27 Jun 2007 04:15:19
mountainwalker
What are your favorite classic roller skis and why?

V2 930 and 930K (K is just longer for taller skiers) were
recommended. Any other suggestions?

26 Jun 2007 20:56:28
Alaskan Skier
Re: What are your favorite classic roller skis and why?

The Marwe's for both classic and skate. The shaft absorbs alot of the road
vibrations, and the speed is a nice representative of snow, and the large
wheel diameter on the skate's make it nice when running over rocks or cracks
in the road.

Mark Strabel

"mountainwalker" <mountainwalker@gmail.com > wrote in message
> V2 930 and 930K (K is just longer for taller skiers) were
> recommended. Any other suggestions?

04 Jul 2007 04:14:52

On Jun 27, 6:15 am, mountainwalker <mountainwal...@gmail.com > wrote:
> V2 930 and 930K (K is just longer for taller skiers) were
> recommended. Any other suggestions?

All models you need is here: http://www.sportimport-as.no/swenor/index.html

-Because the quality of wheel rubber and bearings are the best.
-Shock absorbing is good like anyone else if you pick one pair with
wooden/CAP construction.

04 Jul 2007 13:47:17
Re: What are your favorite classic roller skis and why?

The Swenors are reportedly very good and available from Reliable Racing
in the US. If you're tall, then longer is better and the Swenors may be
too short. The two longest are the Jenex 900 series K models and the
Mawre combi with wire wheel attachment (longest) and 40mm wheels. I
have both and use the latter almost exclusively. If speed reduction is
a necessary issue (rather than a mental adjustment), then the Jenex are
a good choice.

vagle@hsr.no wrote:

>On Jun 27, 6:15 am, mountainwalker <mountainwal...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> V2 930 and 930K (K is just longer for taller skiers) were
>> recommended. Any other suggestions?
>

>All models you need is here:
>http://www.sportimport-as.no/swenor/index.html
>
>-Because the quality of wheel rubber and bearings are the best.
>-Shock absorbing is good like anyone else if you pick one pair with
>wooden/CAP construction.

06 Jul 2007 00:20:59
Re: What are your favorite classic roller skis and why?

+1 on Marwe's.

Particularly for anybody who has had ankle or foot problems in the
past, the dampening of the plastic shaft makes a huge difference in
the amount of road noise your ankles have to absorb compared to a
metal shaft. I have used V2 (920 and 940Cs), Elpex (the orange ones),
Pro-skis (C2), ski-skett (nord-classic), and Marwes. Of the metal-
shafted skis that I've tried, I liked the ski-skett nords the best in
terms of smoothness over rough pavement, but you need to have
excellent balance to use them effectively due to their narrower
wheels. I find the Marwe's to be most realistic to snow speed and
snow-ski stability. I have used both Marwe classic rollerskis and
Marwe combi's, which are a shorter (thus lighter) version of the
classic skis with a metal "extension" thing on the front. These are
my current classic skis and I think they are fantastic, particularly
for speed or interval work where you want your skis to be light and
pretty responsive.

Alex
On Jul 4, 2:47 pm, r...@invalid.net wrote:
> The Swenors are reportedly very good and available from Reliable Racing
> in the US. If you're tall, then longer is better and the Swenors may be
> too short. The two longest are the Jenex 900 series K models and the
> Mawre combi with wire wheel attachment (longest) and 40mm wheels. I
> have both and use the latter almost exclusively. If speed reduction is
> a necessary issue (rather than a mental adjustment), then the Jenex are
> a good choice.
>
> v...@hsr.no wrote:
> >On Jun 27, 6:15 am, mountainwalker <mountainwal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> V2 930 and 930K (K is just longer for taller skiers) were
> >> recommended. Any other suggestions?
>
> >All models you need is here:
> >http://www.sportimport-as.no/swenor/index.html
>
> >-Because the quality of wheel rubber and bearings are the best.
> >-Shock absorbing is good like anyone else if you pick one pair with
> >wooden/CAP construction.

05 Jul 2007 22:22:49
Re: What are your favorite classic roller skis and why?

If the Ski Sketts require better balance, perhaps it's in the shape
because they are the same width as the Marwe. At
http://www.nordicskater.com/rolski.htmlit looks like Ski Skett has
developed something like a knock off of the early Jenex NordXC.

rm

acjospe@gmail.com wrote:

>+1 on Marwe's.
>
>Particularly for anybody who has had ankle or foot problems in the
>past, the dampening of the plastic shaft makes a huge difference in
>the amount of road noise your ankles have to absorb compared to a
>metal shaft. I have used V2 (920 and 940Cs), Elpex (the orange ones),
>Pro-skis (C2), ski-skett (nord-classic), and Marwes. Of the metal-
>shafted skis that I've tried, I liked the ski-skett nords the best in
>terms of smoothness over rough pavement, but you need to have
>excellent balance to use them effectively due to their narrower
>wheels. I find the Marwe's to be most realistic to snow speed and
>snow-ski stability. I have used both Marwe classic rollerskis and
>Marwe combi's, which are a shorter (thus lighter) version of the
>classic skis with a metal "extension" thing on the front. These are
>my current classic skis and I think they are fantastic, particularly
>for speed or interval work where you want your skis to be light and
>pretty responsive.
>
>Alex
>On Jul 4, 2:47 pm, r...@invalid.net wrote:
>> The Swenors are reportedly very good and available from Reliable
>> Racing in the US. If you're tall, then longer is better and the
>> Swenors may be too short. The two longest are the Jenex 900 series K
>> models and the Mawre combi with wire wheel attachment (longest) and
>> 40mm wheels. I have both and use the latter almost exclusively. If
>> speed reduction is a necessary issue (rather than a mental
>> adjustment), then the Jenex are a good choice.
>>
>> v...@hsr.no wrote:
>>
>> >All models you need is here:
>> >http://www.sportimport-as.no/swenor/index.html
>>
>> >-Because the quality of wheel rubber and bearings are the best.
>> >-Shock absorbing is good like anyone else if you pick one pair with
>> >wooden/CAP construction.

06 Jul 2007 10:42:45

On Jul 4, 8:47 pm, r...@invalid.net wrote:
> If you're tall, then longer is better and the Swenors may be
> too short.

I am 6foot6 tall, use shoe size 13 and have never had problem with
size of swenor models.
even the cheapest classic and skate

> >All models you need is here:
> >http://www.sportimport-as.no/swenor/index.html
>
> >-Because the quality of wheel rubber and bearings are the best.
> >-Shock absorbing is good like anyone else if you pick one pair with
> >wooden/CAP construction.

08 Jul 2007 15:17:44
Hugh P
Re: What are your favorite classic roller skis and why?

I love my Skett Nords. They run straight and predictably, handle well
enough on descents, and are light. I got them from nordicskater.com
and asked for the slowest possible. I mostly ski on good surfaces now
so I cannot comment on their damping properties.
I used to use Marwe Classic, again with the slowest wheel options.
They too handle well, but I found them too fast, so that my classic
sessions turned out to be mostly double-poling - which is fine, but
one can do that on skate rollers.
Hugh