28 Feb 2005 06:03:13
Jeff
Dogs hate 'em, too

We were in Stowe and Bolton this weekend. The highlight occured on the
final day at Bolton. Down at the Timberline Lodge, they've got a Basset
Hound who has run of the place. He goes in and out as he chooses. After
sampling some crust off the floor, he wandered outside. As the
floppy-eared boy was headed for a rack of skis, I thought, "Great, he's
going to knock them over." Instead he lifted his leg and urinated on
the lone snowboard at the end of the rack. Apparently, dogs hate
boarders, too. True story.

28 Feb 2005 10:52:00
Chuck
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

Jeff wrote:
> We were in Stowe and Bolton this weekend. The highlight occured on the
> final day at Bolton. Down at the Timberline Lodge, they've got a Basset
> Hound who has run of the place. He goes in and out as he chooses. After
> sampling some crust off the floor, he wandered outside. As the
> floppy-eared boy was headed for a rack of skis, I thought, "Great, he's
> going to knock them over." Instead he lifted his leg and urinated on
> the lone snowboard at the end of the rack. Apparently, dogs hate
> boarders, too. True story.

Too bad you didn't get a picture.

28 Feb 2005 07:58:52
Jeff
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

Chuck wrote:
> Jeff wrote:
> > We were in Stowe and Bolton this weekend. The highlight occured on
the
> > final day at Bolton. Down at the Timberline Lodge, they've got a
Basset
> > Hound who has run of the place. He goes in and out as he chooses.
After
> > sampling some crust off the floor, he wandered outside. As the
> > floppy-eared boy was headed for a rack of skis, I thought, "Great,
he's
> > going to knock them over." Instead he lifted his leg and urinated
on
> > the lone snowboard at the end of the rack. Apparently, dogs hate
> > boarders, too. True story.
> >

> Too bad you didn't get a picture.

As it was happening, I was kicking myself for not having one...

28 Feb 2005 13:15:40
Walt
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

> Jeff wrote:
>
>>We were in Stowe and Bolton this weekend. The highlight occured on the
>>final day at Bolton. Down at the Timberline Lodge, they've got a Basset
>>Hound who has run of the place. He goes in and out as he chooses. After
>>sampling some crust off the floor, he wandered outside. As the
>>floppy-eared boy was headed for a rack of skis, I thought, "Great, he's
>>going to knock them over." Instead he lifted his leg and urinated on
>>the lone snowboard at the end of the rack. Apparently, dogs hate
>>boarders, too. True story.

Um...dogs urinate on things to mark their territory. It's obvious
that this dog just wanted that snowboard for himself. Skiing's probably
beyond his ability.

--
//-Walt
//

01 Mar 2005 14:53:42
ant
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

"Jeff" <jeff@bruce.com > wrote in message

> Instead he lifted his leg and urinated on
> the lone snowboard at the end of the rack. Apparently, dogs hate
> boarders, too. True story.

He was probably attracted by the smell!

ant

01 Mar 2005 15:38:37
carix
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

Cute story however I must ask: WHY do you hate snowboarders?!? Do you think
skiers are better people than snowboarders? I'm not a snowboarder but I
don't "hate'em", why would I? I really don't understand this attitude...
It's not like there's a big threat that all skiers are going to be overtaken
by the big bad snowboarding population!! They are there...we are
there...and that's it! Get over it!
In my opinion we're lucky to have snowboarders to share the hills with.
Believe it or not, skiing is NOT enjoyed by everyone on the planet and
people have differing opinions on what is fun and what is not. The one thing
we both have in common as skiers and snowboarders is that we both need a
hill to practice our sport, and in order to keep the ski resorts alive for
us skiers, we need clients. The introduction of snowboarding has been the
only savior for the smaller struggling ski hills in the past ten
years...even with the introduction of snowboarding the hills in my region
have been slowly closing one by one due to lack of participation, it's
depressing!
Snowboarding is fresh and young and it attracts people to participate in
winter sport. (which again....where is the bad part?) From an economic
point of view it is an aid to skiers who enjoy local areas and smaller
resorts. It does no harm to skiers, if anything we are lucky to have
snowboarders to add to our playground. (and telling me reasons such as
chair lift stories or damaging the hill with the board...beleive me, IT GOES
BOTH WAYS! Why do think it's called a "snowplow")
So why again?

"ant" <ant_kNOT@geocities.com > wrote in message

> "Jeff" <jeff@bruce.com> wrote in message
>
>> Instead he lifted his leg and urinated on
>> the lone snowboard at the end of the rack. Apparently, dogs hate
>> boarders, too. True story.
>
> He was probably attracted by the smell!
>
> ant

01 Mar 2005 08:30:32
Jeff
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

carix wrote:
> Cute story however I must ask: WHY do you hate snowboarders?!? Do you
think
> skiers are better people than snowboarders? I'm not a snowboarder
but I
> don't "hate'em", why would I? I really don't understand this
attitude...
> It's not like there's a big threat that all skiers are going to be
overtaken
> by the big bad snowboarding population!! They are there...we are
> there...and that's it! Get over it!

I'm not sure from whence you hail, but throughout much of Red America,
"hate" is a buzzword whose connotations elude my understanding. In my
corner of the globe, it's not unusual to hate rain, lint balls or
George W. Bush. In other words, don't parse meaning that isn't there.
I'm on record as staying they're annoying, so I'll leave it at that:

http://blogdayafternoon.com/articles/05/01/04/0562422/index.html

Jeff

01 Mar 2005 11:43:15
Mary Malmros
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

carix wrote:

> Cute story however I must ask: WHY do you hate snowboarders?!?

Because a snowboarder once did something she didn't like. That's the
standard "reason" for all the snowboard-haters here.

I got cut off in traffic by someone with a yellow-ribbon bumper sticker,
but I don't go on a hate campaign against the displayers of
yellow-ribbon bumper stickers. It's called being a grownup.

--
Mary Malmros malmros@bcn.net
Some days you're the windshield, other days you're the bug.

01 Mar 2005 17:27:08
Marshall Banana
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

Also Sprach Mary Malmros <malmrosnospam@bcn.net >:

> I got cut off in traffic by someone with a yellow-ribbon bumper sticker,
> but I don't go on a hate campaign against the displayers of
> yellow-ribbon bumper stickers. It's called being a grownup.

Really? Because I hate, literally, with a passion, those yellow-ribbon
bumper stickers.

Dan

--
The Apocalypse is INVISCID!

-- Gary Yngve

(on modeling nuclear explosions with the Navier-Stokes equations.)

01 Mar 2005 09:56:08
Jeff
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

Marshall Banana wrote:

> Really? Because I hate, literally, with a passion, those
yellow-ribbon
> bumper stickers.

Hey now. You don't have to run supplies from Baghdad to Takrit in order
to support our troops. We're all equally in this together:

http://blogdayafternoon.com/articles/05/02/23/9581286/index.html

01 Mar 2005 13:25:33
Mary Malmros
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

Marshall Banana wrote:

> Also Sprach Mary Malmros <malmrosnospam@bcn.net>:
>

>>I got cut off in traffic by someone with a yellow-ribbon bumper sticker,
>>but I don't go on a hate campaign against the displayers of
>>yellow-ribbon bumper stickers. It's called being a grownup.
>

> Really? Because I hate, literally, with a passion, those yellow-ribbon
> bumper stickers.

Well, yeah, but...separate issue. I don't hate 'em cuz one of 'em cut
me off in traffic ;-)

--
Mary Malmros malmros@bcn.net
Some days you're the windshield, other days you're the bug.

01 Mar 2005 13:26:32
Mary Malmros
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

Jeff wrote:

> Marshall Banana wrote:
>
>>Really? Because I hate, literally, with a passion, those
>
> yellow-ribbon
>
>>bumper stickers.
>

> Hey now. You don't have to run supplies from Baghdad to Takrit in order
> to support our troops.

Neither do the people sporting those bumper stickers. Nor are they
emptying bedpans in VA hospitals. They "support the troops"
by...putting a bumper sticker on their cars.

--
Mary Malmros malmros@bcn.net
Some days you're the windshield, other days you're the bug.

01 Mar 2005 13:25:55
JQ

> Marshall Banana wrote:
> >
> > Really? Because I hate, literally, with a passion, those
> yellow-ribbon
> > bumper stickers.
>
> Hey now. You don't have to run supplies from Baghdad to Takrit in order
> to support our troops. We're all equally in this together:
>
> http://blogdayafternoon.com/articles/05/02/23/9581286/index.html

I always found it weird to support something you disagreed with. If you
disagree with war or a certain war why would you support those fighting the
war you disagree with? If you support those fighting the war than you
support the war if you support the war then you agree with the war, true?

JQ
Dancing on the edge

01 Mar 2005 13:41:27
Walt
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

http://www.theonion.com/opinion/index.php?issue=4108&o=2

--
//-Walt
//

01 Mar 2005 14:04:35
lal_truckee
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

Mary Malmros wrote:
> carix wrote:
>
>> Cute story however I must ask: WHY do you hate snowboarders?!?
>

> Because a snowboarder once did something she didn't like. That's the
> standard "reason" for all the snowboard-haters here.

Who's "she?" I didn't know "Jeff" was a "she?" Tres Cool.

BTW, I hate boarding, not boarders. Wusses would be innocuous if they'd
stay on the groomed and in the park and quit wrecking the snow. But they
won't; they insist on snowplowing down the fresh and mashing the soft,
just because they can't ride an edge on steep and deep.

01 Mar 2005 17:00:05
Chuck
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

carix wrote:
> Cute story however I must ask: WHY do you hate snowboarders?!? Do you think
> skiers are better people than snowboarders? I'm not a snowboarder but I
> don't "hate'em", why would I? I really don't understand this attitude...
> It's not like there's a big threat that all skiers are going to be overtaken
> by the big bad snowboarding population!! They are there...we are
> there...and that's it! Get over it!
> In my opinion we're lucky to have snowboarders to share the hills with.
> Believe it or not, skiing is NOT enjoyed by everyone on the planet and
> people have differing opinions on what is fun and what is not. The one thing
> we both have in common as skiers and snowboarders is that we both need a
> hill to practice our sport, and in order to keep the ski resorts alive for
> us skiers, we need clients. The introduction of snowboarding has been the
> only savior for the smaller struggling ski hills in the past ten
> years...even with the introduction of snowboarding the hills in my region
> have been slowly closing one by one due to lack of participation, it's
> depressing!
> Snowboarding is fresh and young and it attracts people to participate in
> winter sport. (which again....where is the bad part?) From an economic
> point of view it is an aid to skiers who enjoy local areas and smaller
> resorts. It does no harm to skiers, if anything we are lucky to have
> snowboarders to add to our playground. (and telling me reasons such as
> chair lift stories or damaging the hill with the board...beleive me, IT GOES
> BOTH WAYS! Why do think it's called a "snowplow")
> So why again?

There are several problems with snowboarders. For one, they tend to
sideslip all the way down a trail that's beyond their ability to ride
just so they can say they "got down it". That ruins the snow for skiers
and riders who can ski/ride it properly. I'd say at least 50% of the
boarders I see going down a black trail at my local hill are side
slipping and scraping it down to bare ice.

Second is an attitude that is prevalent amongst most boarders of not
caring about the skier's code or other people's safety. I can't tell you
how many times I've watch boarders blasting through an area clearly
marked for "slow skiing". My wife is a slow skier and has been plowed
into numerous times by out of control boarders, yet not once in 7 years
by a skier. And then they have the nerve to blame her when they hit her
from behind. Excuse me but the skiers code has always stated that you
must be skiing (or riding) in *complete* control and avoid skiers that
are below you. If you can't avoid them, you are boarder/skiing too fast
for your abilities. BTW this problem seems to be isolated to young male
boarders between about the ages of 16 and 21. The younger and older seem
to be more considerate of others.

01 Mar 2005 14:37:03
lal_truckee
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

Chuck wrote:
> the skiers code has always stated that you
> must be skiing (or riding) in *complete* control

No such thing. Wishful thinking on the part of code developers.

01 Mar 2005 17:32:43
Bill Griffiths
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

Sources close to the investigation reveal that, on Tue, 01 Mar 2005
17:00:05 -0500, Chuck <skilover_nospam@softhome.net > wrote:

>There are several problems with snowboarders. For one, they tend to
>sideslip all the way down a trail that's beyond their ability to ride
>just so they can say they "got down it". That ruins the snow for skiers
>and riders who can ski/ride it properly. I'd say at least 50% of the
>boarders I see going down a black trail at my local hill are side
>slipping and scraping it down to bare ice.

Only 50%? You seem to be blessed with unusually competent boarders.

This winter I've seen about one boarder per day linking carved turns
-- and what these carvers do looks so different from the typical
boarder that you can spot them from hundreds of yards away. It's like
a completely different sport.

--
Bill Griffiths
"The fool hath said in his heart, there is no such thing as justice." Hobbes

01 Mar 2005 18:25:18
Chas12
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

You are missing the point.
The beauty of America is that everyone has the right to disagree.
Perhaps this passage from the movie "The American President" would explain
it better than I can:

Everybody knows America isn't easy. America is advanced citizenship. You
gotta want it bad, 'cause it's gonna put up a fight. It's gonna say, "You
want free speech? Let's see you acknowledge a man whose words make your
blood boil, who's standing center stage and advocating, at the top of his
lungs, that which you would spend a lifetime opposing at the top of yours.
....Show me that, defend that, celebrate that in your classrooms. Then you
can stand up and sing about the land of the free.

Chas

"JQ" <jq@wadenet.com > wrote in message

We're all equally in this together:

> I always found it weird to support something you disagreed with. If you
> disagree with war or a certain war why would you support those fighting
> the
> war you disagree with? If you support those fighting the war than you
> support the war if you support the war then you agree with the war, true?

01 Mar 2005 18:29:52
Chas12
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

Well stated. One glaring difference I have noticed is the lack of courtesy
and the plowing of snow off the center of the trail instead of being on
edge. I rarely see a skier sideslipping down a slope. AND if sideslipping
is done correctly, no snow is displaced.
Chas

"lal_truckee" <lal_truckee@yahoo.com > wrote in

>> > BTW, I hate boarding, not boarders. Wusses would be innocuous if they'd
> stay on the groomed and in the park and quit wrecking the snow. But they
> won't; they insist on snowplowing down the fresh and mashing the soft,
> just because they can't ride an edge on steep and deep.

01 Mar 2005 18:32:08
Chas12
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

Another part of the code was to warn the person you are overtaking by
stating "On your right/left".
Just a little courtesy goes a long way. The apology of the boarder who
crashed into me and continued on his barely controlled path was too little
too late.
Chas

"lal_truckee" <lal_truckee@yahoo.com > wrote in message
> Chuck wrote:
>> the skiers code has always stated that you
>> must be skiing (or riding) in *complete* control
>
> No such thing. Wishful thinking on the part of code developers.

01 Mar 2005 18:34:17
JQ
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

"Chas12" <cheeze1@optonline.net > wrote in message
> You are missing the point.
> The beauty of America is that everyone has the right to disagree.
> Perhaps this passage from the movie "The American President" would explain
> it better than I can:
>
> Everybody knows America isn't easy. America is advanced citizenship. You
> gotta want it bad, 'cause it's gonna put up a fight. It's gonna say, "You
> want free speech? Let's see you acknowledge a man whose words make your
> blood boil, who's standing center stage and advocating, at the top of his
> lungs, that which you would spend a lifetime opposing at the top of yours.
> ....Show me that, defend that, celebrate that in your classrooms. Then you
> can stand up and sing about the land of the free.
>
> Chas

I maybe dense or something but I don't get the point or how it relates to my
statement.

JQ
Dancing on the edge
(snip)

01 Mar 2005 16:00:18
lal_truckee
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

Chas12 wrote:
> Another part of the code was to warn the person you are overtaking by
> stating "On your right/left".
> Just a little courtesy goes a long way. The apology of the boarder who
> crashed into me and continued on his barely controlled path was too little
> too late.

You shout "On your right" at the level of skiers/boarders out there
today and half of them will think you want them to move right; the other
half will properly stay left. The trouble is you don't know which half
you're dealing with at any given instance.

01 Mar 2005 19:19:45
Mary Malmros
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

lal_truckee wrote:

> Mary Malmros wrote:
>
>> carix wrote:
>>
>>> Cute story however I must ask: WHY do you hate snowboarders?!?
>>

>> Because a snowboarder once did something she didn't like. That's the
>> standard "reason" for all the snowboard-haters here.
>

> Who's "she?" I didn't know "Jeff" was a "she?" Tres Cool.

The person who posted the "cute story" is a "she". Jeff, presumably, is
not.

> BTW, I hate boarding, not boarders. Wusses would be innocuous if they'd
> stay on the groomed and in the park and quit wrecking the snow. But they
> won't; they insist on snowplowing down the fresh and mashing the soft,
> just because they can't ride an edge on steep and deep.

Yeah, and all Southerners are gun-toting redneck fundamentalists, and
all New Yorkers are rude and obnoxious, and all French people are
language snobs with poor personal hygeine, and...

--
Mary Malmros malmros@bcn.net
Some days you're the windshield, other days you're the bug.

01 Mar 2005 17:22:56
pigo
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

"Mary Malmros" <malmrosnospam@bcn.net > wrote in message
> carix wrote:
>
>> Cute story however I must ask: WHY do you hate snowboarders?!?
>
> Because a snowboarder once did something she didn't like. That's
> the standard "reason" for all the snowboard-haters here.

Those of us that have the ability to ski varying snow conditions and
have come to enjoy a certain traffic pattern "hate" not having those
snow conditions and having to ski with an eye in the back of our
heads.

Personally I've never been hit by one (I'm a guy) but I feel sorry
for the women and children that they somehow have a harder time
avoiding. I assume that when the retaliation factor is up, some
control is gained.

> I got cut off in traffic by someone with a yellow-ribbon bumper
> sticker, but I don't go on a hate campaign against the displayers
> of yellow-ribbon bumper stickers. It's called being a grownup.

And if everytime you went out on the road it was the yrbs cars that
were cutting you off wouldn't you, 1; be annoyed with them and 2;
take some measures to not be hit by them? That's called being a
*smart* adult.

01 Mar 2005 17:43:12
lal_truckee
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

Mary Malmros wrote:
> lal_truckee wrote:
>
>> Mary Malmros wrote:

>>> Because a snowboarder once did something she didn't like. That's the
>>> standard "reason" for all the snowboard-haters here.
>>

>> Who's "she?" I didn't know "Jeff" was a "she?" Tres Cool.
>

> The person who posted the "cute story" is a "she". Jeff, presumably, is
> not.

Whoops. Look again. Jeff posted the cute story. You attributed it to a
"she" for some reason.

>> BTW, I hate boarding, not boarders. Wusses would be innocuous if
>> they'd stay on the groomed and in the park and quit wrecking the snow.
>> But they won't; they insist on snowplowing down the fresh and mashing
>> the soft, just because they can't ride an edge on steep and deep.
>

> Yeah, and all Southerners are gun-toting redneck fundamentalists, and
> all New Yorkers are rude and obnoxious, and all French people are
> language snobs with poor personal hygeine, and...

You got something against language challenged, stinky, rude, obnoxious,
gun-toting, redneck, fundamentalists? I don't. Salt of the earth. But I
bet that statistically incompetent boarders are wrecking fresh powder at
a higher percentage than any of your stereotypes are stereotypical.

Miller better get a move on, or Raich will take him.

01 Mar 2005 20:56:21
Mary Malmros
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

lal_truckee wrote:

> Mary Malmros wrote:
>
>> lal_truckee wrote:

>>> Who's "she?" I didn't know "Jeff" was a "she?" Tres Cool.
>>

>> The person who posted the "cute story" is a "she". Jeff, presumably,
>> is not.
>

> Whoops. Look again. Jeff posted the cute story. You attributed it to a
> "she" for some reason.

Yeah, my mistake, now that I look. Didn't follow it far back enough,
thought it was ant.

>>> BTW, I hate boarding, not boarders. Wusses would be innocuous if
>>> they'd stay on the groomed and in the park and quit wrecking the
>>> snow. But they won't; they insist on snowplowing down the fresh and
>>> mashing the soft, just because they can't ride an edge on steep and
>>> deep.
>>
>> Yeah, and all Southerners are gun-toting redneck fundamentalists, and
>> all New Yorkers are rude and obnoxious, and all French people are
>> language snobs with poor personal hygeine, and...
>
> You got something against language challenged, stinky, rude, obnoxious,
> gun-toting, redneck, fundamentalists? I don't. Salt of the earth. But I
> bet that statistically incompetent boarders are wrecking fresh powder at
> a higher percentage than any of your stereotypes are stereotypical.

"statistically incompetent"? Whatever. "I bets" are meaningless.
Snowboarders gore _your_ ox to the point where you make the sort of
"they all do x" statements that are both pointless (because nobody's
listening who might do something about it) and inflammatory (because the
only people who _are_ listening are those who are of a mindset to get
themselves in an identical lather). Strikes me as a waste of energy,
but it's your energy to waste.

> Miller better get a move on, or Raich will take him.

It's possible, although if this year's results are anything to go on,
four remaining speed events vs. two remaining tech events favor Miller
over Raich. But I did think Bode would do _something_ at Kranskja Gora;
I seem to recall he's done well there in the past.

--
Mary Malmros malmros@bcn.net
Some days you're the windshield, other days you're the bug.

02 Mar 2005 13:20:20
ant
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

"Mary Malmros" <malmrosnospam@bcn.net > wrote in message
> carix wrote:
>
>> Cute story however I must ask: WHY do you hate snowboarders?!?

Note, that the boarder comments on the story. Being a net challenged
top-poster, he was somewhat careless with the post to which he was replying.
What's your excuse?

> Because a snowboarder once did something she didn't like. That's the
> standard "reason" for all the snowboard-haters here.

Actually, the person who used the term "hate snowboarders" was the original
storyteller. I and others replied, and our excited boarding friend replied
to my reply.

> I got cut off in traffic by someone with a yellow-ribbon bumper sticker,
> but I don't go on a hate campaign against the displayers of yellow-ribbon
> bumper stickers. It's called being a grownup.

Oh dear. Well, try to read the post a little more carefully next time, if
you want to play at being grownup. It could harm your sanctimonious image if
anyone suspected you might be indulging in vendettas.

ant

02 Mar 2005 13:25:44

> Yeah, my mistake, now that I look. Didn't follow it far back enough,
> thought it was ant.

never mind. better luck next time!

ant

01 Mar 2005 22:22:22
Harry Weiner
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 15:38:37 GMT, "carix" <carix78@hotmail.com > wrote
this crap:

>Cute story however I must ask: WHY do you hate snowboarders?!?

They suck.

Horvath@Horvath.net

My T-shirt says, "This shirt is the
ultimate power in the universe."

01 Mar 2005 22:47:26
Mary Malmros
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

ant wrote:

> "Mary Malmros" <malmrosnospam@bcn.net> wrote in message
>
>>carix wrote:
>>

>>>Cute story however I must ask: WHY do you hate snowboarders?!?
>

> Note, that the boarder comments on the story. Being a net challenged
> top-poster, he was somewhat careless with the post to which he was replying.
> What's your excuse?

Oh, I'm just out to get you, ant. It's because I'm a narrow-minded
Bush-voting gun-toting American and I hate all foreigners. It couldn't
possibly be a simple mistake; it's got to be because I've got a...what
did you call it? Vendetta? Against you. Yup. Nothing better to
occupy my time, nosirreebob.

>>I got cut off in traffic by someone with a yellow-ribbon bumper sticker,
>>but I don't go on a hate campaign against the displayers of yellow-ribbon
>>bumper stickers. It's called being a grownup.
>

> Oh dear. Well, try to read the post a little more carefully next time, if
> you want to play at being grownup. It could harm your sanctimonious image if
> anyone suspected you might be indulging in vendettas.

Do you think anyone would notice over the shrill, whining noise of your
grinding axe?

--
Mary Malmros malmros@bcn.net
Some days you're the windshield, other days you're the bug.

02 Mar 2005 05:44:48
Norm
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

> "Chas12" <cheeze1@optonline.net> wrote in message
>> You are missing the point.
>> The beauty of America is that everyone has the right to disagree.
>> Perhaps this passage from the movie "The American President" would
>> explain
>> it better than I can:
>>
>> Everybody knows America isn't easy. America is advanced citizenship. You
>> gotta want it bad, 'cause it's gonna put up a fight. It's gonna say, "You
>> want free speech? Let's see you acknowledge a man whose words make your
>> blood boil, who's standing center stage and advocating, at the top of his
>> lungs, that which you would spend a lifetime opposing at the top of
>> yours.
>> ....Show me that, defend that, celebrate that in your classrooms. Then
>> you
>> can stand up and sing about the land of the free.
>>
>> Chas
>>

> I maybe dense or something but I don't get the point or how it relates to
> my
> statement.

I get the point. But even getting the point, you are correct, it does not
relate to what you originally posted.
He missed your point, thought he saw a soapbox and jumped on it.
None of which should be construed to mean I disagree with either of you.

01 Mar 2005 22:49:48
J. Urrrk
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

"Norm" <normgrant999@yahoo.ca > wrote in message

> "JQ" <jq@wadenet.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Chas12" <cheeze1@optonline.net> wrote in message
> >> You are missing the point.
> >> The beauty of America is that everyone has the right to
disagree.
> >> Perhaps this passage from the movie "The American President"
would
> >> explain
> >> it better than I can:
> >>
> >> Everybody knows America isn't easy. America is advanced
citizenship. You
> >> gotta want it bad, 'cause it's gonna put up a fight. It's gonna
say, "You
> >> want free speech? Let's see you acknowledge a man whose words
make your
> >> blood boil, who's standing center stage and advocating, at the
top of his
> >> lungs, that which you would spend a lifetime opposing at the top
of
> >> yours.
> >> ....Show me that, defend that, celebrate that in your
classrooms. Then
> >> you
> >> can stand up and sing about the land of the free.
> >>
> >> Chas
> >>

> > I maybe dense or something but I don't get the point or how it
relates to
> > my
> > statement.
> >
> I get the point. But even getting the point, you are correct, it
does not
> relate to what you originally posted.
> He missed your point, thought he saw a soapbox and jumped on it.
> None of which should be construed to mean I disagree with either of
you.

Then you're a nazi. and so is JQ. And Chas too. Fricking goose
steppers. I'll bet you goose steppers snowboard and cover your
nazi Subarus with this stupid yellow stickers thingies. God I
hate Subarus. Anything with a horizontally opposed engine is
totally nazi. And Lesbian too. Fricking Subarus with their
tongue and groove body panels. Goose-stepping, troop supporting,
lesbian nazi snowboarders in brown shirts. with armbands. And
Mullets. God I hate mullets. Fricking hairstyle of Satan if
you ask me. AstroPax has a mullet.

Hmmmm. My froth runneth over. What was the topic?

-J. Urrrk, Grown up irrational hater. And damned good at it.

02 Mar 2005 08:12:33
Norm
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

"J. Urrrk" <wibblewibblewibble@woogle.wiggle.wom > wrote in message

> "Norm" <normgrant999@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
>>
>> "JQ" <jq@wadenet.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > "Chas12" <cheeze1@optonline.net> wrote in message
> disagree.
> would

> citizenship. You
> say, "You
> make your
> top of his
> of
> classrooms. Then

>> > I maybe dense or something but I don't get the point or how it
> relates to
>> > my
>> > statement.
>> >
>> I get the point. But even getting the point, you are correct, it
> does not
>> relate to what you originally posted.
>> He missed your point, thought he saw a soapbox and jumped on it.
>> None of which should be construed to mean I disagree with either of
> you.
>>
> Then you're a nazi. and so is JQ. And Chas too. Fricking goose
> steppers. I'll bet you goose steppers snowboard and cover your
> nazi Subarus with this stupid yellow stickers thingies. God I
> hate Subarus. Anything with a horizontally opposed engine is
> totally nazi. And Lesbian too. Fricking Subarus with their
> tongue and groove body panels. Goose-stepping, troop supporting,
> lesbian nazi snowboarders in brown shirts. with armbands. And
> Mullets. God I hate mullets. Fricking hairstyle of Satan if
> you ask me. AstroPax has a mullet.
>
> Hmmmm. My froth runneth over. What was the topic?

Dogs. I'm certain it was somethng about dogs.
Big fuckin mutts whatll' eat you out of house and home.
Almost as bad as having grown offspring camp out in your basement when their
between jobs.
And one of the buggers snowboards as well. But not on my dime anymore. He
wants to ride he gonna haveta work, but there doesn't seem much danger of
that...

> -J. Urrrk, Grown up irrational hater. And damned good at it.

02 Mar 2005 06:11:52
vern93
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

In article <RzeVd.551269$Xk.488713@pd7tw3no >,
"Norm" <normgrant999@yahoo.ca > wrote:

> "J. Urrrk" <wibblewibblewibble@woogle.wiggle.wom> wrote in message
> >
> > "Norm" <normgrant999@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
> >>
> >> "JQ" <jq@wadenet.com> wrote in message

> > disagree.
> > would

> > citizenship. You
> > say, "You
> > make your
> > top of his
> > of
> > classrooms. Then

> > relates to
> >> >
> >> I get the point. But even getting the point, you are correct, it
> > does not
> >> relate to what you originally posted.
> >> He missed your point, thought he saw a soapbox and jumped on it.
> >> None of which should be construed to mean I disagree with either of
> > you.
> >>
> > Then you're a nazi. and so is JQ. And Chas too. Fricking goose
> > steppers. I'll bet you goose steppers snowboard and cover your
> > nazi Subarus with this stupid yellow stickers thingies. God I
> > hate Subarus. Anything with a horizontally opposed engine is
> > totally nazi. And Lesbian too. Fricking Subarus with their
> > tongue and groove body panels. Goose-stepping, troop supporting,
> > lesbian nazi snowboarders in brown shirts. with armbands. And
> > Mullets. God I hate mullets. Fricking hairstyle of Satan if
> > you ask me. AstroPax has a mullet.
> >
> > Hmmmm. My froth runneth over. What was the topic?
>
> Dogs. I'm certain it was somethng about dogs.
> Big fuckin mutts whatll' eat you out of house and home.
> Almost as bad as having grown offspring camp out in your basement when their
> between jobs.
> And one of the buggers snowboards as well. But not on my dime anymore. He
> wants to ride he gonna haveta work, but there doesn't seem much danger of
> that...

You know what I hate? Rainbows. You'll just be
sitting there minding your own business, and they'll come marching in
and crawl up your leg and start biting the inside of your ass - And
you'll be all like 'Hey get out of my ASS YOU STUPID RAINBOWS!!! I'm
talking about rainbows! I hate those friggin' things.

Dave

02 Mar 2005 07:28:38
Mary Malmros
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

Norm wrote:

> "J. Urrrk" <wibblewibblewibble@woogle.wiggle.wom> wrote in message
>
>>"Norm" <normgrant999@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
>>
>>>"JQ" <jq@wadenet.com> wrote in message

>>disagree.

>>would

>>citizenship. You

>>say, "You

>>make your

>>top of his

>>of

>>classrooms. Then

>>relates to

>>>I get the point. But even getting the point, you are correct, it
>>
>>does not
>>
>>>relate to what you originally posted.
>>>He missed your point, thought he saw a soapbox and jumped on it.
>>>None of which should be construed to mean I disagree with either of
>>
>>you.
>>
>>Then you're a nazi. and so is JQ. And Chas too. Fricking goose
>>steppers. I'll bet you goose steppers snowboard and cover your
>>nazi Subarus with this stupid yellow stickers thingies. God I
>>hate Subarus. Anything with a horizontally opposed engine is
>>totally nazi. And Lesbian too. Fricking Subarus with their
>>tongue and groove body panels. Goose-stepping, troop supporting,
>>lesbian nazi snowboarders in brown shirts. with armbands. And
>>Mullets. God I hate mullets. Fricking hairstyle of Satan if
>>you ask me. AstroPax has a mullet.
>>
>>Hmmmm. My froth runneth over. What was the topic?
>

> Dogs. I'm certain it was somethng about dogs.
> Big fuckin mutts whatll' eat you out of house and home.
> Almost as bad as having grown offspring camp out in your basement when their
> between jobs.
> And one of the buggers snowboards as well. But not on my dime anymore. He
> wants to ride he gonna haveta work, but there doesn't seem much danger of
> that...

So why did you ever let your dog snowboard in the first place? It's dog
owners, I tell ya. Dog owners blaming society or the tee vee or
frisbees or the Alpo company or some such damn thing for their own
failure to control their dogs. Dog owners don't know how to discipline
their dogs, don't know how to say no to them, let them do whatever they
want -- including snowboard -- and then say, "Gee whiz, what happened?"
You get no sympathy from me.

--
Mary Malmros malmros@bcn.net
Some days you're the windshield, other days you're the bug.

02 Mar 2005 07:33:49
Bob Lee
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

In article <Q4qdnWEk4MzmLLjfRVn-jg@bcn.net >,
Mary Malmros <malmrosnospam@bcn.net > wrote:

> Norm wrote:
>
> > "J. Urrrk" <wibblewibblewibble@woogle.wiggle.wom> wrote in message
> >
> >>"Norm" <normgrant999@yahoo.ca> wrote in message

> >>disagree.

> >>would

> >>citizenship. You

> >>say, "You

> >>make your

> >>top of his

> >>of

> >>classrooms. Then

> >>relates to

> >>does not

> >>you.
> >>
> >>Then you're a nazi. and so is JQ. And Chas too. Fricking goose
> >>steppers. I'll bet you goose steppers snowboard and cover your
> >>nazi Subarus with this stupid yellow stickers thingies. God I
> >>hate Subarus. Anything with a horizontally opposed engine is
> >>totally nazi. And Lesbian too. Fricking Subarus with their
> >>tongue and groove body panels. Goose-stepping, troop supporting,
> >>lesbian nazi snowboarders in brown shirts. with armbands. And
> >>Mullets. God I hate mullets. Fricking hairstyle of Satan if
> >>you ask me. AstroPax has a mullet.
> >>
> >>Hmmmm. My froth runneth over. What was the topic?
> >

> > Dogs. I'm certain it was somethng about dogs.
> > Big fuckin mutts whatll' eat you out of house and home.
> > Almost as bad as having grown offspring camp out in your basement when
> > their
> > between jobs.
> > And one of the buggers snowboards as well. But not on my dime anymore. He
> > wants to ride he gonna haveta work, but there doesn't seem much danger of
> > that...
>
> So why did you ever let your dog snowboard in the first place? It's dog
> owners, I tell ya. Dog owners blaming society or the tee vee or
> frisbees or the Alpo company or some such damn thing for their own
> failure to control their dogs. Dog owners don't know how to discipline
> their dogs, don't know how to say no to them, let them do whatever they
> want -- including snowboard -- and then say, "Gee whiz, what happened?"
> You get no sympathy from me.

Don't get me started on snowboarding dogs - they're the worst!
Suckas'll stop in the middle of runs and either sniff each other's butts
or sit and lick their crotches and not care who's skiing down the run.
Plus they have four heels - you know how much heelside scraping they do
with four heels? Lots, is how much. And barking in the lift line and
pissing on poles? They're a public nuisance. If you ever have to ride
a lift with them you''ll see what a pain in the ass it is - they're all
over the place and run into you when they're off-loading. And someone
should tell them that it's all right to have clothes that fit instead of
just hanging off them all baggy an' shit. Snowboarding dogs - I hate
'em!

Bob

02 Mar 2005 12:21:59
Walt
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

Bob Lee wrote:

> Don't get me started on snowboarding dogs - they're the worst!
> Suckas'll stop in the middle of runs and either sniff each other's butts
> or sit and lick their crotches and not care who's skiing down the run.
> Plus they have four heels - you know how much heelside scraping they do
> with four heels? Lots, is how much. And barking in the lift line and
> pissing on poles? They're a public nuisance. If you ever have to ride
> a lift with them you''ll see what a pain in the ass it is - they're all
> over the place and run into you when they're off-loading. And someone
> should tell them that it's all right to have clothes that fit instead of
> just hanging off them all baggy an' shit. Snowboarding dogs - I hate
> 'em!

Actually, I think it's kind of cute how they'll stop and hump your leg
in the lift line.

--
//-Walt
//

02 Mar 2005 11:05:22
Gnarlito
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

vern93 wrote:
>> You know what I hate? Rainbows. You'll just be
> sitting there minding your own business, and they'll come marching in

> and crawl up your leg and start biting the inside of your ass - And
> you'll be all like 'Hey get out of my ASS YOU STUPID RAINBOWS!!! I'm

> talking about rainbows! I hate those friggin' things.

Sounds like a drunken rant from Judy Garland...

02 Mar 2005 13:17:50
vern93
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

In article <1109790322.364213.134680@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com >,
"Gnarlito" <Gnarlito@gmail.com > wrote:

> vern93 wrote:
> >> You know what I hate? Rainbows. You'll just be
> > sitting there minding your own business, and they'll come marching in
>
> > and crawl up your leg and start biting the inside of your ass - And
> > you'll be all like 'Hey get out of my ASS YOU STUPID RAINBOWS!!! I'm
>
> > talking about rainbows! I hate those friggin' things.
> >

> Sounds like a drunken rant from Judy Garland...

Close... it's from the first season of South Park. It still makes me
laugh. "Cartman what the hell are you talking about!??!" "Oh!
RainBOWS...."

02 Mar 2005 18:40:02
Chas12
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

Couldn't care less about a soapbox. The point that JQ missed is that the
people who are fighting that war you disagree with are also defending his
right to say he doesn't support them which in this society obligates him to
support those who are dying so he can make his statement of disagreement.

02 Mar 2005 19:11:58

> Couldn't care less about a soapbox. The point that JQ missed is that the
> people who are fighting that war you disagree with are also defending his
> right to say he doesn't support them which in this society obligates him
> to support those who are dying so he can make his statement of
> disagreement.

How do you figure they are defending my right to say I do not support them?
One, they are fighting in a war that I do not agree in. Two, the war has
nothing to do with my freedoms here in the USA. Three, my freedoms would
not have been jeopardize if Saddam is or is not in power. Four, I am not
obligated to support anyone that is killing other people in the name of
freedom that has not done harm to me, my family or friends. Five, they have
not launched a war against me or this country by invading it. You can try
to spin this war or invasion any way that you want but it is still wrong and
I will never support it or those that fight in it.

JQ
Dancing on the edge

02 Mar 2005 19:24:20
Chas12
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

JQ, lets get one thing straight. I don't support the war either. But if you
lived in Iraq or any other place WITHOUT the rights our Constitution
guarantees, you wouldn't be able to say you don't support them. You probably
would not be able to say anything. THAT is what the passage from the movie
means. Even though I totally disagree with your last statement, I defend
your right to say it no matter how it bothers me. THAT is what America is
about.

02 Mar 2005 17:31:19
snoig

> JQ, lets get one thing straight. I don't support the war either. But if
you
> lived in Iraq or any other place WITHOUT the rights our Constitution
> guarantees, you wouldn't be able to say you don't support them. You
probably
> would not be able to say anything. THAT is what the passage from the movie
> means. Even though I totally disagree with your last statement, I defend
> your right to say it no matter how it bothers me. THAT is what America is
> about.

Try telling that to these people:
http://www.cnn.com/2003/LAW/01/08/enemy.combatants/

02 Mar 2005 19:34:29
Bob Lee
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

Gnarlito wrote:

> vern93 wrote:
> >> You know what I hate? Rainbows. You'll just be
> > sitting there minding your own business, and they'll come marching in
> > and crawl up your leg and start biting the inside of your ass - And
> > you'll be all like 'Hey get out of my ASS YOU STUPID RAINBOWS!!! I'm
> > talking about rainbows! I hate those friggin' things.
>
> Sounds like a drunken rant from Judy Garland...

Whoa! Careful there, friend - do NOT mention Judy Garland to vern93!
That was a close one - usually at the mention of JG, he goes straight
into his "Clang, clang, clang goes the trolley" schtick, and I think the
only reason he didn't this time was that it isn't a full moon right now.

Or maybe you want to spend the rest of the thread listening to show
tunes.

Bob

02 Mar 2005 22:49:29
Mary Malmros
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

Bob Lee wrote:

> Gnarlito wrote:

>>>sitting there minding your own business, and they'll come marching in
>>>and crawl up your leg and start biting the inside of your ass - And
>>>you'll be all like 'Hey get out of my ASS YOU STUPID RAINBOWS!!! I'm
>>>talking about rainbows! I hate those friggin' things.
>>
>>Sounds like a drunken rant from Judy Garland...
>

> Whoa! Careful there, friend - do NOT mention Judy Garland to vern93!
> That was a close one - usually at the mention of JG, he goes straight
> into his "Clang, clang, clang goes the trolley" schtick, and I think the
> only reason he didn't this time was that it isn't a full moon right now.

Look, people. It's the beginning of March, and we do not have the
excuse of no snow for this insanity. Let's please try to get a grip, or
at least start drinking heavily so that this incoherence will make sense.

--
Mary Malmros malmros@bcn.net
Some days you're the windshield, other days you're the bug.

02 Mar 2005 19:54:23
Dave M
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

Mary Malmros wrote:

> Bob Lee wrote:
>
>> Gnarlito wrote:

>>> Sounds like a drunken rant from Judy Garland...
>>

>> Whoa! Careful there, friend - do NOT mention Judy Garland to
>> vern93! That was a close one - usually at the mention of JG, he goes
>> straight into his "Clang, clang, clang goes the trolley" schtick, and
>> I think the only reason he didn't this time was that it isn't a full
>> moon right now.
>

> Look, people. It's the beginning of March, and we do not have the
> excuse of no snow for this insanity. Let's please try to get a grip,
> or at least start drinking heavily so that this incoherence will make
> sense.

I'm on it.

Dave "stuck in the great N(ot)W(hite)" M.

03 Mar 2005 15:10:33

> Do you think anyone would notice over the shrill, whining noise of your
> grinding axe?

Well, you'd be the expert on that! Exposed yourself pretty badly there.

ant

02 Mar 2005 22:11:57
vern93
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

In article <rlee-74450A.19342902032005@individual.net >,
Bob Lee <rlee@swcp.com > wrote:

> Gnarlito wrote:

> > > sitting there minding your own business, and they'll come marching in
> > > and crawl up your leg and start biting the inside of your ass - And
> > > you'll be all like 'Hey get out of my ASS YOU STUPID RAINBOWS!!! I'm
> > > talking about rainbows! I hate those friggin' things.
> >
> > Sounds like a drunken rant from Judy Garland...
>
> Whoa! Careful there, friend - do NOT mention Judy Garland to vern93!
> That was a close one - usually at the mention of JG, he goes straight
> into his "Clang, clang, clang goes the trolley" schtick, and I think the
> only reason he didn't this time was that it isn't a full moon right now.
>
> Or maybe you want to spend the rest of the thread listening to show
> tunes.
>
> Bob

Now you've done it:

Oklahoma, where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain,
And the wavin' wheat can sure smell sweet
When the wind comes right behind the rain.
Oklahoma, ev'ry night my honey lamb and I
Sit alone and talk and watch a hawk makin' lazy circles in the sky.

We know we belong to the land
And the land we belong to is grand!
And when we say - Yeeow] A-yip-i-o-ee ay!
We're only sayin' You're doin' fine, Oklahoma! Oklahoma - O.K.

02 Mar 2005 21:28:26
Bob Lee
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

In article <VridnTr9lMnTFLvfRVn-2Q@bcn.net >,
Mary Malmros <malmrosnospam@bcn.net > wrote:

> Bob Lee wrote:
>
> > Gnarlito wrote:

> >>Sounds like a drunken rant from Judy Garland...
> >

> > Whoa! Careful there, friend - do NOT mention Judy Garland to vern93!
> > That was a close one - usually at the mention of JG, he goes straight
> > into his "Clang, clang, clang goes the trolley" schtick, and I think the
> > only reason he didn't this time was that it isn't a full moon right now.
>
> Look, people. It's the beginning of March, and we do not have the
> excuse of no snow for this insanity. Let's please try to get a grip, or
> at least start drinking heavily so that this incoherence will make sense.

You're not a Judy Garland fan? It's only one of the greatest songs
*ever*. From "Meet Me In St. Louis":

Artist: Judy Garland
Song: The Trolley Song
Lyrics

~ALL~
Clang ,clang, clang went the trolley
Ding, ding, ding went the bell
Zing, zing, zing went my heartstrings as we started for Huntington Dell.
Chug, chug, chug went the motor
Bump, bump, bump went the brake
Thump, thump, thump went my heartstrings as we glided for Huntington
Lake.
The day was bright, the air was sweet
The smell of honeysuckle charmed me off my feet
I tried to sing, but couldn squeak
In fact I felt so good I couldn even speak
Buzz, buzz, buzz went the buzzer
Time to all disembark,
Time to fall went my heartstrings as we got off at Huntington Park
As we got off at Huntington Park.

~Judy~
With my high-starched collar, and my high-topped shoes
And my hair piled high upon my head
I went to lose a jolly hour on the Trolley and lost my heart instead.
With his light brown derby and his bright green tie
He was quite the handsomest of men
I started to yen, so I counted to ten the I counted to ten again
Clang, clang, clang went the trolley
Ding, ding, ding went the bell
Zing, zing, zing went my heartstrings
From the moment I saw him I fell
Chug, chug, chug went the motor
Bump, bump, bump went the brake
Thump, thump, thump went my heartstrings
When he smiled I could feel the car shake
He tipped his hat, and took a seat
He said he hoped he hadn stepped upon my feet
He asked my name, I held my breath
I couldn speak because he scared me half to death
Chug, chug, chug went the motor
Plop, plop, plop went the wheels
Stop, stop, stop went my heartstrings
As he started to go then I started to know how it feels
When the universe reels

~All~
The day was bright, the air was sweet
The smell of honeysuckle charmed you off you?e feet
You tried to sing, but couldn squeaks
In fact, you loved him so you couldn even speak

~Judy~
Buzz, buzz, buzz went the buzzer
Plop, plop, plop went the wheels
Stop, stop, stop went my heartstrings
As he started to leave I took hold of his sleeve with my hand
And as if it were planned he stay on with me
And it was grand just to stand with his hand holding mine
To the end of the line

http://www.garyrog.50megs.com/midi/trolleysong.mid

Fabulous!

Ear-worm Bob

02 Mar 2005 22:04:06
J. Urrrk
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

"Bob Lee" <rlee@swcp.com > wrote in message
> In article <VridnTr9lMnTFLvfRVn-2Q@bcn.net>,
> Mary Malmros <malmrosnospam@bcn.net> wrote:
>
> > Bob Lee wrote:

RAINBOWS!!! I'm

> > > Whoa! Careful there, friend - do NOT mention Judy Garland to
vern93!
> > > That was a close one - usually at the mention of JG, he goes
straight
> > > into his "Clang, clang, clang goes the trolley" schtick, and I
think the
> > > only reason he didn't this time was that it isn't a full moon
right now.

> > Look, people. It's the beginning of March, and we do not have
the
> > excuse of no snow for this insanity. Let's please try to get a
grip, or
> > at least start drinking heavily so that this incoherence will
make sense.

> You're not a Judy Garland fan? It's only one of the greatest songs
> *ever*. From "Meet Me In St. Louis":
>
> Artist: Judy Garland
> Song: The Trolley Song
> Lyrics
>
> ~ALL~
> Clang ,clang, clang went the trolley

<mercy snip >

> To the end of the line
>
> http://www.garyrog.50megs.com/midi/trolleysong.mid
>
> Fabulous!

Uhhhh, Bob? Are you *sure* you and Vern aren't gay?

NTTAWWT. ('cos I took my prozac, and there's not much
wrong with anything today, even the god-damned rainbow
that keeping humping my ass. And If I wasn't already so
damned happy about everything, I might be a little
*teensy* bit upset that I get a fucking six-foot trout
to follow me through the grocery store like a sexual
predator instead of Reese Witherspoon like I ordered.)

-J. Urrrk, Trying to muster up a mild dislike of that
fishy smell

02 Mar 2005 22:09:07

> Look, people. It's the beginning of March, and we do not have the
> excuse of no snow for this insanity.

A motion from the floor for the senator from the great state of
Vermont to speak for her own damned winter. There ain't been
no snow in this here state since January 3rd or something like
that.

And now we return you to your irregularly scheduled showtunes:

"I'm singing in the rain,
just singing in the rain,
what a glorious feeling!
I'm happy again...

-J. Urrrk, Happy

03 Mar 2005 08:20:54
Mary Malmros
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

ant wrote:

> "Mary Malmros" <malmrosnospam@bcn.net> wrote in message
>

>>Do you think anyone would notice over the shrill, whining noise of your
>>grinding axe?
>

> Well, you'd be the expert on that! Exposed yourself pretty badly there.

Right, ant, whatever. Tell you what. I'll extend an official offer to
bury the axe. Deal?

--
Mary Malmros malmros@bcn.net
Some days you're the windshield, other days you're the bug.

03 Mar 2005 08:23:03
Mary Malmros
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

Bob Lee wrote:

> In article <VridnTr9lMnTFLvfRVn-2Q@bcn.net>,
> Mary Malmros <malmrosnospam@bcn.net> wrote:
>

>>Bob Lee wrote:

>>>Whoa! Careful there, friend - do NOT mention Judy Garland to vern93!
>>>That was a close one - usually at the mention of JG, he goes straight
>>>into his "Clang, clang, clang goes the trolley" schtick, and I think the
>>>only reason he didn't this time was that it isn't a full moon right now.
>>
>>Look, people. It's the beginning of March, and we do not have the
>>excuse of no snow for this insanity. Let's please try to get a grip, or
>>at least start drinking heavily so that this incoherence will make sense.
>

> You're not a Judy Garland fan? It's only one of the greatest songs
> *ever*. From "Meet Me In St. Louis":

I know it, I know it. But the first time I heard it, I swear it was
some semi-live version where Judy kinda screwed up and forgot some of
the words. She had the wheels going thump, thump, thump or some damn
thing. "Stay far away" I thought, and have kept that resolve ever since.

--
Mary Malmros malmros@bcn.net
Some days you're the windshield, other days you're the bug.

03 Mar 2005 08:24:55
Mary Malmros
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

J. Urrrk wrote:

> "Mary Malmros" <malmrosnospam@bcn.net> wrote in message
>
>>Look, people. It's the beginning of March, and we do not have the
>>excuse of no snow for this insanity.
>

> A motion from the floor for the senator from the great state of
> Vermont to speak for her own damned winter. There ain't been
> no snow in this here state since January 3rd or something like
> that.

I'm not from Vermont, I'm from just barely south of Vermont.

(But it still is winter here, hee! May I suggest human sacrifices?)

--
Mary Malmros malmros@bcn.net
Some days you're the windshield, other days you're the bug.

03 Mar 2005 09:51:54
Walt
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

Mary Malmros wrote:
> Bob Lee wrote:
>> Gnarlito wrote:

>>> Sounds like a drunken rant from Judy Garland...
>>

>> Whoa! Careful there, friend - do NOT mention Judy Garland to vern93!
>> That was a close one - usually at the mention of JG, he goes straight
>> into his "Clang, clang, clang goes the trolley" schtick, and I think
>> the only reason he didn't this time was that it isn't a full moon
>> right now.
>

> Look, people. It's the beginning of March, and we do not have the
> excuse of no snow for this insanity. Let's please try to get a grip, or
> at least start drinking heavily so that this incoherence will make sense.

Start?

--
//-Walt
//

03 Mar 2005 10:24:16
Walt
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

Bob Lee wrote:

> You're not a Judy Garland fan? It's only one of the greatest songs
> *ever*. From "Meet Me In St. Louis":
>
> http://www.garyrog.50megs.com/midi/trolleysong.mid
>
> Fabulous!
>
> Ear-worm Bob

Oh, thank god it's only the Trolly Song.

I was afraid you'd start singing the Candy Man:

"Who can take a rainbow
that crawls right up you ass..."

--
//-Walt
//

03 Mar 2005 09:36:16
vern93
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

In article <A_FVd.250$Ql3.178@news.itd.umich.edu >,
Walt <walt_askier@YerBootsyahoo.com > wrote:

> Oh, thank god it's only the Trolly Song.
>
> I was afraid you'd start singing the Candy Man:
>
> "Who can take a rainbow
> that crawls right up you ass..."

God, I hate rainbows.

"There's no business
Like Snow Business...."

(got nothin' - you win)

Dave

03 Mar 2005 19:21:05

> J. Urrrk wrote:
>
> > "Mary Malmros" <malmrosnospam@bcn.net> wrote in message
> >
> >>Look, people. It's the beginning of March, and we do not have
the
> >>excuse of no snow for this insanity.
> >

> > A motion from the floor for the senator from the great state of
> > Vermont to speak for her own damned winter. There ain't been
> > no snow in this here state since January 3rd or something like
> > that.
>
> I'm not from Vermont, I'm from just barely south of Vermont.

So that's like... what, Georgia or something? Connecticut?
Tehran? Throw me a biscuit, here, pretty much all of the
dang world is east of here, except for Alaska, and that's
so nowhere it counts for negative world.

> (But it still is winter here, hee! May I suggest human
sacrifices?)

Grrr. What you doing Saturday night? Got a white muslin robe?

J. Urrrk, looking for an altar.

03 Mar 2005 22:42:51
Mary Malmros
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

J. Urrrk wrote:

> "Mary Malmros" <malmrosnospam@bcn.net> wrote in message
>
>>J. Urrrk wrote:
>>

>>>"Mary Malmros" <malmrosnospam@bcn.net> wrote in message

> the

>>>A motion from the floor for the senator from the great state of
>>>Vermont to speak for her own damned winter. There ain't been
>>>no snow in this here state since January 3rd or something like
>>>that.
>>
>>I'm not from Vermont, I'm from just barely south of Vermont.
>>

> So that's like... what, Georgia or something? Connecticut?
> Tehran? Throw me a biscuit, here, pretty much all of the
> dang world is east of here, except for Alaska, and that's
> so nowhere it counts for negative world.

Massachusetts. It's the only state directly and due south of VT, which
is a not-very-wide state.

>>(But it still is winter here, hee! May I suggest human
>
> sacrifices?)
>
> Grrr. What you doing Saturday night? Got a white muslin robe?

No, but I might have an old Laura Ashley nightgown somewhere.

--
Mary Malmros malmros@bcn.net
Some days you're the windshield, other days you're the bug.

03 Mar 2005 22:27:54
vern93
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

In article <8omdna5zw79ZTbrfRVn-tA@speakeasy.net >,
"J. Urrrk" <wibblewibblewibble@woogle.wiggle.wom > wrote:

> So that's like... what, Georgia or something? Connecticut?
> Tehran? Throw me a biscuit, here, pretty much all of the
> dang world is east of here, except for Alaska, and that's
> so nowhere it counts for negative world.

I got you beat. Saturday, I move to an island in the middle of the
pacific. You'll be east of me, easterner. I understand you can
actually ski (or board) somewhere on the big island. Has anyone here
done that?

03 Mar 2005 21:18:09
The Real Bev
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

vern93 wrote:

> "J. Urrrk" <wibblewibblewibble@woogle.wiggle.wom> wrote:
>
> > So that's like... what, Georgia or something? Connecticut?
> > Tehran? Throw me a biscuit, here, pretty much all of the
> > dang world is east of here, except for Alaska, and that's
> > so nowhere it counts for negative world.
>
> I got you beat. Saturday, I move to an island in the middle of the
> pacific. You'll be east of me, easterner. I understand you can
> actually ski (or board) somewhere on the big island. Has anyone here
> done that?

Not me, but somebody has...

http://www.hawaiisnowskiclub.com/Mk/

--
Cheers, Bev
"I've had a Lucas pacemaker for years and have

04 Mar 2005 16:36:52

> ant wrote:
>
>> "Mary Malmros" <malmrosnospam@bcn.net> wrote in message
>>

>>>Do you think anyone would notice over the shrill, whining noise of your
>>>grinding axe?
>>

>> Well, you'd be the expert on that! Exposed yourself pretty badly there.
>
> Right, ant, whatever. Tell you what. I'll extend an official offer to
> bury the axe. Deal?

fine. just remember, every time you come out with some nasty little comment,
I'll raise you one and double it. I'm sure you are used to this, after all.

ant

03 Mar 2005 23:00:11

> J. Urrrk wrote:
>
> > "Mary Malmros" <malmrosnospam@bcn.net> wrote in message

> > the

> >>I'm not from Vermont, I'm from just barely south of Vermont.
> >>

> > So that's like... what, Georgia or something? Connecticut?
> > Tehran? Throw me a biscuit, here, pretty much all of the
> > dang world is east of here, except for Alaska, and that's
> > so nowhere it counts for negative world.
>
> Massachusetts. It's the only state directly and due south of VT,
which
> is a not-very-wide state.

I thought Massachusetts was south of New Hampshire. It must
be a very wide state to be south of two others. Maybe even
like Nebraska. Tell me more of this wide state of yours.
Do they have a Corn Palace? Flushing Toilets? Running
Refrigerators? How long does it take to catch a refrigerator
when it runs?

> >>(But it still is winter here, hee! May I suggest human
> >
> > sacrifices?)
> >
> > Grrr. What you doing Saturday night? Got a white muslin robe?
>
> No, but I might have an old Laura Ashley nightgown somewhere.

Not virginal enough. The snow gods will never be appeased. I
might as well sacrifice myself while wearing a leopard skin
g-string and you know what a scandal that would be.

J. Urrrk, Professional Wingnut.

03 Mar 2005 23:03:51
J. Urrrk
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

"vern93" <vern93@comcast.net > wrote in message
> In article <8omdna5zw79ZTbrfRVn-tA@speakeasy.net>,
> "J. Urrrk" <wibblewibblewibble@woogle.wiggle.wom> wrote:
>
> > So that's like... what, Georgia or something? Connecticut?
> > Tehran? Throw me a biscuit, here, pretty much all of the
> > dang world is east of here, except for Alaska, and that's
> > so nowhere it counts for negative world.
>
> I got you beat. Saturday, I move to an island in the middle of the
> pacific. You'll be east of me, easterner. I understand you can
> actually ski (or board) somewhere on the big island. Has anyone
here
> done that?

Oh probably, but I would take up surfing if I was you. Shouldn't
you be packing or something?

-J. Urrrk. So Jealous.

04 Mar 2005 04:30:38
vern93
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

In article <a6ydnZsMp5kDmLXfRVn-hw@speakeasy.net >,
"J. Urrrk" <wibblewibblewibble@woogle.wiggle.wom > wrote:

> "vern93" <vern93@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > In article <8omdna5zw79ZTbrfRVn-tA@speakeasy.net>,
> > "J. Urrrk" <wibblewibblewibble@woogle.wiggle.wom> wrote:
> >
> > > So that's like... what, Georgia or something? Connecticut?
> > > Tehran? Throw me a biscuit, here, pretty much all of the
> > > dang world is east of here, except for Alaska, and that's
> > > so nowhere it counts for negative world.
> >
> > I got you beat. Saturday, I move to an island in the middle of the
> > pacific. You'll be east of me, easterner. I understand you can
> > actually ski (or board) somewhere on the big island. Has anyone
> here
> > done that?
> >
> Oh probably, but I would take up surfing if I was you. Shouldn't
> you be packing or something?

Oh yeah. This is what is commonly called "avoidant behaviour." Usually
when I have something going on that I don't want to deal with - I become
all interested in the Usenets on the internets.

I am going to take up surfing - but the on time I tried it before, I
fatigued my shoulder muscles so much paddling that by the time my lesson
was over, I looked like a retarded turtle. I could only paddle at my
wrists - nothing else would move. I hadn't been that demoralised since
I first took up snowboarding and fell something 3000x the same day.

Dave

04 Mar 2005 04:32:13
vern93
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

In article <4227EF91.1182F7DC@myrealbox.com >,
The Real Bev <bashley@myrealbox.com > wrote:

> vern93 wrote:
> >
> > "J. Urrrk" <wibblewibblewibble@woogle.wiggle.wom> wrote:
> >
> > > So that's like... what, Georgia or something? Connecticut?
> > > Tehran? Throw me a biscuit, here, pretty much all of the
> > > dang world is east of here, except for Alaska, and that's
> > > so nowhere it counts for negative world.
> >
> > I got you beat. Saturday, I move to an island in the middle of the
> > pacific. You'll be east of me, easterner. I understand you can
> > actually ski (or board) somewhere on the big island. Has anyone here
> > done that?
>
> Not me, but somebody has...
>
> http://www.hawaiisnowskiclub.com/Mk/

Odin bless you!!! THis is why I love the internets in general and the
usenets specifically :)

dave

04 Mar 2005 08:24:34
Mary Malmros
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

ant wrote:

> "Mary Malmros" <malmrosnospam@bcn.net> wrote in message
>
>>ant wrote:
>>

>>>"Mary Malmros" <malmrosnospam@bcn.net> wrote in message

>>>Well, you'd be the expert on that! Exposed yourself pretty badly there.
>>
>>Right, ant, whatever. Tell you what. I'll extend an official offer to
>>bury the axe. Deal?
>

> fine. just remember, every time you come out with some nasty little comment,
> I'll raise you one and double it. I'm sure you are used to this, after all.

Uh...right. That's not exactly what I'd call burying the hatchet, or at
least, not burying it in the _ground_. I'll check back when you move
into a more peaceful-minded phase of your life.

--
Mary Malmros malmros@bcn.net
Some days you're the windshield, other days you're the bug.

04 Mar 2005 08:27:39
Mary Malmros
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

J. Urrrk wrote:

> "Mary Malmros" <malmrosnospam@bcn.net> wrote in message
>
>>J. Urrrk wrote:
>>

>>>"Mary Malmros" <malmrosnospam@bcn.net> wrote in message

>>>the

>>>So that's like... what, Georgia or something? Connecticut?
>>>Tehran? Throw me a biscuit, here, pretty much all of the
>>>dang world is east of here, except for Alaska, and that's
>>>so nowhere it counts for negative world.
>>
>>Massachusetts. It's the only state directly and due south of VT,
>
> which
>
>>is a not-very-wide state.
>>

> I thought Massachusetts was south of New Hampshire. It must
> be a very wide state to be south of two others.

No no, it's just that those two are about the skinniest states in These
United.

> Maybe even
> like Nebraska. Tell me more of this wide state of yours.
> Do they have a Corn Palace? Flushing Toilets? Running
> Refrigerators? How long does it take to catch a refrigerator
> when it runs?

They don't run very far here. In suburbia, they get flattened by SUVs,
and in the rural areas, we shoot 'em and tie 'em to the bumper.

>>>sacrifices?)
>>>
>>>Grrr. What you doing Saturday night? Got a white muslin robe?
>>
>>No, but I might have an old Laura Ashley nightgown somewhere.
>>

> Not virginal enough. The snow gods will never be appeased.

Yeah, well, considering that Laura Ashley nightgowns were all the thing
when I was in college and that it wasn't a very virginal place, it
probably wouldn't work. But I said _human_ sacrifices; why's it always
got to be a virgin?

> might as well sacrifice myself while wearing a leopard skin
> g-string and you know what a scandal that would be.

Only if you clash.

> J. Urrrk, Professional Wingnut.

M. Malmros, Fashion Catastrophe.

--
Mary Malmros malmros@bcn.net
Some days you're the windshield, other days you're the bug.

04 Mar 2005 10:38:05
Walt
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

J. Urrrk wrote:

> "vern93" <vern93@comcast.net> wrote

>> Saturday, I move to an island in the middle of the
>>pacific. You'll be east of me, easterner. I understand you can
>>actually ski (or board) somewhere on the big island. Has anyone
> here done that?
>>

> Oh probably, but I would take up surfing if I was you. Shouldn't
> you be packing or something?

You've seen too many episodes of Hawaii 5-0. I don't think it's that
dangerous there.

--
//-Walt
//

04 Mar 2005 11:07:39
VtSkier
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

J. Urrrk wrote:
> "Mary Malmros" <malmrosnospam@bcn.net> wrote in message
>>

> I thought Massachusetts was south of New Hampshire. It must
> be a very wide state to be south of two others. Maybe even
> like Nebraska. Tell me more of this wide state of yours.
> Do they have a Corn Palace? Flushing Toilets? Running
> Refrigerators? How long does it take to catch a refrigerator
> when it runs?

Yes, Massachusetts is wide enough to be (and is) south of
both New Hampshire and Vermont. They even have a few mountains
worthy of being called such... in the part south of Vermont.

>>>Grrr. What you doing Saturday night? Got a white muslin robe?
>>
>>No, but I might have an old Laura Ashley nightgown somewhere.

Uhmmmmmmmmmmm

04 Mar 2005 08:29:50
Jeff
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

vern93 wrote:

> I got you beat. Saturday, I move to an island in the middle of the
> pacific. You'll be east of me, easterner. I understand you can
> actually ski (or board) somewhere on the big island. Has anyone here

> done that?

No, but I covered it:
http://blogdayafternoon.com/pages.php?page=Ski+Hawaii

Cheers,
Jeff

04 Mar 2005 13:40:38
The Real Bev
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

vern93 wrote:

> I am going to take up surfing - but the on time I tried it before, I
> fatigued my shoulder muscles so much paddling that by the time my lesson
> was over, I looked like a retarded turtle. I could only paddle at my
> wrists - nothing else would move. I hadn't been that demoralised since
> I first took up snowboarding and fell something 3000x the same day.

I never had access to a surfboard or anybody to show me how to do it,
but we rented those sturdy inflatable thingies and "surfed" with those.
You lie down on it and paddle with your legs. Just a thought.

--
Cheers, Bev
(On going to war over religion:) "You're basically killing each other

04 Mar 2005 16:24:35
vern93
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

In article <4228D5D6.6AA5F724@myrealbox.com >,
The Real Bev <bashley@myrealbox.com > wrote:

> vern93 wrote:
>
> > I am going to take up surfing - but the on time I tried it before, I
> > fatigued my shoulder muscles so much paddling that by the time my lesson
> > was over, I looked like a retarded turtle. I could only paddle at my
> > wrists - nothing else would move. I hadn't been that demoralised since
> > I first took up snowboarding and fell something 3000x the same day.
>
> I never had access to a surfboard or anybody to show me how to do it,
> but we rented those sturdy inflatable thingies and "surfed" with those.
> You lie down on it and paddle with your legs. Just a thought.

But that's not *surfing* Look, so people are great humanitarians, some
are great athletes, some are geniuses. I happen to be a world class
poser. Inflatable rafts will *not* create to proper false impression
I'm intending to make. You think I snowboard becuase I like it?!?!?
Hell no! It's all the image, *my* image, as a SUV driving, mountain dew
drinking, snowboarding, 40 year old POSER! ;)

Dave (still packing, I'm stopping off in SLC for a week on the way to
Oahu)

04 Mar 2005 15:38:52
J. Urrrk
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

"Walt" <walt_askier@YerBootsyahoo.com > wrote in message
> J. Urrrk wrote:
>
> > "vern93" <vern93@comcast.net> wrote
>
> >> Saturday, I move to an island in the middle of the
> >>pacific. You'll be east of me, easterner. I understand you can
> >>actually ski (or board) somewhere on the big island. Has anyone
> > here done that?
> >>

> > Oh probably, but I would take up surfing if I was you. Shouldn't
> > you be packing or something?
>
> You've seen too many episodes of Hawaii 5-0. I don't think it's
that
> dangerous there.

Dude, there's like sharks and killer waves. If I were Dave I'd be
hot-loading some rounds for my .50 Action Eagle Express. It takes
a pretty powerful handgun to stop a 6 foot swell.

Last time I was there, a wave accosted my wife and tried to rip
her bikini off. Had I been suitably armed I could have dropped
the miscreant in its tide, but no, I figured "Tropical Island
Paradise" and left my handguns at home. As it was I because so
aroused with the situation and all, that I had to haul my wife
back to the hotel room and tear her bikini off her myself. That
was kinda fun.

-J. Urrrk, Kinda Fun Person.

04 Mar 2005 15:42:29

> In article <4228D5D6.6AA5F724@myrealbox.com>,
> The Real Bev <bashley@myrealbox.com> wrote:
>
> > vern93 wrote:
> >
> > > I am going to take up surfing - but the on time I tried it
before, I
> > > fatigued my shoulder muscles so much paddling that by the time
my lesson
> > > was over, I looked like a retarded turtle. I could only paddle
at my
> > > wrists - nothing else would move. I hadn't been that
demoralised since
> > > I first took up snowboarding and fell something 3000x the same
day.

> > I never had access to a surfboard or anybody to show me how to do
it,
> > but we rented those sturdy inflatable thingies and "surfed" with
those.
> > You lie down on it and paddle with your legs. Just a thought.
>
> But that's not *surfing* Look, so people are great humanitarians,
some
> are great athletes, some are geniuses. I happen to be a world
class
> poser. Inflatable rafts will *not* create to proper false
impression
> I'm intending to make. You think I snowboard becuase I like
it?!?!?
> Hell no! It's all the image, *my* image, as a SUV driving,
mountain dew
> drinking, snowboarding, 40 year old POSER! ;)

That's why I like boat surfing. No paddling. Just grab the
rope and let the engine do all the work.

Then you only have to figure out how to stay on top of the
boat, stay in that wake and throw the rope back into the
boat without doing a header onto the swim step.

-J. Urrrk, Skillful.

04 Mar 2005 16:30:27

> J. Urrrk wrote:
>
> > "Mary Malmros" <malmrosnospam@bcn.net> wrote in message

> >>No, but I might have an old Laura Ashley nightgown somewhere.
> >>

> > Not virginal enough. The snow gods will never be appeased.
>
> Yeah, well, considering that Laura Ashley nightgowns were all the
thing
> when I was in college and that it wasn't a very virginal place,

Aren't Laura Ashley nightgowns kinda frumpy for "not very
virginal" activities? Who am I to speak though, When I was
in college we thought that skinny ties and punk band buttons
on the lapels of our jackets would lend us the kind of urbane
sophistication necessary to entice members of the opposite
sex into non-virginal activities. The irony is that we
thought ourselves to be so superior to the troglodytes that
blared the Scorpions from the Camaros in order to achieve
the same end.

Now that I'm older and wiser, I can see the error of my ways.
Women really do want to be "rocked like a hurricane" by
balding German heavy metal singers.

> it
> probably wouldn't work. But I said _human_ sacrifices; why's it
always
> got to be a virgin?

It doesn't have to be a virgin. But we're in a heck of a
fix here, so I thought it would be best to be more virginal
than not, on the theory that the snow gods (goddesses) were
predisposed to virgin sacrifices. For all I know, they
prefer TV sets.

> > might as well sacrifice myself while wearing a leopard skin
> > g-string and you know what a scandal that would be.
>
> Only if you clash.

I look better in blue. Matches my hair.

> > J. Urrrk, Professional Wingnut.
>
> M. Malmros, Fashion Catastrophe.

J. Urrrk, Loved for his G-String.

04 Mar 2005 21:44:29
Mary Malmros
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

J. Urrrk wrote:

> "Mary Malmros" <malmrosnospam@bcn.net> wrote in message
>
>>J. Urrrk wrote:
>>

>>>"Mary Malmros" <malmrosnospam@bcn.net> wrote in message

>>>Not virginal enough. The snow gods will never be appeased.
>>
>>Yeah, well, considering that Laura Ashley nightgowns were all the
>
> thing
>
>>when I was in college and that it wasn't a very virginal place,
>

> Aren't Laura Ashley nightgowns kinda frumpy for "not very
> virginal" activities?

People can fetishize _anything_.

> Who am I to speak though, When I was
> in college we thought that skinny ties and punk band buttons
> on the lapels of our jackets would lend us the kind of urbane
> sophistication necessary to entice members of the opposite
> sex into non-virginal activities.

Lemme guess. Haircut 100?

> The irony is that we
> thought ourselves to be so superior to the troglodytes that
> blared the Scorpions from the Camaros in order to achieve
> the same end.
>
> Now that I'm older and wiser, I can see the error of my ways.
> Women really do want to be "rocked like a hurricane" by
> balding German heavy metal singers.

Some of us don't have the high-hair to pull that one off.

>>it
>>probably wouldn't work. But I said _human_ sacrifices; why's it
>
> always
>
>>got to be a virgin?
>>

> It doesn't have to be a virgin. But we're in a heck of a
> fix here, so I thought it would be best to be more virginal
> than not, on the theory that the snow gods (goddesses) were
> predisposed to virgin sacrifices. For all I know, they
> prefer TV sets.

Well, it's your problem. We've got another storm coming Monday!

>>>might as well sacrifice myself while wearing a leopard skin
>>>g-string and you know what a scandal that would be.
>>
>>Only if you clash.
>

> I look better in blue. Matches my hair.
>

>>>J. Urrrk, Professional Wingnut.
>>
>>M. Malmros, Fashion Catastrophe.
>>

> J. Urrrk, Loved for his G-String.

I can't keep up. I'll just sign myself:

M. Malmros, Going Skiing Again Tomorrow.

--
Mary Malmros malmros@bcn.net
Some days you're the windshield, other days you're the bug.

04 Mar 2005 21:06:39
pigo
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

"vern93" <vern93@comcast.net > wrote in message

> Dave (still packing, I'm stopping off in SLC for a week on the way
> Oahu)

I hope you have the decency to stop off at Fiddlers and tip a few
(dozen) while you're here.

I just had a couple with Nate. Nice guy. He missed the last few
invaders by 3 days. Too bad.

When do you travel?

pigo

04 Mar 2005 22:40:05

> J. Urrrk wrote:
>
> > "Mary Malmros" <malmrosnospam@bcn.net> wrote in message

> >>Yeah, well, considering that Laura Ashley nightgowns were all the
> >
> > thing
> >
> >>when I was in college and that it wasn't a very virginal place,
> >

> > Aren't Laura Ashley nightgowns kinda frumpy for "not very
> > virginal" activities?
>
> People can fetishize _anything_.

Don't get me started. I can't even look at a woman in Sorel
boots without taking a cold shower immediately.

> > Who am I to speak though, When I was
> > in college we thought that skinny ties and punk band buttons
> > on the lapels of our jackets would lend us the kind of urbane
> > sophistication necessary to entice members of the opposite
> > sex into non-virginal activities.
>
> Lemme guess. Haircut 100?

Flock of Seagulls. Not that that's anything to brag about.
Jello Biafra landed on me once. I'm good that way.

> > The irony is that we
> > thought ourselves to be so superior to the troglodytes that
> > blared the Scorpions from the Camaros in order to achieve
> > the same end.
> >
> > Now that I'm older and wiser, I can see the error of my ways.
> > Women really do want to be "rocked like a hurricane" by
> > balding German heavy metal singers.
>
> Some of us don't have the high-hair to pull that one off.

Egg-whites. A little poor self esteem wouldn't hurt either.

> >>it
> >>probably wouldn't work. But I said _human_ sacrifices; why's it
> >
> > always
> >
> >>got to be a virgin?
> >>

> > It doesn't have to be a virgin. But we're in a heck of a
> > fix here, so I thought it would be best to be more virginal
> > than not, on the theory that the snow gods (goddesses) were
> > predisposed to virgin sacrifices. For all I know, they
> > prefer TV sets.
>
> Well, it's your problem. We've got another storm coming Monday!

You Bastards!

> >>Only if you clash.
> >

> > I look better in blue. Matches my hair.

> >>M. Malmros, Fashion Catastrophe.
> >>

> > J. Urrrk, Loved for his G-String.
>
> I can't keep up. I'll just sign myself:
>
> M. Malmros, Going Skiing Again Tomorrow.

let me help you:

> M. Malmros, Bastard.

J. Urrrk, Fucked, oh so terribly fucked.

04 Mar 2005 22:54:29

> ant wrote:
>
> > "Mary Malmros" <malmrosnospam@bcn.net> wrote in message

> >>Right, ant, whatever. Tell you what. I'll extend an official
offer to
> >>bury the axe. Deal?
> >

> > fine. just remember, every time you come out with some nasty
little comment,
> > I'll raise you one and double it. I'm sure you are used to this,
after all.

> Uh...right. That's not exactly what I'd call burying the hatchet,
or at
> least, not burying it in the _ground_. I'll check back when you
move
> into a more peaceful-minded phase of your life.

Do I hear "RSA Jello Wrestling Challenge?"

I think I do.

So my card has Astro vs. klaus in a steel cage heli match for
the opener. Mary vs. Ant in the second match. Pigo vs. the
english language in the third. Chuck vs Science in a pure
logic only match in the fourth, Jeff vs. his blog in a duelling
hyperlinks match for the the fifth. Jeff Davis vs reality in the
imaginary sixth round. Myself vs French Women's ski team in a
battle royale format for the grand finale, and a special guest
appearance of klaus vs ButtDawg in the "Legends of RSA" round
(that was truly the only flame war worth reading ever.)

-J. Urrrk, Afficianado and Impressario.

05 Mar 2005 05:50:38
vern93
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

In article <r4Kdnd4-K7KprLTfRVn-iQ@comcast.com >,
"pigo" <pigopowderPANTS@yahoo.com > wrote:

> "vern93" <vern93@comcast.net> wrote in message
>

> > Dave (still packing, I'm stopping off in SLC for a week on the way
> > Oahu)
>
> I hope you have the decency to stop off at Fiddlers and tip a few
> (dozen) while you're here.
>
> I just had a couple with Nate. Nice guy. He missed the last few
> invaders by 3 days. Too bad.
>
> When do you travel?

Today! A smarter man might not have included a week long snowboarding
side-trip with a 5000 mile move, but it seemed like a really good idea
three months ago.

I'm meeting a bunch of old friends there and it'll be really good to
see them - we've been doing this trip for ~10 years now.

but I CHALLENGE ANY OF YOU RSA COWARDS WHO LACK THE MORAL
INTEGROUSNESS who have the balls (well do you? Do you have THE
BALLS!?!) to meet me so that I can buy you a pitcher and you can piss
your pants in fear while we sing show tunes and discuss this weeks
"South Park" and "Scrubs." I am a far better poser than any of you
could ever hope to be and eat more hot wings in one sitting than any you
will eat in your whole sad pathetic lives.

Dave

(this is my last usenet post for a couple of weeks, as they don't have
comcast in Hawaii - but I'll read the antics via google)

05 Mar 2005 08:09:05

> Today! A smarter man might not have included a week long
> snowboarding
> side-trip with a 5000 mile move, but it seemed like a really good
> idea
> three months ago.

Let's hope you check this before you go if you don't already have my
number. 801-641-4736

> I'm meeting a bunch of old friends there and it'll be really good
> see them - we've been doing this trip for ~10 years now.
>
> but I CHALLENGE ANY OF YOU RSA COWARDS WHO LACK THE MORAL
> INTEGROUSNESS who have the balls (well do you? Do you have THE
> BALLS!?!) to meet me so that I can buy you a pitcher and you can
> piss
> your pants in fear while we sing show tunes and discuss this weeks
> "South Park" and "Scrubs." I am a far better poser than any of you
> could ever hope to be and eat more hot wings in one sitting than
> any you
> will eat in your whole sad pathetic lives.

Ahhhh.....you'll probably just chicken out again. And I think *I* owe
*you* the pitcher.

pigo

05 Mar 2005 11:35:10
VtSkier
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

J. Urrrk wrote:

> Do I hear "RSA Jello Wrestling Challenge?"
>
> I think I do.
>
> So my card has Astro vs. klaus in a steel cage heli match for
> the opener. Mary vs. Ant in the second match. Pigo vs. the
> english language in the third. Chuck vs Science in a pure
> logic only match in the fourth, Jeff vs. his blog in a duelling
> hyperlinks match for the the fifth. Jeff Davis vs reality in the
> imaginary sixth round. Myself vs French Women's ski team in a
> battle royale format for the grand finale, and a special guest
> appearance of klaus vs ButtDawg in the "Legends of RSA" round
> (that was truly the only flame war worth reading ever.)
>
> -J. Urrrk, Afficianado and Impressario.

Jeez, I feel left out. How 'bout VtSkier vs. Yunlong in a
war of words.

By the way, the "Jello" has to be "Jello shots".
I have a friend who makes these using anatomically correct
jello moulds. Attend the next Bear Mountain Mogul Challenge
at Killington in April and visit the Ambassador tent for
a peek.

07 Mar 2005 09:46:48
Walt
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

VtSkier wrote:

>> Do I hear "RSA Jello Wrestling Challenge?"
>>
>> I think I do.
>>
>> So my card has Astro vs. klaus in a steel cage heli match for
>> the opener. Mary vs. Ant in the second match. Pigo vs. the
>> english language in the third. Chuck vs Science in a pure
>> logic only match in the fourth, Jeff vs. his blog in a duelling
>> hyperlinks match for the the fifth. Jeff Davis vs reality in the
>> imaginary sixth round. Myself vs French Women's ski team in a
>> battle royale format for the grand finale, and a special guest
>> appearance of klaus vs ButtDawg in the "Legends of RSA" round
>> (that was truly the only flame war worth reading ever.)

> Jeez, I feel left out. How 'bout VtSkier vs. Yunlong in a
> war of words.

C'mon. Everybody knows that you can't flat-board on jello. Especially
after it's gotten all cut up and tracked out by Throckery and the French
Women's ski team.

> By the way, the "Jello" has to be "Jello shots".

Jello Biafra, actually. Did you know he fell on EL once? Serves him
right for wearing skinny ties and listening to wussy british pop music.

--
//-Walt
//

07 Mar 2005 14:08:03
Walt
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

J. Urrrk wrote:

> When I was
> in college we thought that skinny ties and punk band buttons
> on the lapels of our jackets would lend us the kind of urbane
> sophistication necessary to entice members of the opposite
> sex into non-virginal activities. The irony is that we
> thought ourselves to be so superior to the troglodytes that
> blared the Scorpions from the Camaros in order to achieve
> the same end.
>
> Now that I'm older and wiser, I can see the error of my ways.
> Women really do want to be "rocked like a hurricane" by
> balding German heavy metal singers.

And here I thought women liked Pina Coladas and getting caught in the rain.

You mean to tell me I've been suffering through this dreck for nothing?
Say it ain't so!

>>>J. Urrrk, Professional Wingnut.
>>
>>M. Malmros, Fashion Catastrophe.
>>
> J. Urrrk, Loved for his G-String.

Walt, Not into Yoko

07 Mar 2005 22:04:52
J. Urrrk
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

"Walt" <walt_askier@YerBootsyahoo.com > wrote
> VtSkier wrote:

> >> Do I hear "RSA Jello Wrestling Challenge?"
> >>
> >> I think I do.
> >>
> >> So my card has Astro vs. klaus in a steel cage heli match for
> >> the opener. Mary vs. Ant in the second match. Pigo vs. the
> >> english language in the third. Chuck vs Science in a pure
> >> logic only match in the fourth, Jeff vs. his blog in a duelling
> >> hyperlinks match for the the fifth. Jeff Davis vs reality in the
> >> imaginary sixth round. Myself vs French Women's ski team in a
> >> battle royale format for the grand finale, and a special guest
> >> appearance of klaus vs ButtDawg in the "Legends of RSA" round
> >> (that was truly the only flame war worth reading ever.)
>
> > Jeez, I feel left out. How 'bout VtSkier vs. Yunlong in a
> > war of words.
>
> C'mon. Everybody knows that you can't flat-board on jello.
Especially
> after it's gotten all cut up and tracked out by Throckery and the
French
> Women's ski team.

Damn straight. Stamp out flat boarding, ski all the jello
first. And no discussions of flat boarding, tai chi skiing,
or carbon fiber ki extenders until I get at least five of
them there anatomically correct boobie jello shots.

Not that there's anything wrong with anatomically correct
wiener jello shots, but five of them would be too close to
eating a bowl of dick for me.

> > By the way, the "Jello" has to be "Jello shots".
>
> Jello Biafra, actually. Did you know he fell on EL once? Serves
him
> right for wearing skinny ties and listening to wussy british pop
music.

I was young and thought I knew everything. Now I'm old and know I
know everything.

J. Urrrk, Knowledgable.

07 Mar 2005 22:12:01

> J. Urrrk wrote:
>

> > Now that I'm older and wiser, I can see the error of my ways.
> > Women really do want to be "rocked like a hurricane" by
> > balding German heavy metal singers.
>
> And here I thought women liked Pina Coladas and getting caught in
the rain.

> You mean to tell me I've been suffering through this dreck for
nothing?
> Say it ain't so!

There are women that like that sort of thing, but they typically
man the counter at the DMV. NTTAWWT, but enough said, you know?

Besides, Pina Coladas? Sheesh! Who wants to get rocked like a
pina colada? That makes about as much sense as getting shaven
like a mule.

> >>M. Malmros, Fashion Catastrophe.
> >>
> > J. Urrrk, Loved for his G-String.
>
> Walt, Not into Yoko

I'll bet you still like the taste of champagne, even if yoko isn't
exactly "health food."

-J. Urrrk, Were there any other words to that song?

08 Mar 2005 09:11:00
Walt
Re: Dogs hate 'em, too

J. Urrrk wrote:

> Besides, Pina Coladas? Sheesh! Who wants to get rocked like a
> pina colada? That makes about as much sense as getting shaven
> like a mule.

Dammit! You've been snooping through my DVD collection again, haven't you?

> -J. Urrrk, Were there any other words to that song?

Yes, unfortunately. http://ww2.lafayette.edu/~shuppr/lamusic/pina.htm

And much to my embarrasment, it's YOGA, not YOKO. Sheesh, who knew?

--
//-Walt
//