24 Oct 2007 19:25:29
Jeffery Clarke
Roller skis

For those interested in roller skis. I just bought a pair of SkiSkett Fires
with speed reducers. Really like them. They track straight without washout.
The tire wear is great. I can't tell any wear so far after about 100 miles
of skiing. The speed reducers work so well I can tighten them enough to
have to double pole DOWN steep hills enabling great hill workouts on steep
terrain. I have skied on V2s, Marwes, and Proskis and these ski similar to
the Marwes. The narrow and bigger wheels track well through leaves and
small rocks on the trails. They do not work off pavement. Overall a good
ski.
Jeff

29 Oct 2007 14:34:03
mountainwalker
Re: Roller skis

On Oct 24, 9:25 pm, Jeffery Clarke <jef...@charter.net > wrote:
> For those interested in roller skis. I just bought a pair of SkiSkett Fires
> with speed reducers. Really like them. They track straight without washout.
> The tire wear is great. I can't tell any wear so far after about 100 miles
> of skiing. The speed reducers work so well I can tighten them enough to
> have to double pole DOWN steep hills enabling great hill workouts on steep
> terrain. I have skied on V2s, Marwes, and Proskis and these ski similar to
> the Marwes. The narrow and bigger wheels track well through leaves and
> small rocks on the trails. They do not work off pavement. Overall a good
> ski.
> Jeff

Which V2 and Marwe models have you roller skied on? How would you
compare the Ski Skett Fire with the V2 and Marwe models you have skied
on? That specific feedback would be very helpful - appreciate it
very much if you would share your experience with stability, ski feel,
comfort, durability, etc. for those models.

29 Oct 2007 21:11:55
Jeffery Clarke
Re: Roller skis

in article 1193668443.320231.163380@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com,
mountainwalker at mountainwalker@gmail.com wrote on 10/29/07 7:34 AM:

> On Oct 24, 9:25 pm, Jeffery Clarke <jef...@charter.net> wrote:
>> For those interested in roller skis. I just bought a pair of SkiSkett Fires
>> with speed reducers. Really like them. They track straight without washout.
>> The tire wear is great. I can't tell any wear so far after about 100 miles
>> of skiing. The speed reducers work so well I can tighten them enough to
>> have to double pole DOWN steep hills enabling great hill workouts on steep
>> terrain. I have skied on V2s, Marwes, and Proskis and these ski similar to
>> the Marwes. The narrow and bigger wheels track well through leaves and
>> small rocks on the trails. They do not work off pavement. Overall a good
>> ski.
>> Jeff
>
> Which V2 and Marwe models have you roller skied on? How would you
> compare the Ski Skett Fire with the V2 and Marwe models you have skied
> on? That specific feedback would be very helpful - appreciate it
> very much if you would share your experience with stability, ski feel,
> comfort, durability, etc. for those models.

I've skied on the V2 900s and they are stable and OK but don't feel as close
to skiing on snow. The Marwe 610s ski very much like the SkiSkett Fires but
there is no speed reducer option for the big and steep hills. The pneumatic
tire V2s just feel too heavy and clunky for my liking.