25 Sep 2004 05:12:03
Kenneth Salzberg
Re: Ankle Fracture

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004, m and m wrote:

> I'm getting a kayak from a good friend and high school coach of mine! I'll
> be able to get my heart rate up. Hope I can double pole in two weeks, as
> long as i dont move my ankle side-ways. I might be able to skate in 4
> weeks...i hope. I'm not sure when the running will start...maybe not till
> next spring, oh well, i like skiing a heck of a lot more than running.

Mike:
Good luck on the recovery. I haven't been "allowed" to run for many
years now (bad knees), and, while I'm not as fast a skier as I could be,
with a bit of thought, I've found plenty of other ways to train that will
do. Roller skiing, biking, canoeing, kayaking, hiking, etc. should
provide most of what you need.

-Ken

Kenneth Salzberg ksalzberg@hamline.edu
Hamline University ksalzber@hamline.edu
School of Law (651) 523-2354
1536 Hewitt Ave.
Sisu Skier - 50K Club St. Paul, MN 55104