26 Dec 2007 08:15:43
Lars
Verbier

Hi, I heard some good stories about Verbier lately.
Can someone update me with the following questions?

1) how far is it from Geneva Airport?
2) Is it possible to get to Verbier with public transport from Geneva
Airport?
3) I heard some good stories about the apres/after ski. Is that right?
Is it Austrian style? Busy as from 16 o' clock in the afternoon?
(Ischgl, St Anton, Saalbach style)?

27 Dec 2007 10:41:47
D.
Re: Verbier

honestly , i found it to be THE most
crowded ski area i have ever been to
and that was mid-week .
it is a very busy place . i didn't stay
overnight but i'm sure there is a lot
happening after dark .
best regards ,
dick

30 Dec 2007 19:46:52
Martin
Re: Verbier

I haven't skied there for a couple of years now but :
1. Thought the lift system woeful and always dropped you off short
of the next brow to the extent that we christened our holiday the
Verbier uphill tour
2. Really quite close to Geneva ... 90mins ?
3. Apres ski trendy and expensive ... lacking in the Alpine charm
of Austria
4. Huge lift queues and poor mountain food

5. Good skiing but I'll not go back until the above is fixed

regards
Martin

just my personal views from as I found it .... thousands will disagree no
doubt ;-)

--
Remove allspam for effective email
"Lars" <Lars@geen.ch > wrote in message
> Hi, I heard some good stories about Verbier lately.
> Can someone update me with the following questions?
>
> 1) how far is it from Geneva Airport?
> 2) Is it possible to get to Verbier with public transport from Geneva
> Airport?
> 3) I heard some good stories about the apres/after ski. Is that right? Is
> it Austrian style? Busy as from 16 o' clock in the afternoon? (Ischgl, St
> Anton, Saalbach style)?

31 Dec 2007 05:58:35
Matt T
Re: Verbier

On Dec 30, 7:46=A0pm, "Martin" <mjn.alls...@allspam.onetel.com > wrote:
> I haven't skied there for a couple of years now but :
> 1. Thought the lift system woeful and always dropped you off short
> =A0 =A0 of =A0the next brow to the extent that we christened our holiday t=
he
> =A0 =A0 Verbier uphill tour
> 2. Really quite close to Geneva ... 90mins ?
> 3. Apres ski trendy and expensive ... lacking in the Alpine charm
> =A0 =A0 of Austria
> 4. Huge lift queues and poor mountain food
>
> 5. Good skiing but I'll not go back until the above is fixed
>
> regards
> Martin
>
> just my personal views from as I found it .... thousands will disagree no
> doubt ;-)

I haven't been in maybe 5 years now, but the above is a pretty
reasonable assessment - I wasn't a huge powder hound when I went but I
found the skiing to be a bit limited and the piste map somewhat
confusing with pretty rubbish lifts. I enjoyed the apres - some of the
bars in the centre of town kick off about 4ish with live music and
good cocktails, but yeah, it's not cheap. Some of the nightclubs are
populated by private bankers drinking vintage champange and premium
vodka, whilst some are populated by p1ssed-up Brits drinking cheap
lager. It's that kind of place.

Cheers,

Matt