28 Feb 2006 14:40:49
Phlubarb
Another Voice Speaks Up.

http://tinyurl.com/gvcwl

28 Feb 2006 14:39:46
Marty
Re: Another Voice Speaks Up.

"For him to go out and party, that's nothing new. He does that all the
time," Rahlves told the Reno Gazette-Journal.

"He doesn't just do it at the Olympics, he does it all year."

This simply proves that Bode's actions away from the hill and on the
hill have nothing to do with the way he places in a race. You have two
racers, both very different and both very successful on the World Cup.
I already stated that had Bode stayed in his bus reading his Bible,
that it would have done nothing for his results - same as if Daron
would have gone out to party. Two different guys, very different
lives, both are some of the best male ski racers in the world. Bode
was simply trying to make a point and I think even Daron got it.
--
Marty

28 Feb 2006 14:46:55
Marty
Re: Another Voice Speaks Up.

More on this article and what the media will do and say to cause a
stir...

"Rahlves said he wasn't bothered by personal criticism from Miller, who
poked fun at his fellow U.S. Ski Team member for taking the Olympics
too seriously."

Poked fun? I really don't think so. Tried to make a point about ski
racing and how it doesn't matter how you live your life away from the
hill - yes!

I'm pretty sure Bode and Daron would have each others backs before
getting on each other case over a piece of shit like this article.
--
Marty

28 Feb 2006 23:12:30
lal_truckee
Re: Another Voice Speaks Up.

Marty wrote:

While they have always had distinct personalities and proclivities, one
should also remember that Rahlves is older by a whole skiing generation,
is married, and has his wife (and dog) along on the tour. (And AFAIK, he
did go to the Londoner after his Hannenkamm victories.)

Bode is younger and unmarred, and maybe the most eligible bachelor on
the tour.

28 Feb 2006 15:58:30
Marty
Re: Another Voice Speaks Up.

lal_truckee wrote:
> Marty wrote:
> >

> While they have always had distinct personalities and proclivities, one
> should also remember that Rahlves is older by a whole skiing generation,
> is married, and has his wife (and dog) along on the tour. (And AFAIK, he
> did go to the Londoner after his Hannenkamm victories.)
>
> Bode is younger and unmarred, and maybe the most eligible bachelor on
> the tour.

Yup. At the Beaver Creek WC this year, we saw Daron in the village
after the SG with a bunch of people. It was still pretty early because
we were headed up for a few more runs. After the DH, we were in the
village looking for a place to eat dinner, it was dark and Daron walked
right past us again, this time alone with his wife.

We never saw Bode after the races in BC. But, being old tired family
guys, we were never out at the bars too late. :-)
--
Marty

01 Mar 2006 02:58:07
Mary Malmros
Re: Another Voice Speaks Up.

lal_truckee wrote:

> Marty wrote:
>

> While they have always had distinct personalities and proclivities, one
> should also remember that Rahlves is older by a whole skiing generation,
> is married, and has his wife (and dog) along on the tour. (And AFAIK, he
> did go to the Londoner after his Hannenkamm victories.)

"Go to the Londoner"? He reportedly put himself in such a state of hurt
that night that he couldn't ski well for _weeks_ afterwards. It's
hilarious that he's being held up as a non-drinking contrast to Bode
Miller.