13 Dec 2007 05:07:18
m.cabezon@gmail.com
Where do you plan to ski?

Hi , I'm brend new in this group, french, 24 years old.
I was wondering in which station you planned to ski this winter? (In
Alps i suppose)
For your information, there has been big snow falls recently,
especially in northern alps with more than 1m50 sometimes, it's a good
season beginning

13 Dec 2007 13:50:00
cupra
Re: Where do you plan to ski?

m.cabezon@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi , I'm brend new in this group, french, 24 years old.
> I was wondering in which station you planned to ski this winter? (In
> Alps i suppose)
> For your information, there has been big snow falls recently,
> especially in northern alps with more than 1m50 sometimes, it's a good
> season beginning

Morzine, 5th Jan!

13 Dec 2007 21:30:03
Alex Heney
Re: Where do you plan to ski?

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 05:07:18 -0800 (PST), "m.cabezon@gmail.com"
<m.cabezon@gmail.com > wrote:

>Hi , I'm brend new in this group, french, 24 years old.
>I was wondering in which station you planned to ski this winter? (In
>Alps i suppose)
>For your information, there has been big snow falls recently,
>especially in northern alps with more than 1m50 sometimes, it's a good
>season beginning

Zell Am Ziller, 5th of January for a week :-)
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
Hey! Who took the cork off my lunch??!

Ace

<m.cabezon@gmail.com > wrote:

>Hi , I'm brend new in this group, french, 24 years old.
>I was wondering in which station you planned to ski this winter? (In
>Alps i suppose)

Three weekends already in Engelberg, now 3 weeks in Flaine starting
Saturday, an off-piste week with mates in Engelberg in January, a
week's holiday (leading) Feb half-term in Grindelwald, then a rep's
refresher course in Chamonix in April.

The rest of the time isn't yet planned, but it might involve a little
skiing the odd weekend or three :-)

>For your information, there has been big snow falls recently,
>especially in northern alps with more than 1m50 sometimes, it's a good
>season beginning

Aye, conditions in Engelberg are great ATM, and when I left there on
Tuesday morning there was about 30cm of fresh in the village (1000m)
so loads more up top. Flaine's looking damn good too, with 160cm on
top and 80cm at the village level.

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)

cupra
Re: Where do you plan to ski?

Ace wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 05:07:18 -0800 (PST), "m.cabezon@gmail.com"
> <m.cabezon@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi , I'm brend new in this group, french, 24 years old.
>> I was wondering in which station you planned to ski this winter? (In
>> Alps i suppose)
>
> Three weekends already in Engelberg, now 3 weeks in Flaine starting
> Saturday, an off-piste week with mates in Engelberg in January, a
> week's holiday (leading) Feb half-term in Grindelwald, then a rep's
> refresher course in Chamonix in April.
>
> The rest of the time isn't yet planned, but it might involve a little
> skiing the odd weekend or three :-)

I can confirm I now officially hate you! ;)

14 Dec 2007 00:38:25
m.cabezon@gmail.com
Re: Where do you plan to ski?

Flaine is really cool for skiing ( even if it's not very nice
looking :/).
I'll probably be at "Les Carroz" (near Flaine) from 26 December to 30
December :)

14 Dec 2007 01:09:45
Matt T
Re: Where do you plan to ski?

On Dec 13, 1:07 pm, "m.cabe...@gmail.com" <m.cabe...@gmail.com > wrote:
> Hi , I'm brend new in this group, french, 24 years old.
> I was wondering in which station you planned to ski this winter? (In
> Alps i suppose)
> For your information, there has been big snow falls recently,
> especially in northern alps with more than 1m50 sometimes, it's a good
> season beginning

Tignes! From last week 'till next May!

14 Dec 2007 09:50:22
Colin Irvine
Re: Where do you plan to ski?

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 22:42:50 +0100, Ace <seesig@virgin.net > squeezed
out the following:

>Flaine's looking damn good too, with 160cm on
>top and 80cm at the village level.

Ah. Bugger. Could you post that again in exactly 3 months time please?
Thank you.

--
Colin Irvine

14 Dec 2007 10:56:05
Ace
Re: Where do you plan to ski?

On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 00:38:25 -0800 (PST), "m.cabezon@gmail.com"
<m.cabezon@gmail.com > wrote:

>Flaine is really cool for skiing ( even if it's not very nice
>looking :/).
>I'll probably be at "Les Carroz" (near Flaine) from 26 December to 30
>December :)

Look out for me - see the skiclub website for what I'll be wearing,
and feel free to say hello or even join our group for a day.

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)

Ace
Re: Where do you plan to ski?

On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 07:27:12 -0000, " cupra"
<NOcupra.sSPAM@gmail.com > wrote:

>Ace wrote:
>> On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 05:07:18 -0800 (PST), "m.cabezon@gmail.com"
>> <m.cabezon@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi , I'm brend new in this group, french, 24 years old.
>>> I was wondering in which station you planned to ski this winter? (In
>>> Alps i suppose)
>>
>> Three weekends already in Engelberg, now 3 weeks in Flaine starting
>> Saturday, an off-piste week with mates in Engelberg in January, a
>> week's holiday (leading) Feb half-term in Grindelwald, then a rep's
>> refresher course in Chamonix in April.
>>
>> The rest of the time isn't yet planned, but it might involve a little
>> skiing the odd weekend or three :-)
>
>I can confirm I now officially hate you! ;)

MWHID.

BTW I'm still looking for any more takers for the January trip...

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)

PG
Re: Where do you plan to ski?

<m.cabezon@gmail.com > a écrit dans le message de news:
3da83ebc-7c67-4c1e-acc7-454ebd922c65@d4g2000prg.googlegroups.com...
> Hi , I'm brend new in this group, french, 24 years old.
> I was wondering in which station you planned to ski this winter? (In
> Alps i suppose)
> For your information, there has been big snow falls recently,
> especially in northern alps with more than 1m50 sometimes, it's a good
> season beginning

Some of the resorts around Seoul, hopefully!

Pete
http://mysnowsports.com

14 Dec 2007 10:57:20
cupra
Re: Where do you plan to ski?

Ace wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 07:27:12 -0000, " cupra"
> <NOcupra.sSPAM@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Ace wrote:

>>> Three weekends already in Engelberg, now 3 weeks in Flaine starting
>>> Saturday, an off-piste week with mates in Engelberg in January, a
>>> week's holiday (leading) Feb half-term in Grindelwald, then a rep's
>>> refresher course in Chamonix in April.
>>>
>>> The rest of the time isn't yet planned, but it might involve a
>>> little skiing the odd weekend or three :-)
>>
>> I can confirm I now officially hate you! ;)
>
> MWHID.

lol

> BTW I'm still looking for any more takers for the January trip...

Sounds very tempting but I don't think my bank balance would take the extra
hammering!

14 Dec 2007 17:08:57
@elgy(nati-spam).org.uk
Re: Where do you plan to ski?

m.cabezon@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi , I'm brend new in this group, french, 24 years old.
> I was wondering in which station you planned to ski this winter? (In
> Alps i suppose)
> For your information, there has been big snow falls recently,
> especially in northern alps with more than 1m50 sometimes, it's a good
> season beginning

Christmas week - Les Arcs
New year week - Tignes
Easter week - Les Arcs

John

14 Dec 2007 17:10:33
@elgy(nati-spam).org.uk
Re: Where do you plan to ski?

PG wrote:

> <m.cabezon@gmail.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
> 3da83ebc-7c67-4c1e-acc7-454ebd922c65@d4g2000prg.googlegroups.com...
>
>>Hi , I'm brend new in this group, french, 24 years old.
>>I was wondering in which station you planned to ski this winter? (In
>>Alps i suppose)
>>For your information, there has been big snow falls recently,
>>especially in northern alps with more than 1m50 sometimes, it's a good
>>season beginning
>

> Some of the resorts around Seoul, hopefully!
>
> Pete
> http://mysnowsports.com

I wondered why we had not heard from you this year - nor seen your
useful webcam photos. I take it you are working in Korea.

John

14 Dec 2007 17:57:59
Mike
Re: Where do you plan to ski?

<m.cabezon@gmail.com > wrote in message
> I was wondering in which station you planned to ski this winter? (In
> Alps i suppose)

Sorry, but not in France; half term in Arlberg, Austria and Easter in
Zermatt; thinking about some ski touring in the spring, maybe Switzerland,
Mike

14 Dec 2007 18:03:59
Mike
Re: Where do you plan to ski?

"Mike" <mike@mike2000.connectfree.co.uk > wrote in message

> <m.cabezon@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> I was wondering in which station you planned to ski this winter? (In
>> Alps i suppose)
>
> Sorry, but not in France; half term in Arlberg, Austria and Easter in
> Zermatt; thinking about some ski touring in the spring, maybe Switzerland,
> Mike
Oh, nearly forgot, hopefully Scotland if the snow is anywhere near as good
as it appears to be in Alps, day tours in Cairngorms or Glen Coe, Mike

15 Dec 2007 01:09:47
m.cabezon@gmail.com
Re: Where do you plan to ski?

Why not France? Is it only a matter of snow/ station, or did you
encounter some issues during your last "french" holidays?

15 Dec 2007 17:09:07
Mike
Re: Where do you plan to ski?

<m.cabezon@gmail.com > wrote
> Why not France? Is it only a matter of snow/ station, or did you
> encounter some issues during your last "french" holidays?

No issues at all, entirely personal. For instance, I rate Val d'Isere very
highly, as good as any of the best ski areas in Switzerland or Austria we've
been to, and had lots of good skiing in lots of French resorts, but we think
accommodation isn't as good as Austrian or Swiss and at our age we
appreciate the larger rooms, solid hotels etc. But it is also because we
prefer to book direct with a hotel and find our own way there, and often
going for periods outside the Saturday - Saturday interval which seems the
norm in France. And too many Brits in French ski resorts, ,-). Hotel we stay
in at Stuben, Arlberg usually has no Brits and sometimes even French are
staying! Mike

16 Dec 2007 02:03:12
m.cabezon@gmail.com
Re: Where do you plan to ski?

On Dec 15, 6:09 pm, "Mike" <m...@mike2000.connectfree.co.uk > wrote:
> <m.cabe...@gmail.com> wrote> Why not France? Is it only a matter of snow/ station, or did you
> > encounter some issues during your last "french" holidays?
>
> No issues at all, entirely personal. For instance, I rate Val d'Isere very
> highly, as good as any of the best ski areas in Switzerland or Austria we've
> been to, and had lots of good skiing in lots of French resorts, but we think
> accommodation isn't as good as Austrian or Swiss and at our age we
> appreciate the larger rooms, solid hotels etc. But it is also because we
> prefer to book direct with a hotel and find our own way there, and often
> going for periods outside the Saturday - Saturday interval which seems the
> norm in France. And too many Brits in French ski resorts, ,-). Hotel we stay
> in at Stuben, Arlberg usually has no Brits and sometimes even French are
> staying! Mike

okok :)
I've never been to Austria, even if i would like to :/
I was supposed to ski in "Les carroz" between Christmas and new year,
and finally, i can't be borrowed the appartment, and i can't rent one
because the period covers 2 weeks.
Finally, i'll ski in february, when lifts and pists will be crowded :(

16 Dec 2007 10:50:26
Pip Luscher

<m.cabezon@gmail.com > wrote:

>Hi , I'm brend new in this group, french, 24 years old.
>I was wondering in which station you planned to ski this winter? (In
>Alps i suppose)
>For your information, there has been big snow falls recently,
>especially in northern alps with more than 1m50 sometimes, it's a good
>season beginning

I thought I'd try somewhere different for a change, so a week in
Verbier on 19th January, then TBD for a week mid March.

--
-Pip

17 Dec 2007 10:30:25
PG
Re: Where do you plan to ski?

"@elgy(nati-spam).org.uk" <""john"@elgy(nati-spam).org.uk" > a écrit dans le
message de news: fjude9$h9o$2@north.jnrs.ja.net...
> PG wrote:

> I wondered why we had not heard from you this year - nor seen your useful
> webcam photos. I take it you are working in Korea.

I shall be in SE Asia for much of the next year certainly - so am trying to
set up an automated cam from Arc 1600. Was up in Les Arcs yesterday though,
fantastic conditions at the moment, but -12°C at 8 down in Bourg SM. A bit
chilly after the Tropics!

Pete
http://mysnowsports.com

17 Dec 2007 10:20:16
MoonMan
Re: Where do you plan to ski?

Ace wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 05:07:18 -0800 (PST), "m.cabezon@gmail.com"
> <m.cabezon@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi , I'm brend new in this group, french, 24 years old.
>> I was wondering in which station you planned to ski this winter? (In
>> Alps i suppose)
>
> Three weekends already in Engelberg, now 3 weeks in Flaine starting
> Saturday, an off-piste week with mates in Engelberg in January, a
> week's holiday (leading) Feb half-term in Grindelwald, then a rep's
> refresher course in Chamonix in April.
>
> The rest of the time isn't yet planned, but it might involve a little
> skiing the odd weekend or three :-)

OK I can't compete with Ace (sounds like you're back to normal with that
schedule Ace) but,
Courchavel for a week after Christmas, Flaine for a couple of days at the
end of January then Courmayeur for the British Masters training week and
race. than nothing planned (but some leave available) until race camp at
Hintertux at the end of May.

--
Chris *<:-)

Rule 1 - Me first
Rule 2 - Downhill Good, Uphill BAD!
Rule 3 - Skis at the bottom, Head at the top!

www.suffolkvikings.org.uk

17 Dec 2007 15:35:17
Mike
Re: Where do you plan to ski?

<m.cabezon@gmail.com > wrote in message
> I was supposed to ski in "Les carroz" between Christmas and new year,
> and finally, i can't be borrowed the appartment, and i can't rent one
> because the period covers 2 weeks.
> Finally, i'll ski in february, when lifts and pists will be crowded :(

Bummer, but snow always best in February, eh?
My son is going to Les Carroz for a weekend in January, but he wont let me
come with him :-(
Cheers, Mike

18 Dec 2007 11:51:53
Devs
Re: Where do you plan to ski?

In message
<3da83ebc-7c67-4c1e-acc7-454ebd922c65@d4g2000prg.googlegroups.com >,
"m.cabezon@gmail.com" <m.cabezon@gmail.com > writes
>Hi , I'm brend new in this group, french, 24 years old.
>I was wondering in which station you planned to ski this winter? (In
>Alps i suppose)
>For your information, there has been big snow falls recently,
>especially in northern alps with more than 1m50 sometimes, it's a good
>season beginning

Saalbach for 2 weeks from Jan 12 and a week in Val d'Isere in April.
Probably from the 6th. Miight go to Lecht or Cairngorm (Scotland) if
there is good snow too seeing as I only live 40 miles away.
--
Devs
"Punchdown Pete the old Kroner"

18 Dec 2007 16:10:36
Ace
Re: Where do you plan to ski?

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 10:20:16 -0000, "MoonMan"
<chris.anderson@codeway.invalid.com > wrote:

>Ace wrote:

>> The rest of the time isn't yet planned, but it might involve a little
>> skiing the odd weekend or three :-)
>>

>OK I can't compete with Ace (sounds like you're back to normal with that
>schedule Ace)

Except I got carried away yesterday and twisted my neck in a stupid
head-plant. Will take a few days to recover properly, although I'm
still (just) able to ski. What a pratt eh?

>but,
>Courchavel for a week after Christmas, Flaine for a couple of days at the
>end of January then Courmayeur for the British Masters training week and
>race. than nothing planned (but some leave available) until race camp at
>Hintertux at the end of May.

Sounds pretty good anyway.

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)

BrritSki
Re: Where do you plan to ski?

Ace wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 10:20:16 -0000, "MoonMan"
> <chris.anderson@codeway.invalid.com> wrote:
>
>> Ace wrote:
>
>>> The rest of the time isn't yet planned, but it might involve a little
>>> skiing the odd weekend or three :-)
>>>
>> OK I can't compete with Ace (sounds like you're back to normal with that
>> schedule Ace)
>
> Except I got carried away yesterday and twisted my neck in a stupid
> head-plant. Will take a few days to recover properly, although I'm
> still (just) able to ski. What a pratt eh?

Hey, he said you were back to normal ! :)

18 Dec 2007 14:21:24
Eugene Miya
Re: Where do you plan to ski?

>> On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 05:07:18 -0800 (PST), "m.cabezon@gmail.com"
>> <m.cabezon@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi , I'm brand new in this group, french, 24 years old.
>>> I was wondering in which station you planned to ski this winter? (In
>>> Alps i suppose)

I had to swing by the Swiss Consulate in SF Friday. They want to know
that, too, so I can meet with their bosses in Bern again and tell them
what a good job their representatives in the States are doing.

I told them that I was planning 2008 for being a Norway/Iceland year (I
would not mind skiing in Greenland but that's been pending years),
and that I won't plan to get to the Alps until some time in 2009 where I
wanted to spend a week finally in St. Mortiz (Pontresina specifically),
and maybe break down and do the touristy thing in Murren a couple nights
before Kleine Scheidigg (I've had enough time in Grindelwald). But I
also want to explore the upper Glarus at Braunwald. And a bit more of
Austria. And soak in Leukerbaud after skiing.

This weekend I'm just going to settle for my place near Tahoe.

Ace
Re: Where do you plan to ski?

On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 15:15:19 +0000, BrritSki <away@nowhere.com > wrote:

>Ace wrote:
>> On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 10:20:16 -0000, "MoonMan"
>> <chris.anderson@codeway.invalid.com> wrote:

>>> (sounds like you're back to normal with that
>>> schedule Ace)
>>
>> Except I got carried away yesterday and twisted my neck in a stupid
>> head-plant. Will take a few days to recover properly, although I'm
>> still (just) able to ski. What a pratt eh?
>>
>Hey, he said you were back to normal ! :)

Good point, well made. Getting better, and spent most of today
off-piste hunting out the untracked stuff. Still hurts like hell, but
sunshine and powder always makes you feel better, eh?

--

Ace wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 15:15:19 +0000, BrritSki <away@nowhere.com> wrote:
>
>> Ace wrote:

>>> Except I got carried away yesterday and twisted my neck in a stupid
>>> head-plant. Will take a few days to recover properly, although I'm
>>> still (just) able to ski. What a pratt eh?
>>>
>> Hey, he said you were back to normal ! :)
>
> Good point, well made. Getting better, and spent most of today
> off-piste hunting out the untracked stuff. Still hurts like hell, but
> sunshine and powder always makes you feel better, eh?

It's so long, I forget :(