27 Feb 2005 17:12:03
AstroPax
Alta, Today, 02-27-05

Alta, today, 02-27-05.

Chuting pics, Sugarloaf:

http://ski.astropax.com/04-05/alta_02-27-05_002.htm

-Astro

28 Feb 2005 13:01:57
ttalb
Re: Alta, Today, 02-27-05

"AstroPax" <astro@astropax.com > wrote in message
news:bpn421pbrp3vjuq7nfht8uqe9t26v1fk83@4ax.com...
> Alta, today, 02-27-05.
>
> Chuting pics, Sugarloaf:
>
> http://ski.astropax.com/04-05/alta_02-27-05_002.htm
>
> -Astro

Astro,
More great pics. BTW, I assume you are doing all the photos so you are not
in them. Are your pics of friends skiing with you and you set up the shot?
Are they spur of the moment where you just see something/someone at the
right place/time? Just wondering.

AstroPax
Re: Alta, Today, 02-27-05

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 13:01:57 GMT, "ttalb"
<tim.gornet@nospaminsightbb.com > wrote:

>Astro,
>More great pics.

Thanks!

>BTW, I assume you are doing all the photos so you are not
>in them.

Actually, I am in a few of the photos. Website-wide, maybe two or
three, I think. Otherwise, I shot everything else with my own two
hands.

But since you asked, here is a shot of me cruising down under Devil's
Castle, for example, taken with my 10.5mm Fisheye Nikkor lens mounted
on a Nikon D70, shutter priority, 1/1250 sec, f/6.3:

http://ski.astropax.com/04-05/alta_02-13-05_001.htm

If you are familiar with Devil's Castle, then you can probably
appreciate just how wide of an angle the above referenced shot really
is. And it's cropped some too.

Believe it or not, I actually allow other people besides myself to
handle my multi-thousand $$ photo gear from time to time. The dude
that took the above referenced pic is a pro photographer...he got the
shot with both eyes closed, one arm tied behind his back, without even
thinking about it.

> Are your pics of friends skiing with you and you set up the shot?
>Are they spur of the moment where you just see something/someone at the
>right place/time? Just wondering.

Both. Probably a 50/50 split. But IMO the candid's come out better.

Skiers do stupid things when they know they are being photographed,
like looking directly at the camera, or doing face plants for no
apparent reason ; >)

-Astro

---
X Minus Two