18 Oct 2007 08:58:08
alf
Breckenridge on the end of Nov - snow question

Hi,

I am planing a first skiing trip in this year - the opportunity would be
to go to Breckenridge on Nov 21 for 5 days.

But it begs the question since I have never been so early in the season
in Colorado: wonder if conditions will be good. Or it is too soon for
good snow.

Any insight?

Regards, Andy

18 Oct 2007 11:19:05
Kurt Knisely
Re: Breckenridge on the end of Nov - snow question

alf <ask@me > wrote in news:mNOdnaOCXZnz-4ranZ2dnUVZ_hKdnZ2d@comcast.com:

> Breckenridge on Nov 21 for 5 days.
>
> But it begs the question since I have never been so early in the season
> in Colorado: wonder if conditions will be good. Or it is too soon for
> good snow.
>
> Any insight?

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/predictions/multi_season/13
_seasonal_outlooks/color/churchill.html

My crystal ball predictions:

The conditions: excellent
The base: not much of one

(average November in Colyrada...lookin' good for N. Oootah though & the
PNW)

-K

18 Oct 2007 11:48:50
snoig

On Oct 18, 7:58 am, alf <ask@me > wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am planing a first skiing trip in this year - the opportunity would be
> to go to Breckenridge on Nov 21 for 5 days.
>
> But it begs the question since I have never been so early in the season
> in Colorado: wonder if conditions will be good. Or it is too soon for
> good snow.
>
> Any insight?
>
> Regards, Andy

There shouldn't be any problems at all this year. A-Basin just opened
up last week with its earliest opening ever. Loveland opened a couple
of days ago. Not sure if it's earliest ever but it's close. We had
about a foot of snow the other day and light snowfalls the last two
nights. Snow is in the forecast for 3 of the next 6 days. It doesn't
look like there will be a warming trend anytime soon. I would say
that up to the end of October, it looks like it's the best it ever
gets. Who knows for November but it certainly looks good right now.

Breckenridge usually has quite a bit of coverage by Thanksgiving most
years and they frequently get Peaks 8, 9 and 10 open by Thanksgiving.
I don't think I have ever seen 7 open by then but 7 has only been
around for a few years. We might get lucky and even have Peak 7 open
by then.

If things keep going the way that they are going right now, by the end
of November conditions will be exceptional.

Praise Ullr
snoig

18 Oct 2007 22:12:33
twobuddha

On Oct 18, 10:48 am, snoig <sn...@hotmail.com > wrote:
> On Oct 18, 7:58 am, alf <ask@me> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
>
> > I am planing a first skiing trip in this year - the opportunity would be
> > to go to Breckenridge on Nov 21 for 5 days.
>
> > But it begs the question since I have never been so early in the season
> > in Colorado: wonder if conditions will be good. Or it is too soon for
> > good snow.
>
> > Any insight?
>
> > Regards, Andy
>
> There shouldn't be any problems at all this year. A-Basin just opened
> up last week with its earliest opening ever. Loveland opened a couple
> of days ago. Not sure if it's earliest ever but it's close. We had
> about a foot of snow the other day and light snowfalls the last two
> nights. Snow is in the forecast for 3 of the next 6 days. It doesn't
> look like there will be a warming trend anytime soon. I would say
> that up to the end of October, it looks like it's the best it ever
> gets. Who knows for November but it certainly looks good right now.
>
> Breckenridge usually has quite a bit of coverage by Thanksgiving most
> years and they frequently get Peaks 8, 9 and 10 open by Thanksgiving.
> I don't think I have ever seen 7 open by then but 7 has only been
> around for a few years. We might get lucky and even have Peak 7 open
> by then.
>
> If things keep going the way that they are going right now, by the end
> of November conditions will be exceptional.
>
> Praise Ullr
> snoig

Think Utah. Just got a call from a buddy of mine who lives up a
Canyon NE of Pork Sushi. Two feet at his house and it is dumping.
Gonna be an early start if this keeps up.
Or think Whistler. Getting a very nice base up there according to my
sources, looking like they will open early.

19 Oct 2007 16:09:13
Yabahoobs

On Oct 18, 11:12 pm, twobuddha <scott...@hotmail.com > wrote:
> On Oct 18, 10:48 am, snoig <sn...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Oct 18, 7:58 am, alf <ask@me> wrote:
>
> > > Hi,
>
> > > I am planing a first skiing trip in this year - the opportunity would be
> > > to go to Breckenridge on Nov 21 for 5 days.
>
> > > But it begs the question since I have never been so early in the season
> > > in Colorado: wonder if conditions will be good. Or it is too soon for
> > > good snow.
>
> > > Any insight?
>
> > > Regards, Andy
>
> > There shouldn't be any problems at all this year. A-Basin just opened
> > up last week with its earliest opening ever. Loveland opened a couple
> > of days ago. Not sure if it's earliest ever but it's close. We had
> > about a foot of snow the other day and light snowfalls the last two
> > nights. Snow is in the forecast for 3 of the next 6 days. It doesn't
> > look like there will be a warming trend anytime soon. I would say
> > that up to the end of October, it looks like it's the best it ever
> > gets. Who knows for November but it certainly looks good right now.
>
> > Breckenridge usually has quite a bit of coverage by Thanksgiving most
> > years and they frequently get Peaks 8, 9 and 10 open by Thanksgiving.
> > I don't think I have ever seen 7 open by then but 7 has only been
> > around for a few years. We might get lucky and even have Peak 7 open
> > by then.
>
> > If things keep going the way that they are going right now, by the end
> > of November conditions will be exceptional.
>
> > Praise Ullr
> > snoig
>
> Think Utah. Just got a call from a buddy of mine who lives up a
> Canyon NE of Pork Sushi. Two feet at his house and it is dumping.
> Gonna be an early start if this keeps up.
> Or think Whistler. Getting a very nice base up there according to my
> sources, looking like they will open early.

Scott ther'es gonna be a BIG storm rollin through here soon...You
should come down !

19 Oct 2007 11:51:22
klaus

twobuddha <scottabe@hotmail.com > wrote:

> Think Utah. Just got a call from a buddy of mine who lives up a
> Canyon NE of Pork Sushi.

They got two feet in Coalville? I don't think so. Alta got 20". It
barely snowed in Park City. NE of Park City might have gotten two
inches. There was more in Heber.

-klaus

20 Oct 2007 10:17:57
alf
Re: Breckenridge on the end of Nov - snow question

thx for all info

twobuddha wrote:

> Think Utah.

I was until a good deal popped up: $675 for air fare from to Chicago,
transportation to the Breckenridge, ski in/out in walking distance, 5
night, 5 1/2 days on the slopes + $45 tickets.

I have already signed up. thx.

A.