17 Oct 2007 05:27:35
Rollerski Boots

I was interested in the new Alpina Rollerski-specific boots after
first reading about them at some of the NENSA-sponsored rollerski
races this summer (see http://www.fasterskier.com/racing4533.html).
Then after seeing Freeman and many others at the Lake Placid camps i
decided to try and find more info. It turns out there was a post on
Laura Valaas' blog waiting for me on the boots, which I think are a
pretty good idea. http://www.lauravalaas.com/

has any other company tried to do this sort of thing? It seems like
something someone would have thought of years ago.I suspect some
companies might not find it worth their while to invest the time and
research to construct separate boots for rollerskiing, maybe because
of a small market, but they would be nice to have

17 Oct 2007 09:58:20
Re: Rollerski Boots

This would be nice also in Profil and Pilot. I find my feet get sore
faster in warmer weather than cooler. For most non-elite skiers, ankle
support is desirable, meaning a combi boot, but having more models runs
into market limitations.

rollerskivt@gmail.com wrote:

>I was interested in the new Alpina Rollerski-specific boots after
>first reading about them at some of the NENSA-sponsored rollerski
>races this summer (see http://www.fasterskier.com/racing4533.html).
>Then after seeing Freeman and many others at the Lake Placid camps i
>decided to try and find more info. It turns out there was a post on
>Laura Valaas' blog waiting for me on the boots, which I think are a
>pretty good idea. http://www.lauravalaas.com/
>
>has any other company tried to do this sort of thing? It seems like
>something someone would have thought of years ago.I suspect some
>companies might not find it worth their while to invest the time and
>research to construct separate boots for rollerskiing, maybe because
>of a small market, but they would be nice to have

17 Oct 2007 23:13:48
joseph.santaniello@gmail.com
Re: Rollerski Boots

On Oct 17, 2:27 pm, rollersk...@gmail.com wrote:
> I was interested in the new Alpina Rollerski-specific boots after
> first reading about them at some of the NENSA-sponsored rollerski
> races this summer (seehttp://www.fasterskier.com/racing4533.html).
> Then after seeing Freeman and many others at the Lake Placid camps i
> decided to try and find more info. It turns out there was a post on
> Laura Valaas' blog waiting for me on the boots, which I think are a
> pretty good idea.http://www.lauravalaas.com/
>
> has any other company tried to do this sort of thing? It seems like
> something someone would have thought of years ago.I suspect some
> companies might not find it worth their while to invest the time and
> research to construct separate boots for rollerskiing, maybe because
> of a small market, but they would be nice to have

My local shop (in Norway) has had them in for months in both classic
and skate. They appear quite nice. Too bad it doesn't get warm enough
around here to need them...

Joseph