27 Mar 2007 09:59:43
Marcuski
Seeking V2 Aero 105 SRX rollerski feedback

I'm seeking user feedback on the V2 Aero 105 SRX skate rollerski. The
105 wheel is supposed to have greater longevity than the previous 100
wheel. Is that the case? What kind of mileage are folks getting out of
the 105 wheel. Also, I'm interested in knowing about the ski "feel" in
relation to others, e.g., Aero 150, Marwe 610, Ski Skett Shark, etc.
Thanks.

27 Mar 2007 13:24:37
Re: Seeking V2 Aero 105 SRX rollerski feedback

I can't speak to the 105, but the 610 uses a ski shaft and relatively
slow wheels, so that's probably about as close to a snow feel as there
is for brands available in the US. The problem in talking about snow
feel is that when it comes to snow resistance and the effects of cold
weather, no skate rollerski comes close. They are more like a
reasonably specific approximation for training and technique. Try a
text search for snow feel and rollerskis with the google groups
opinions.

rm

"Marcuski" <glassmarc@hotmail.com > wrote:

>I'm seeking user feedback on the V2 Aero 105 SRX skate rollerski. The
>105 wheel is supposed to have greater longevity than the previous 100
>wheel. Is that the case? What kind of mileage are folks getting out of
>the 105 wheel. Also, I'm interested in knowing about the ski "feel" in
>relation to others, e.g., Aero 150, Marwe 610, Ski Skett Shark, etc.
>Thanks.

29 Mar 2007 08:24:27
highpeaksnordic

On Mar 27, 12:59 pm, "Marcuski" <glassm...@hotmail.com > wrote:
> I'm seeking user feedback on the V2 Aero 105 SRX skate rollerski.
> What kind of mileage are folks getting out of the 105 wheel.
> Also, I'm interested in knowing about the ski "feel"

I've got about 40 minutes of experience with these from last fall. I
swapped off my Aero 125's w/ my friend. His mileage was not high, but
his wheel wear was significant. That said, he also did not swap skis
side-to-side or rotate the wheels which I have found to really extend
the life of the tires.

I found the 105's to feel long, heavy and clunky; they certainly did
not feel like a ski on snow. The road shock transmitted to my legs
was pretty huge also - they felt like my V2 910K's when I try to skate
on them. I was glad to get off them and back on my 125's.

I'll also echo advice I've heard here before - demo before you buy!

- Bob

29 Mar 2007 12:51:17
Re: Seeking V2 Aero 105 SRX rollerski feedback

Talking about vibration, last year I got more substantial stock insoles
(ZapZ) and an alpine dept tech added 5mm black foam pads with adhesive
from the front of the instep forward. These extended the time I could
be on rollerskis w/o my feet tiring from by a good hour or more.

rm

"highpeaksnordic" <highpeaksnordic@gmail.com > wrote:

>I found the 105's to feel long, heavy and clunky; they certainly did
>not feel like a ski on snow. The road shock transmitted to my legs
>was pretty huge also - they felt like my V2 910K's when I try to skate
>on them. I was glad to get off them and back on my 125's.
>
>I'll also echo advice I've heard here before - demo before you buy!
>
>- Bob

10 Apr 2007 09:25:49
mountainwalker
Re: Seeking V2 Aero 105 SRX rollerski feedback

On Mar 29, 11:24 am, "highpeaksnordic" <highpeaksnor...@gmail.com >
wrote:
> On Mar 27, 12:59 pm, "Marcuski" <glassm...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm seeking user feedback on the V2 Aero 105 SRX skate rollerski.
> > What kind of mileage are folks getting out of the 105 wheel.
> > Also, I'm interested in knowing about the ski "feel"
>
> I've got about 40 minutes of experience with these from last fall. I
> swapped off my Aero 125's w/ my friend. His mileage was not high, but
> his wheel wear was significant. That said, he also did not swap skis
> side-to-side or rotate the wheels which I have found to really extend
> the life of the tires.
>
> I found the 105's to feel long, heavy and clunky; they certainly did
> not feel like a ski on snow. The road shock transmitted to my legs
> was pretty huge also - they felt like my V2 910K's when I try to skate
> on them. I was glad to get off them and back on my 125's.
>
> I'll also echo advice I've heard here before - demo before you buy!
>
> - Bob

Hi Bob,

What surfaces are you skiing on? Smooth pavement or rough pavement or
concrete or are you trying dirt/gravel trails with the 105? Also,
about what size are you (height and weight) and what kind of boots
were you using? I'd get a better handle on your feedback with that
data. I was just inspecting the 105s - they feel very light, but I
haven't skied on them yet. I have Salomon RS Carbon boots with skate
insoles from Superfeet which really help dampen vibrations and reduce
foot fatigue - and the fit of the RS Carbon is superb. I'll share my
thoughts on the 105s once I've had a chance to roller ski with them,
but I'm a newbie to roller skiing so my comments may not be as
valuable as those of an experienced skier. And after learning from
some of your earlier posts I'm sure you fall way in the latter
category.

10 Apr 2007 09:28:59
mountainwalker
Re: Seeking V2 Aero 105 SRX rollerski feedback

On Mar 27, 12:59 pm, "Marcuski" <glassm...@hotmail.com > wrote:
> I'm seeking user feedback on the V2 Aero 105 SRX skate rollerski. The
> 105 wheel is supposed to have greater longevity than the previous 100
> wheel. Is that the case? What kind of mileage are folks getting out of
> the 105 wheel. Also, I'm interested in knowing about the ski "feel" in
> relation to others, e.g., Aero 150, Marwe 610, Ski Skett Shark, etc.
> Thanks.

FYI Marcuski, there have been a bunch of previous posts on the 105 on
this forum - just search 105 and 100. Also, I found a good review of
the 100 (same as the 105 except an older wheel version) on a rollerski
specific website, though can't remember which now. It will come up
easily with a google search if you just search variations of V2 100
and 100SR and Jenex 100 AND "Review." Let me know what you find. I'm
about to try these out and I'll share what I learn and anything I find
as well.

10 Apr 2007 17:27:13
Re: Seeking V2 Aero 105 SRX rollerski feedback

Were you thinking of this article:
http://www.nordicskiracer.com/cgi-bin/news/news_item.asp?NewsID=362?

Since the subject of Aeros comes up often, maybe it ought to be
referenced more. I'm not skiing the pavement those insisting on
the need for Aeros are, but before taking that step maybe it would
be worth trying a good quality stock alpine insole, such as ZapZ, and
adding a thick pad of rubberized foam under the whole forefoot (also
from an alpine fitter). Given that racing skis weigh about 450-600g a
piece, I would think lighter is better in rollerskis as a training
instrument.

rm