30 Oct 2003 20:43:12
Marco
Info Carving Ski ... help me !

Hi,
i'm loocking for buy a pair of allround carving, and i'm debating between:

Volkl V3
Head IC 180

I'm a good skier, but i don't love speed... i want only a good ski !
Some people suggested me for Volkl... but if you have tried Head IC 180, i'm
interested to your impressions..

Sorry for my english, i'm italian !!

Any suggestion...?

Thanks !!

Bye !!

Marco.

31 Oct 2003 05:40:15
foot2foot
Re: Info Carving Ski ... help me !

"Marco" <m.guidiNOSPAM@tin.it > wrote in message
> Hi,
> i'm loocking for buy a pair of allround carving, and i'm debating between:
>
> Volkl V3
> Head IC 180
>
> I'm a good skier, but i don't love speed... i want only a good ski !
> Some people suggested me for Volkl... but if you have tried Head IC 180,
i'm
> interested to your impressions..
>
> Sorry for my english, i'm italian !!
>
> Any suggestion...?
>
> Thanks !!
>
> Bye !!
>
> Marco.

If you don't love speed, then you don't want a ski that won't respond
until you go fast.

You want a ski that will turn easily and accurately at lower speeds.

Don't ask me which ski that is though.

31 Oct 2003 09:03:10
Walt
Re: Info Carving Ski ... help me !

Marco wrote:

> Hi,
> i'm loocking for buy a pair of allround carving, and i'm debating between:
>
> Volkl V3
> Head IC 180
>
> I'm a good skier, but i don't love speed... i want only a good ski !
> Some people suggested me for Volkl... but if you have tried Head IC 180, i'm
> interested to your impressions..

I can't say I was impressed by the skis in the Volkl V series (V stands
for carVer I think). They were OK, but nothing special. I wouldn't
recommend against them, but I won't rave about them either. I think I
tried both the V3 and V4.

I really liked the Head IC 160. Didn't try the 180. The 160 may be a
better choice for you since is somewhat toned down from the 180 and
presumably won't need as much speed to crank a turn.

I'd say that either ski will be adequate, but if you spend some time
demoing you can find the ski that's more-than-adequate for your style
and ability. Only you know for sure.

--
//-Walt
//

01 Nov 2003 16:10:32
DT
Re: Info Carving Ski ... help me !

Two other good options that will leave you with spare change is the Atomic
Beta Carve C 9:18 or C 9:20.

"Walt" <walt@boatnerd.com > wrote in message
> Marco wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> > i'm loocking for buy a pair of allround carving, and i'm debating
between:

> > Volkl V3
> > Head IC 180
> >
> > I'm a good skier, but i don't love speed... i want only a good ski !
> > Some people suggested me for Volkl... but if you have tried Head IC
180, i'm
> > interested to your impressions..
>
> I can't say I was impressed by the skis in the Volkl V series (V stands
> for carVer I think). They were OK, but nothing special. I wouldn't
> recommend against them, but I won't rave about them either. I think I
> tried both the V3 and V4.
>
> I really liked the Head IC 160. Didn't try the 180. The 160 may be a
> better choice for you since is somewhat toned down from the 180 and
> presumably won't need as much speed to crank a turn.
>
> I'd say that either ski will be adequate, but if you spend some time
> demoing you can find the ski that's more-than-adequate for your style
> and ability. Only you know for sure.
>
> --
> //-Walt
> //
> // The Volkl Conspiracy

01 Nov 2003 15:49:48
JQ
Re: Info Carving Ski ... help me !

"DT" <dlt1NO@SPAMrogers.com > wrote in message
> Two other good options that will leave you with spare change is the Atomic
> Beta Carve C 9:18 or C 9:20.

I think now called the Atomic C series

JQ
Dancing on the edge