24 Feb 2006 09:23:50
Sidheag McCormack
Anyone going to Flaine soon?

I wonder if there's anyone going to Flaine in the next few weeks (with a
digital camera or cameraphone) who would be able to do me a favour?

What I would like is for someone to email me (my first name at gmail dot
com) a photo of the orange elevator that connects Flaine Forum with Flaine
Foret, the one running up the hill from behind the building with the
tourist information office and shops in it up to in front of the P&V
apartments.

The reason is that we were in Flaine a couple of weeks ago, and my
two-year-old was very taken with this "orange lift train" - at first he was
afraid of it, though fascinated, and then at the end of the week he plucked
up courage to go in it and decided he loved it. Two weeks later he's still
talking about it, far more than about the snow or anything else about the
holiday! Unfortunately, it turns out that we don't have it in any of our
photos. It would be lovely to have a photo of it, if someone could take one
without needing to go to too much trouble. (My husband did google for a
photo; found an archived thumbnail where one had been, but it had been
taken down; emailed the apparent address of the owner, but no response.)

I'd be really grateful, and you'd get a lovely warm feeling of having made
a toddler happy... please?

Sidheag
DS Colin Oct 27 2003

26 Feb 2006 00:27:27
Alex Clarke
Re: Anyone going to Flaine soon?

Sidheag McCormack wrote:
> I wonder if there's anyone going to Flaine in the next few weeks (with a
> digital camera or cameraphone) who would be able to do me a favour?
>
> What I would like is for someone to email me (my first name at gmail dot
> com) a photo of the orange elevator that connects Flaine Forum with Flaine
> Foret, the one running up the hill from behind the building with the
> tourist information office and shops in it up to in front of the P&V
> apartments.
>
> The reason is that we were in Flaine a couple of weeks ago, and my
> two-year-old was very taken with this "orange lift train" - at first he was
> afraid of it, though fascinated, and then at the end of the week he plucked
> up courage to go in it and decided he loved it. Two weeks later he's still
> talking about it, far more than about the snow or anything else about the
> holiday! Unfortunately, it turns out that we don't have it in any of our
> photos. It would be lovely to have a photo of it, if someone could take one
> without needing to go to too much trouble. (My husband did google for a
> photo; found an archived thumbnail where one had been, but it had been
> taken down; emailed the apparent address of the owner, but no response.)
>
> I'd be really grateful, and you'd get a lovely warm feeling of having made
> a toddler happy... please?
>
> Sidheag
> DS Colin Oct 27 2003

Try using the following link and going to image 4. Then save as etc.
Seemed to work for me. I think it's th lift you were talking about HTH

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.megeveski.com/archives/Images/FlaineIsUgly-4.png&imgrefurl=http://www.megeveski.com/archives/000179.html&h=600&w=800&sz=816&tbnid=bEATUyOhyyyUnM:&tbnh=106&tbnw=142&hl=en&start=14&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dflaine%2Blifts%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official_s%26sa%3DN

26 Feb 2006 00:31:57

Alex Clarke wrote:
> Sidheag McCormack wrote:
>
>> I wonder if there's anyone going to Flaine in the next few weeks (with a
>> digital camera or cameraphone) who would be able to do me a favour?
>>
>> What I would like is for someone to email me (my first name at gmail dot
>> com) a photo of the orange elevator that connects Flaine Forum with
>> Flaine
>> Foret, the one running up the hill from behind the building with the
>> tourist information office and shops in it up to in front of the P&V
>> apartments.
>>
>> The reason is that we were in Flaine a couple of weeks ago, and my
>> two-year-old was very taken with this "orange lift train" - at first
>> he was
>> afraid of it, though fascinated, and then at the end of the week he
>> plucked
>> up courage to go in it and decided he loved it. Two weeks later he's
>> still
>> talking about it, far more than about the snow or anything else about the
>> holiday! Unfortunately, it turns out that we don't have it in any of our
>> photos. It would be lovely to have a photo of it, if someone could
>> take one
>> without needing to go to too much trouble. (My husband did google for a
>> photo; found an archived thumbnail where one had been, but it had been
>> taken down; emailed the apparent address of the owner, but no response.)
>>
>> I'd be really grateful, and you'd get a lovely warm feeling of having
>> made
>> a toddler happy... please?
>>
>> Sidheag
>> DS Colin Oct 27 2003
>>
> Try using the following link and going to image 4. Then save as etc.
> Seemed to work for me. I think it's th lift you were talking about HTH
>
> http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.megeveski.com/archives/Images/FlaineIsUgly-4.png&imgrefurl=http://www.megeveski.com/archives/000179.html&h=600&w=800&sz=816&tbnid=bEATUyOhyyyUnM:&tbnh=106&tbnw=142&hl=en&start=14&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dflaine%2Blifts%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official_s%26sa%3DN

What I meant to say was when you get to the picture right click on it
then "save image as"

27 Feb 2006 22:22:21
Sidheag McCormack

Alex Clarke writes:

> Try using the following link and going to image 4. Then save as etc.
> Seemed to work for me. I think it's th lift you were talking about HTH

Thank you, but actually that's the wrong one - there are two! Still, thanks
to two other lovely people, I now have several photos of the one we saw
most, and Colin was very happy to see them. So thank you all again!

Sidheag
DS Colin Oct 27 2003