25 Oct 2003 16:56:46
revyakin
google sometimes drives me nuts

Off topic, but... it really drives me nuts when I spend ~5 min typing
something in the google form, press the submit button, and see a 500
error message. I learned copying my messages into the buffer b4
submitting, but still... Arrgggh.

26 Oct 2003 01:39:17
John Forrest Tomlinson
Re: google sometimes drives me nuts

On 25 Oct 2003 16:56:46 -0700, revyakin@yahoo.com (revyakin) wrote:

>Off topic, but... it really drives me nuts when I spend ~5 min typing
>something in the google form, press the submit button, and see a 500
>error message. I learned copying my messages into the buffer b4
>submitting, but still... Arrgggh.

It seems like that's happening a lot in the last couple of weeks wiht
the groups at Google.

JT

NB: reply-to address is munged

Visit http://www.jt10000.com

Carl Fogel

2001@jt10000removethesewords.com (John Forrest Tomlinson) wrote in message news:<3f9b27d7.259142561@news.verizon.net >...
> On 25 Oct 2003 16:56:46 -0700, revyakin@yahoo.com (revyakin) wrote:
>
> >Off topic, but... it really drives me nuts when I spend ~5 min typing
> >something in the google form, press the submit button, and see a 500
> >error message. I learned copying my messages into the buffer b4
> >submitting, but still... Arrgggh.
>
> It seems like that's happening a lot in the last couple of weeks wiht
> the groups at Google.
>
> JT

> NB: reply-to address is munged
>
> Visit http://www.jt10000.com

Dear John,

It's a relief to read that other posters have been
suffering the same problem. It may be coincidental,
but I often had surprising success with half a dozen
stop-refresh cycles without waiting for the internal
server error message. Whatever was wrong seemed to
vanish last Sunday night.

Nice to bump into you while looking for "500 error"
posts. See you around rec.bicycles.tech. Time to
copy to the buffer and press send . . .

Carl Fogel

31 Oct 2003 16:50:19
Bob Larson
Re: google sometimes drives me nuts

Speaking of google groups.... I noticed that google adds commercial
links to the top of some postings. Seems to only happen if the
thread is only one posting long. But this has an amusing affect
sometimes. There was a posting recently about steroids in
rec.skiing.nordic, and google added a few ads to the top for
places like "the steroid super store", etc. It sort of adds
a whole new dimesion to the n.g. experience. You can order
up your steroids while you read about the latest scandal.

-Bob