17 Oct 2007 08:22:07
Dave M-K
Rollerski Double Push

Fasterskier has some video footage posted from Andy Newel. Is this the
fabled double push that has been so often discussed? It's in the skate
video in the starts section then drop in section.

http://www.fasterskier.com/training4631.html
Some pretty interesting footage. Lots of people getting airborn.

DMK

17 Oct 2007 05:39:28
Re: Rollerski Double Push

> Some pretty interesting footage. Lots of people getting airborn.

the steep-stride section is crazy fast, its hard for my eyes to keep
up! not sure about the double push though, I may have to scout around
here and find some more info on it

17 Oct 2007 08:58:57
Re: Rollerski Double Push

No. Newell is doing a fast V2 with lots of uppper body involvement,
well more of it than anyone else. Same in classical. Opposite is woman
at 2:20 in classical. In classical on steeper terrain, if the skier
moves the timing of their stride poling forward to match the foot
landing, similar to herringbone timing, then the upperbody will
naturally engage more.

RM