21 Feb 2006 21:53:37
Michael Chare
Salomon ski boots with holes in the sides.

Many of the Salomon ski boots have holes in the sides to improve flexibility.

I have resisted buying these because I would expect snow to get in the holes. Am
I right to do this?

So far as I could see none of the Olympic skiers were using these boots.

--

Michael Chare

21 Feb 2006 23:38:56
Simon Watkins

"Michael Chare" <MunderscoreNEWS@chareDOTorg.uk > wrote in message
> Many of the Salomon ski boots have holes in the sides to improve
> flexibility.
>
> I have resisted buying these because I would expect snow to get in the
> holes. Am
> I right to do this?

No. The holes don't go right the way through the shell.

> So far as I could see none of the Olympic skiers were using these boots.

Didn't notice. They don't use off the shelf skis either, so not sure it
matters. I have a pair of XWave 11 Fast boots this year and have been
exceptionally pleased with fit, and performance.

Simon

21 Feb 2006 17:29:48
Re: Salomon ski boots with holes in the sides.

The holes on the side greatly improve the skiers ability to flex their
uphill boot allowing them to apply greater edge pressure on the up-hill
skis. The world cup racers tested this feature on the boots for the
past few seasons. Before it was released to the public they skied with
that section of the boot covered in Duct tape.
Salomon boots tend to fit a wide variety of feet so I am not surprised
that you're pleased with the fit.
Ryan

www.GlacierShop.com - Number One online ski shop in Canada
www.ShowcaseSnowboards.com - #1 Snowboard shop in Whistler