30 Dec 2005 06:17:58
delltodd
Nove Mesto World Cup

If we go to the fis-ski.com site, we see results for the skate sprint
qualifying heats that indicates Andy Newell is the third fastest
qualifier.

GO NEWELL !!!

Way to be. Andy stood up & had a great result. Can't wait to find out
what happens next.

I hope I can find a video of that one someplace on the web !! =)

30 Dec 2005 10:16:32
Gene Goldenfeld
Re: Nove Mesto World Cup

From the quarters:
BIG fall from Ales Razym......Trond Iversen comes through the last
steep section of the course....ANDREW NEWELL IS OUT, PUTTING HIS STICK
BETWEEN HIS SKIS......Iversen leads...Vassili Rotchev coming through
strongly....IVERSEN TAKES IT from Rotchev! Both Americans out...

Final: Sidko of Russia takes the womens over Dahlberg and Kuenzel, and
Lind edges Larsson by a foot.

"delltodd" <delltodd@yahoo.com > wrote:

> If we go to the fis-ski.com site, we see results for the skate sprint
> qualifying heats that indicates Andy Newell is the third fastest
> qualifier.
>
> GO NEWELL !!!
>
> Way to be. Andy stood up & had a great result. Can't wait to find out
> what happens next.
>
> I hope I can find a video of that one someplace on the web !! =)

30 Dec 2005 09:23:08
delltodd
Re: Nove Mesto World Cup

Arrrgh

Thanks for update

C'mon Andy, keep those sticks away from the middle ! Nice job today.

30 Dec 2005 18:11:28
32 degrees
Holly Cup

Newell 15th ?? who cares !! Dell was 7th overall in a classic race this
weekend !

Good job Dell.

JK

30 Dec 2005 16:45:31
DMK
Re: Nove Mesto World Cup

Nothing against Andy, he is having a break through year and posting the
best results of US skiers, but...is it just me or has he planted a pole
between his legs a few times this year is big races? I don't know too
much about sprint races, does this happen often to others as well?

Just curious and in know way am I trying to knock what he (and Torin
Koos) are doing this year. Hopefully he can put it all together soon.

Dave

02 Jan 2006 16:21:56
bjorn
Re: Nove Mesto World Cup

Can you hear XC World Cup news on shortwave? Yes !

I just happened to tune into Radio Prague as they were starting their
sports program, and the topic was skiing! XC and jumping. I also just
happened to be recording at the time ... what are the odds?

Here's the clip:

http://members.aol.com/j999w/DX/7345khz_RPrague.mp3

It's about 440kb. I did edit out the Dakar Rally coverage and a short
program about gorillas in the zoo.

Radio Prague can be heard on just about any shortwave radio (they are
LOUD) on 7345khz, at 2345z (5:45pm CST).

Awaiting delivery of my new Ku band satellite dish, hoping to catch
some Winter Olympic feeds next month.

John Wilke
Milwaukee