27 Oct 2003 00:54:43
Gary Jacobson
Drooling at Night

Years ago there was something about drifting off to sleep in a puddle of
drool after a long hard work out. Happened often when I was younger. Rarely
happens these days, but it did last night, after a long work out.

Why do we drool after a tough session? Something with the nervous system I
suppose, but what?

Gary Jacobson
Rosendale, NY

26 Oct 2003 23:59:18
Anders Lustig
Re: Drooling at Night

"Gary Jacobson" <gjacobson-remove-this-bit-@hvc.rr.com > wrote in message news:<n1_mb.60851$Sc7.59974@twister.nyroc.rr.com>...

> Why do we drool after a tough session? Something with the nervous system I
> suppose, but what?

I havenīt noticed the connection, but the phenomenon is
not unfamiliar to me:-)

Itīs a good question, though, and leads me to make a
related (and an unrelated) follow-up question:

Why do I (we?) *invariably* sprout like a hose from my
nose when I ski - but *never* when I run *in the same
climatic conditions and at the same intensity*?

Why does a plastic drinks bottle turn from hard (so
that it offers resistance when you squeeze it) to
strangely soft when I pour hot water (from the water
boiler) into it?

And why do some people insist that harmful substances
dissolve into the water in the process?:-)

Anders

27 Oct 2003 10:25:51
taywood
Re: Drooling at Night

"Anders Lustig" <touho3@excite.com > wrote in message
> "Gary Jacobson" <gjacobson-remove-this-bit-@hvc.rr.com> wrote in message
news:<n1_mb.60851$Sc7.59974@twister.nyroc.rr.com >...

> Why do I (we?) *invariably* sprout like a hose from my
> nose when I ski - but *never* when I run *in the same
> climatic conditions and at the same intensity*?

I dont know why, but I cured the problem in my case by
wearing wraparound glasses.
Mike