17 Oct 2007 21:32:47
mountainwalker
Marwe medium speed skate wheels (#6) unavailable in U.S. now; Anyone know where to get in Europe?

Just found out that Marwe, in an attempt to improve them, messed with
its formula for its medium speed (#6) skate wheels and ruined them for
the season, and FinnSisu, the Marwe distributor in the U.S., has no
good ones from last season left in stock and is expecting none until
next spring. Anyone know where you can get Marwe #6 medium speed
skate wheels in Europe? Any online or retail stores you know of in
the U.S. or Europe that carry them? I think Europe would be the only
bet now. For now Marwe is just throwing a fast (#0 wheel) and slow
(#7) wheel on their 610 skate roller skis, but this is not the same as
two medium speed (#6) wheels.

17 Oct 2007 19:23:42
Re: Marwe medium speed skate wheels (#6) unavailable in U.S. now;

Some other shop, I think in the midwest, has been a secondary vendor;
maybe someone knows whom. An alternative is talking with Clayton
at www.rollerskishop.com. He has similar wheels (100x24) of different
speeds (or mixed) at a much lower price ($75/4), and being in MN he
should be able to give you a comparison vs. Marwe 610s. Also
Nordicskater.com (New England) and Midnight Sun (Duluth).

RM

mountainwalker <mountainwalker@gmail.com > wrote:

>Just found out that Marwe, in an attempt to improve them, messed with
>its formula for its medium speed (#6) skate wheels and ruined them for
>the season, and FinnSisu, the Marwe distributor in the U.S., has no
>good ones from last season left in stock and is expecting none until
>next spring. Anyone know where you can get Marwe #6 medium speed
>skate wheels in Europe? Any online or retail stores you know of in
>the U.S. or Europe that carry them? I think Europe would be the only
>bet now. For now Marwe is just throwing a fast (#0 wheel) and slow
>(#7) wheel on their 610 skate roller skis, but this is not the same as
>two medium speed (#6) wheels.

18 Oct 2007 00:40:01
mountainwalker
Re: Marwe medium speed skate wheels (#6) unavailable in U.S. now; Anyone know where to get in Europe?

On Oct 17, 5:32 pm, mountainwalker <mountainwal...@gmail.com > wrote:
> Just found out that Marwe, in an attempt to improve them, messed with
> its formula for its medium speed (#6) skate wheels and ruined them for
> the season, and FinnSisu, the Marwe distributor in the U.S., has no
> good ones from last season left in stock and is expecting none until
> next spring. Anyone know where you can get Marwe #6 medium speed
> skate wheels in Europe? Any online or retail stores you know of in
> the U.S. or Europe that carry them? I think Europe would be the only
> bet now. For now Marwe is just throwing a fast (#0 wheel) and slow
> (#7) wheel on their 610 skate roller skis, but this is not the same as
> two medium speed (#6) wheels.

Someone suggested I try Telemark Pyrenees in France and I've already
emailed them. Can anyone suggest any Canadian retailers that carry
Marwe and any more European stores?

18 Oct 2007 10:06:22
Bjorn A. Payne Diaz
Re: Marwe medium speed skate wheels (#6) unavailable in U.S. now; Anyone know where to get in Europe?

> Someone suggested I try Telemark Pyrenees in France and I've already
> emailed them. Can anyone suggest any Canadian retailers that carry
> Marwe and any more European stores?

You can try:

http://www.outdoorventureshayward.com/welcome.html

Jay

02 Nov 2007 14:50:20
Re: Marwe medium speed skate wheels (#6) unavailable in U.S. now; Anyone know where to get in Europe?

On Oct 18, 10:06 am, "Bjorn A. Payne Diaz" <wennerena...@gmail.com >
wrote:
> > Someone suggested I try Telemark Pyrenees in France and I've already
> > emailed them. Can anyone suggest any Canadian retailers that carry
> > Marwe and any more European stores?
>
> You can try:
>
> http://www.outdoorventureshayward.com/welcome.html
>
> Jay

Any luck? I have not had success finding Marwe wheels in the US.
Outdoor Ventures does not have any until next year (same as Finn
Sisu). I'm having trouble loading the Telemark Pyrenees website...

Jim

02 Nov 2007 17:29:41
Re: Marwe medium speed skate wheels (#6) unavailable in U.S. now;

Not sure why you are having trouble loading their site, but here's some
relevant info:
Marwe 105 mm Urethane wheels: 33.00€ (inc VAT) 27.59€ (ex VAT)
with axles and bearings: 39.50€ (inc VAT) 33.03€ (ex VAT)

enquiries@telemark-pyrenees.com
Telephone: 00 33 561 64 34 93
enquiry form:
http://www.telemark-pyrenees.com/shop/contact_us.php?osCsid=33136ab7fce7f2daf80af3a2a1ff9f1a

howejs1@msn.com wrote:

>On Oct 18, 10:06 am, "Bjorn A. Payne Diaz" <wennerena...@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>> > Someone suggested I try Telemark Pyrenees in France and I've
>> > already emailed them. Can anyone suggest any Canadian retailers
>> > that carry Marwe and any more European stores?
>>
>> You can try:
>>
>> http://www.outdoorventureshayward.com/welcome.html
>>
>> Jay
>
>Any luck? I have not had success finding Marwe wheels in the US.
>Outdoor Ventures does not have any until next year (same as Finn
>Sisu). I'm having trouble loading the Telemark Pyrenees website...
>
>Jim

03 Nov 2007 17:22:18

Found out you can get them from Iain Ballantine at rollerski.co.uk

TP was having trouble getting a response from Marwe.

03 Nov 2007 14:59:59
Re: Marwe medium speed skate wheels (#6) unavailable in U.S. now;

mountainwalker <mountainwalker@gmail.com > wrote:

>Found out you can get them from Iain Ballantine at rollerski.co.uk
>
>TP was having trouble getting a response from Marwe.

Good prices. I guess the question in all this is whether the wheels
available in Europe are any different than the bad production runs.

12 Nov 2007 06:57:22

On Nov 3, 12:59 pm, ro...@invalid.net wrote:
> mountainwalker <mountainwal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >Found out you can get them from Iain Ballantine at rollerski.co.uk
>
> >TP was having trouble getting a response from Marwe.
>
> Good prices. I guess the question in all this is whether the wheels
> available in Europe are any different than the bad production runs.

I placed an order with Telemark-Pyrenees. ~$42/wheel and $43 shipping
to the USA. However, I received an email stating the order is
delayed for 3 weeks, so TP must have to get stock from Marwe. Is TP
selling the defective wheel and Finn-Sisu will not purchase or was
there a recall on the wheel or what? I have asked TP this, and
waiting for a response before deciding to cancel the order.

Jim

15 Nov 2007 09:19:51
Bjorn A. Payne Diaz
Re: Marwe medium speed skate wheels (#6) unavailable in U.S. now;

If the order falls through, you can try Finn-sisu again. I guess Marwe
made a special run of wheels to fill orders.

Jay

16 Nov 2007 07:45:43

On Nov 15, 12:19 pm, "Bjorn A. Payne Diaz" <wennerena...@gmail.com >
wrote:
> If the order falls through, you can try Finn-sisu again. I guess Marwe
> made a special run of wheels to fill orders.
>
> Jay

FinnSisu indeed just got wheels last week, saving me the trouble of
ordering from overseas. I'd call them ASAP - they may run out quickly.

17 Nov 2007 08:08:16

On Nov 16, 8:45 am, mountainwalker <mountainwal...@gmail.com > wrote:
> On Nov 15, 12:19 pm, "Bjorn A. Payne Diaz" <wennerena...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > If the order falls through, you can try Finn-sisu again. I guess Marwe
> > made a special run of wheels to fill orders.
>
> > Jay
>
> FinnSisu indeed just got wheels last week, saving me the trouble of
> ordering from overseas. I'd call them ASAP - they may run out quickly.

Thanks for the info. I ordered the wheels from Finnsisu this morning.
They only have a couple wheels left.

Jim