25 Dec 2005 19:56:22
Mark Eastman
good snow in Quebec City ( I think)

It seems, looking over the weather forecasts and the reports coming in from
Quebec...that it will be an all snow event for the Quebec area..and
north....but rain as close by as Magog and the Eastern Townships. I wonder
if any Quebecois ( I hope I got that correct) can validate this.

If the reports hold true...I might head to the area about a week from
Monday. However, coming from the SF Bay area.....the cheapest flights by
far seem to be from Oakland to Manchester N.H. I know that will make for
a long rented car trip. Can anyone suggest I good first night's
destination...say a 2 1/2 to 3 hour drive from Manchester N.H. that would
give me a morning ski the next day before getting to Quebec City.

Mark

25 Dec 2005 20:38:20
BarryT
Re: good snow in Quebec City ( I think)

"Mark Eastman" <psychprof32@sbcglobal.net > wrote in message
> It seems, looking over the weather forecasts and the reports coming in
> from Quebec...that it will be an all snow event for the Quebec area..and
> north....but rain as close by as Magog and the Eastern Townships. I
> wonder if any Quebecois ( I hope I got that correct) can validate this.
It is snowing right now in Quebec city and area, raining in Montreal and the
Townships... In Montreal, the rain is cold and does not seem to hurt the 16
to 20 inches of snow cover we have right now.

BarryT

26 Dec 2005 02:05:23
Mark Eastman
Re: good snow in Quebec City ( I think)

Thanks for the feedback on Quebec. I think that the forecast call for a
turnover to snow tonight or tomorrow.....in areas that are getting rain now.

Mark
"BarryT" <barry.no.spam.4589@yahoo.com > wrote in message

> "Mark Eastman" <psychprof32@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>> It seems, looking over the weather forecasts and the reports coming in
>> from Quebec...that it will be an all snow event for the Quebec area..and
>> north....but rain as close by as Magog and the Eastern Townships. I
>> wonder if any Quebecois ( I hope I got that correct) can validate this.
> It is snowing right now in Quebec city and area, raining in Montreal and
> the Townships... In Montreal, the rain is cold and does not seem to hurt
> the 16 to 20 inches of snow cover we have right now.
>
> BarryT

26 Dec 2005 11:25:08
andré leduc

"Mark Eastman" <psychprof32@sbcglobal.net > a écrit dans le message de news:
GPCrf.895$UF3.270@newssvr25.news.prodigy.net...
> It seems, looking over the weather forecasts and the reports coming in
> from Quebec...that it will be an all snow event for the Quebec area..and
> north....but rain as close by as Magog and the Eastern Townships. I
> wonder if any Quebecois ( I hope I got that correct) can validate this.
>
> If the reports hold true...I might head to the area about a week from
> Monday. However, coming from the SF Bay area.....the cheapest flights by
> far seem to be from Oakland to Manchester N.H. I know that will make
> for a long rented car trip. Can anyone suggest I good first night's
> destination...say a 2 1/2 to 3 hour drive from Manchester N.H. that would
> give me a morning ski the next day before getting to Quebec City.
>

> Mark you can go to Craftsbury Vt, they have gotten snow and waiting for
> more. Orford in Quebec is also a good bet, and about a 4h drive from
> Manchester NH.
I have skied in Forêt Montmorency 2 weeks ago, perfect conditions and since
that they got 2 more feet. Forêt Montmorency is 70k north of Quebec City,10k
past Camp Mercier.

Have a good stay in Québec, and you're right to call us "québecois".

andré leduc
saint-lambert >

26 Dec 2005 12:04:03
Lew Lasher
Re: good snow in Quebec City ( I think)

> Can anyone suggest I good first night's
> destination...say a 2 1/2 to 3 hour drive from Manchester N.H. that would
> give me a morning ski the next day before getting to Quebec City.

The place that seems to fit this pretty well is Mont-Orford. It's on
the way from Manchester to Québec (I-93 north to I-91 north to autoroute
55 nord). Big, well-maintained trail system.

Lew Lasher
Stowe, Vermont and Cambridge, Massachusetts