ! :-)

EP

27 Nov 2004 18:54:19
nic in la tania
Re: snow on the balcony !!

fummy you should say that ! ..go on then 400 for xmas week, sleeps 4
--

> before
> > > the
> > the
> > >
> > > Ahh, Glasgow, nice place to have ski-fun !
> > >

> > the folyers piste is already bashed and about 40cms thick so far !
>
> Ok, but tell us about the open lifts, please ! :-)
>
> EP

27 Nov 2004 19:46:08
Enotrio Pallanzo
Re: snow on the balcony !!

> > before
> than
> > > the

> > > the folyers piste is already bashed and about 40cms thick so far !
> >
> > Ok, but tell us about the open lifts, please ! :-)
> >
> fummy you should say that ! ..go on then 400 for xmas week, sleeps 4
> --

LOL

EP

27 Nov 2004 19:04:35
Edi
Re: snow on the balcony !!

> > > before
> > than

> > > Ok, but tell us about the open lifts, please ! :-)
> > >
> > fummy you should say that ! ..go on then 400 for xmas week, sleeps 4
> > --
>
> LOL
>
> EP

Fummy ?! ... anyway I can thoroughly recommend the apartments and a great
value offer as well ! If only I could persuade my wife to go twice.

In fact Ennotrio we actually will be looking for ski fun in Glasgow at
Xmas... but their snowdome thingy doesn't open tilll 2006 !

Tout le meilleur,

Edi

27 Nov 2004 23:49:36
nic in la tania
Re: snow on the balcony !!

typos must be due to the change in air pressure and impending snow :-)

--
"Edi" <emedi1nospam@waitrose.com > wrote in message

> "Enotrio Pallanzo" <enotrio.pallanzoURCA@virgilio.it> wrote in message

> week
July
> > > than

> > > fummy you should say that ! ..go on then 400 for xmas week, sleeps 4
> > > --
> >
> > LOL
> >
> > EP
> >

> Fummy ?! ... anyway I can thoroughly recommend the apartments and a great
> value offer as well ! If only I could persuade my wife to go twice.
>
> In fact Ennotrio we actually will be looking for ski fun in Glasgow at
> Xmas... but their snowdome thingy doesn't open tilll 2006 !
>
> Tout le meilleur,
>
> Edi

29 Nov 2004 08:24:45
Enotrio Pallanzo
Re: snow on the balcony !!

> > week
> July

> > > LOL
> > >
> > > EP
> > >

> > Fummy ?! ... anyway I can thoroughly recommend the apartments and a
great
> > value offer as well ! If only I could persuade my wife to go twice.
> >
> > In fact Ennotrio we actually will be looking for ski fun in Glasgow at
> > Xmas... but their snowdome thingy doesn't open tilll 2006 !
> >
> > Tout le meilleur,
> >
> > Edi
> >
> typos must be due to the change in air pressure and impending snow :-)
>
> --
> Cheers
> Nic & Karen

Wise people, those living in Glasgow. Risk of avalanges, no open slopes. :-)

Enotrio

02 Dec 2004 15:55:47
k_mm
Re: snow on the balcony !!

"Edi" <emedi1nospam@waitrose.com > wrote in message

> In fact Ennotrio we actually will be looking for ski fun in Glasgow at
> Xmas... but their snowdome thingy doesn't open tilll 2006 !

For ski fun in Glasgow at xmas you will need to use your imagination. Just
back from 2 weeks in Tignes and teaching on plastic last night, lots of fun
but cant beat the real thing.

2 dry slopes to choose from and who knows it might even snow for you. If the
thought of a few runs on Dendix doesnt thrill you there is the ice skating
in George Square to polish up on your short radius turns :) but you need to
get there by the 24th
http://www.glasgow.gov.uk/en/Residents/Leisure_Culture/glasgowonice.htm

K.

02 Dec 2004 22:18:59
Edi
Re: snow on the balcony !!

"k_mm" <gone@stillnothere.com > wrote in message

> "Edi" <emedi1nospam@waitrose.com> wrote in message
> >
> > In fact Ennotrio we actually will be looking for ski fun in Glasgow at
> > Xmas... but their snowdome thingy doesn't open tilll 2006 !
> >

> For ski fun in Glasgow at xmas you will need to use your imagination. Just
> back from 2 weeks in Tignes and teaching on plastic last night, lots of
fun
> but cant beat the real thing.
>
> 2 dry slopes to choose from and who knows it might even snow for you. If
the
> thought of a few runs on Dendix doesnt thrill you there is the ice skating
> in George Square to polish up on your short radius turns :) but you need
> get there by the 24th
> http://www.glasgow.gov.uk/en/Residents/Leisure_Culture/glasgowonice.htm
>
> K.

Thanks for the suggestions... I think we will see if global warming has
totally wiped out the Scottish ski industry yet (remember the last ice age
in the early 1980's !)

Otherwise we will wait for La Tania in Feb, and Buchanan Street shopping at
Xmas.

All the best,

Edi