18 May 2004 04:37:45
gr
ski magazine????

Did XC ski magazine go under? Or Pop Phot?
I suddenly got 2 issues of ski magazine, with a Feb 06 renewal date,
but haven't subscribed to it. I know someone else that had a travel mag
canceled and SKI was the closest thing they had to finish out the sub,
so maybe this is what happened?
gr


18 May 2004 17:17:01
Diva
Re: ski magazine????

I wish I knew. I ordered a subscription 2 months ago and still haven't
gotten anything but a back copy I also requested.

June

"gr" <greif1nospam@rochester.rr.com > wrote in message
news:tqgqc.213010$M3.210789@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
> Did XC ski magazine go under? Or Pop Phot?
> I suddenly got 2 issues of ski magazine, with a Feb 06 renewal date,
> but haven't subscribed to it. I know someone else that had a travel mag
> canceled and SKI was the closest thing they had to finish out the sub,
> so maybe this is what happened?
> gr




19 May 2004 02:52:34
Gene Goldenfeld
Re: ski magazine????

Why not write them and ask: http://www.crosscountryskier.com/

gr wrote:
>
> Did XC ski magazine go under? Or Pop Phot?
> I suddenly got 2 issues of ski magazine, with a Feb 06 renewal date,
> but haven't subscribed to it. I know someone else that had a travel mag
> canceled and SKI was the closest thing they had to finish out the sub,
> so maybe this is what happened?
> gr


19 May 2004 03:34:47
gr
Re: ski magazine????

Diva wrote:

> I wish I knew. I ordered a subscription 2 months ago and still haven't
> gotten anything but a back copy I also requested.
>
> June
>
> "gr" <greif1nospam@rochester.rr.com> wrote in message
> news:tqgqc.213010$M3.210789@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
>
>>Did XC ski magazine go under? Or Pop Phot?
>>I suddenly got 2 issues of ski magazine, with a Feb 06 renewal date,
>>but haven't subscribed to it. I know someone else that had a travel mag
>>canceled and SKI was the closest thing they had to finish out the sub,
>>so maybe this is what happened?
>>gr
>
>
>
when I first subscribed, it took at least 4 months before I got my first
copy, so they are kkind of slow.
gr


19 May 2004 04:27:25
Jay Tegeder
Re: ski magazine????

gr <greif1nospam@rochester.rr.com > wrote in message news:<tqgqc.213010$M3.210789@twister.nyroc.rr.com>...
> Did XC ski magazine go under?

It wouldn't surprise me if it did go under. Ski Trax has the limited
cross country skiing audience sewn up. The problem for Cross Country
Skier is past abuse by other editors/owners that turned their
subscription base towards Ski Trax. Ron Bergin, the new editor/owner
has addressed those problems and made the magazine a lot better. It
is/was still a work in progress. He couldn't/can't do more until the
subscription base increases. It's not good if we lose another cross
country skiing publication. That leaves Ski Trax and the Master Skier.
If Torbjorn Karlsen monitors this newsgroup, I wouldn't be surprised
if he starts something. He would probably focus more on racing and
training. I'd rather have something on the order of Velo News with
lots of race coverage, World Cup and domestic. I'm not sure if others
would want that though.

Jay Tegeder
"Stick around this sport long enough and you'll beat everyone at least
once!" JT


19 May 2004 08:30:40
John Forrest Tomlinson
Re: ski magazine????

On 19 May 2004 04:27:25 -0700, jay_tegeder@yahoo.com (Jay Tegeder)
wrote:

> I'd rather have something on the order of Velo News with
>lots of race coverage, World Cup and domestic. I'm not sure if others
>would want that though.

Probably only 10% of there coverage is nordic (maybe even less) but
there is occasionally very good stuff in Ski Racing magazine, which is
put out by the same people that produce VeloNews.

JFT


19 May 2004 22:56:40
Diva
Re: ski magazine????

Thanks gr for the information. I appreciate it.

June

"gr" <greif1nospam@rochester.rr.com > wrote in message
news:rBAqc.217993$M3.183550@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
> Diva wrote:
>
> > I wish I knew. I ordered a subscription 2 months ago and still haven't
> > gotten anything but a back copy I also requested.
> >
> > June
> >
> > "gr" <greif1nospam@rochester.rr.com> wrote in message
> > news:tqgqc.213010$M3.210789@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
> >
> >>Did XC ski magazine go under? Or Pop Phot?
> >>I suddenly got 2 issues of ski magazine, with a Feb 06 renewal date,
> >>but haven't subscribed to it. I know someone else that had a travel mag
> >>canceled and SKI was the closest thing they had to finish out the sub,
> >>so maybe this is what happened?
> >>gr
> >
> >
> >
> when I first subscribed, it took at least 4 months before I got my first
> copy, so they are kkind of slow.
> gr




21 May 2004 15:00:21
Jay Tegeder
Re: ski magazine????

I just got an email from Ron Bergin, owner/publisher of Cross Country
Skier. He assured me that the magazine is still in business and that
the next issue will come out in November. He wasn't sure how the rumor
started that the magazine had gone under. Please continue to support
Cross Country Skier as we need all of the magazines on nordic skiing
that we can get.

Jay Tegeder
"Keep training, lycra never lies!" JT


jay_tegeder@yahoo.com (Jay Tegeder) wrote in message news:<38e829d8.0405190327.12160887@posting.google.com >...
> gr <greif1nospam@rochester.rr.com> wrote in message news:<tqgqc.213010$M3.210789@twister.nyroc.rr.com>...
> > Did XC ski magazine go under?
>
> It wouldn't surprise me if it did go under. Ski Trax has the limited
> cross country skiing audience sewn up. The problem for Cross Country
> Skier is past abuse by other editors/owners that turned their
> subscription base towards Ski Trax. Ron Bergin, the new editor/owner
> has addressed those problems and made the magazine a lot better. It
> is/was still a work in progress. He couldn't/can't do more until the
> subscription base increases. It's not good if we lose another cross
> country skiing publication. That leaves Ski Trax and the Master Skier.
> If Torbjorn Karlsen monitors this newsgroup, I wouldn't be surprised
> if he starts something. He would probably focus more on racing and
> training. I'd rather have something on the order of Velo News with
> lots of race coverage, World Cup and domestic. I'm not sure if others
> would want that though.
>
> Jay Tegeder
> "Stick around this sport long enough and you'll beat everyone at least
> once!" JT


21 May 2004 18:22:15
Diva
Re: ski magazine????

Thanks, Jay for the information. I will.

June

"Jay Tegeder" <jay_tegeder@yahoo.com > wrote in message
news:38e829d8.0405211400.2631b1ba@posting.google.com...
> I just got an email from Ron Bergin, owner/publisher of Cross Country
> Skier. He assured me that the magazine is still in business and that
> the next issue will come out in November. He wasn't sure how the rumor
> started that the magazine had gone under. Please continue to support
> Cross Country Skier as we need all of the magazines on nordic skiing
> that we can get.
>
> Jay Tegeder
> "Keep training, lycra never lies!" JT
>
>
> jay_tegeder@yahoo.com (Jay Tegeder) wrote in message
news:<38e829d8.0405190327.12160887@posting.google.com >...
> > gr <greif1nospam@rochester.rr.com> wrote in message
news:<tqgqc.213010$M3.210789@twister.nyroc.rr.com >...
> > > Did XC ski magazine go under?
> >
> > It wouldn't surprise me if it did go under. Ski Trax has the limited
> > cross country skiing audience sewn up. The problem for Cross Country
> > Skier is past abuse by other editors/owners that turned their
> > subscription base towards Ski Trax. Ron Bergin, the new editor/owner
> > has addressed those problems and made the magazine a lot better. It
> > is/was still a work in progress. He couldn't/can't do more until the
> > subscription base increases. It's not good if we lose another cross
> > country skiing publication. That leaves Ski Trax and the Master Skier.
> > If Torbjorn Karlsen monitors this newsgroup, I wouldn't be surprised
> > if he starts something. He would probably focus more on racing and
> > training. I'd rather have something on the order of Velo News with
> > lots of race coverage, World Cup and domestic. I'm not sure if others
> > would want that though.
> >
> > Jay Tegeder
> > "Stick around this sport long enough and you'll beat everyone at least
> > once!" JT