24 Feb 2005 22:01:38
Jay Pique
DEAD - Hunter S. Thompson

He committed suicide by shooting himself in the head at 67. Aspen
mourns. Well, some of it does....

JP
***************************
Fear and Loathing....

24 Feb 2005 20:05:30
LePheaux
Re: DEAD - Hunter S. Thompson

"Jay Pique" <JayPique@hotmail.com > wrote in message
> He committed suicide by shooting himself in the head at 67. Aspen
> mourns. Well, some of it does....
<< >>
Why does that name sound familler ?

24 Feb 2005 21:24:51
lal_truckee
Re: DEAD - Hunter S. Thompson

LePheaux wrote:
> "Jay Pique" <JayPique@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>He committed suicide by shooting himself in the head at 67. Aspen
>>mourns. Well, some of it does....
>
> <<>>
> Why does that name sound familler ?

Why does "Aspen" sounds familiar?
Aspen is a well known former ski mountain, currently winter quarters for
corporate con artists. Been in the news occasionally when one of them
gets arrested for steeling the public blind and has to put one of his
Aspen houses on the market to pay his lawyer. That's probably why
"Aspen" sounds familiar.

25 Feb 2005 10:34:07
Walt
Re: DEAD - Hunter S. Thompson

Jay Pique wrote:

> He committed suicide by shooting himself in the head at 67. Aspen
> mourns. Well, some of it does....

This was not a typical suicide, driven by despair and depression. As
his son puts it:

"I've known for many, many years that this is how Hunter would go," Juan
Thompson said. "There was just no question that when the time came he
would choose to do it himself. The idea of Hunter lying in a hospital
bed with tubes, gasping for breath, is so contrary to his whole life and
purpose and drive."

http://rockymountainnews.com/drmn/state/article/0,1299,DRMN_21_3571997,00.html

--
//-Walt
//

25 Feb 2005 07:39:52
Armin
Re: DEAD - Hunter S. Thompson

LePheaux wrote:
> "Jay Pique" <JayPique@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > He committed suicide by shooting himself in the head at 67. Aspen
> > mourns. Well, some of it does....
> <<>>
> Why does that name sound familler ?

Two words: Gonzo Journalism

Armin

25 Feb 2005 17:09:17
JvD
Re: DEAD - Hunter S. Thompson

"Armin" wrote
> Two words: Gonzo Journalism

5 or 6 more words: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.