16 Dec 2007 19:39:15
Katie
La Rosiere Meeting Point

Does anyone know if there is an kind of organised meeting place for lon
or skiers unfamilair with the mountain at La Rosiere? I am going to b
there for three weeks, but my partner is injured and I will be skiin
alone and wouldn't mind a bit of company on the mountain occasionally

--
Katie

17 Dec 2007 03:09:38
Excess
Re: La Rosiere Meeting Point

On Dec 16, 7:39 pm, Katie <Katie.1ab6...@skibanter.com > wrote:
> Does anyone know if there is an kind of organised meeting place for lone
> or skiers unfamilair with the mountain at La Rosiere? I am going to be
> there for three weeks, but my partner is injured and I will be skiing
> alone and wouldn't mind a bit of company on the mountain occasionally.
>
> --
> Katie

Have not heard of such thing but you may want to check the Ski Club of
GB to see if they do anything there or alternatively ski lessons. Ski
lessons are cheap and you get to improve your skiing in the process
too. http://www.esflarosiere.com/GB/index_gb.htm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
XS
Peak Retreats http://www.peakretreats.co.uk
Ski Collection http://www.skicollection.co.uk

18 Dec 2007 16:17:56
Ace
Re: La Rosiere Meeting Point

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 03:09:38 -0800 (PST), Excess <xs@peakretreats.eu >
wrote:

>On Dec 16, 7:39 pm, Katie <Katie.1ab6...@skibanter.com> wrote:
>> Does anyone know if there is an kind of organised meeting place for lone
>> or skiers unfamilair with the mountain at La Rosiere? I am going to be
>> there for three weeks, but my partner is injured and I will be skiing
>> alone and wouldn't mind a bit of company on the mountain occasionally.

I'me not aware of anyweher in France that does this sort of thing,
though I know it's quite common in Canada and the US.

>Have not heard of such thing but you may want to check the Ski Club of
>GB to see if they do anything there

No, we don't have a rep there. Val, Tigned, Les Arcs are all just a
short drive away though.

>or alternatively ski lessons. Ski
>lessons are cheap and you get to improve your skiing in the process
>too. http://www.esflarosiere.com/GB/index_gb.htm

I can't think of a better idea, but it may be worth asking around the
brit tour reps to see if they've got any loners who might like a bit
of company. Often happens like that.

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)