29 Jul 2004 05:43:18
Charlie
OT: A Real EX-Republican General Speaks

This General was promoted on merit, not for being a fanatical GOP/PNAC
party hack like the present phonys who betrayed US and stood down on
9/11 and then promoted to the highest posts.

"I am here as an old soldier and a new Democrat. I am a new Democrat
because I believe that John Kerry and John Edwards are the right
choice for America's security -- and the right choice for America."
End Excerpt

http://www.thewpbfchannel.com/news/3590174/detail.html

An excerpt of Ret. General John Shalikashvili's speech before the
Democratic National Convention.


29 Jul 2004 21:37:50
Dennis (Icarus)
Re: A Real EX-Republican General Speaks

"Charlie" <keysclub@bellsouth.net > wrote in message
news:e7873b43.0407290443.53c2d141@posting.google.com...
> This General was promoted on merit, not for being a fanatical GOP/PNAC
> party hack like the present phonys who betrayed US and stood down on
> 9/11 and then promoted to the highest posts.
>
> "I am here as an old soldier and a new Democrat. I am a new Democrat
> because I believe that John Kerry and John Edwards are the right
> choice for America's security -- and the right choice for America."
> End Excerpt
>
> http://www.thewpbfchannel.com/news/3590174/detail.html
>
> An excerpt of Ret. General John Shalikashvili's speech before the
> Democratic National Convention.

IIRC he led the US forces against the imminent threat of Milosevic.
No concern about the innocent civilians harmed by US bombs?
No surprise at your double-standard there, Charlie :-)

Dennis
--
Thermonuclear War.
It's the -responsible- environmental alternative
Popeye





29 Jul 2004 23:01:30
Dennis (Icarus)
Re: A Real EX-Republican General Speaks

"Charlie" <keysclub@bellsouth.net > wrote in message
news:e7873b43.0407290443.53c2d141@posting.google.com...
> This General was promoted on merit, not for being a fanatical GOP/PNAC
> party hack like the present phonys who betrayed US and stood down on
> 9/11 and then promoted to the highest posts.
>
> "I am here as an old soldier and a new Democrat. I am a new Democrat
> because I believe that John Kerry and John Edwards are the right
> choice for America's security -- and the right choice for America."
> End Excerpt
>
> http://www.thewpbfchannel.com/news/3590174/detail.html
>
> An excerpt of Ret. General John Shalikashvili's speech before the
> Democratic National Convention.

IIRC he led the US forces against the imminent threat of Milosevic.
No concern about the innocent civilians harmed by US bombs?

Ah, he's just opposed to Bush, so that atones for all, right Charlie? :-)

Dennis
--
Thermonuclear War.
It's the -responsible- environmental alternative
Popeye





30 Jul 2004 17:28:18
Scott
Re: A Real EX-Republican General Speaks


http://patriotpetitions.us/Kerry/




31 Jul 2004 07:17:27
Charlie
Re: A Real EX-Republican General Speaks

"Dennis (Icarus)" <nojunkmail@ever.invalid > wrote in message news:<kHjOc.401$WD3.49@fe40.usenetserver.com>...
> "Charlie" <keysclub@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> news:e7873b43.0407290443.53c2d141@posting.google.com...
> > This General was promoted on merit, not for being a fanatical GOP/PNAC
> > party hack like the present phonys who betrayed US and stood down on
> > 9/11 and then promoted to the highest posts.
> >
> > "I am here as an old soldier and a new Democrat. I am a new Democrat
> > because I believe that John Kerry and John Edwards are the right
> > choice for America's security -- and the right choice for America."
> > End Excerpt
> >
> > http://www.thewpbfchannel.com/news/3590174/detail.html
> >
> > An excerpt of Ret. General John Shalikashvili's speech before the
> > Democratic National Convention.
>
> IIRC he led the US forces against the imminent threat of Milosevic.
> No concern about the innocent civilians harmed by US bombs?
>
> Ah, he's just opposed to Bush, so that atones for all, right Charlie? :-)
>
> Dennis

Fuckin "A"
He likes his officers promoted on merit, not for turning their backs
and closing their eyes on an attack against our nation to strengthen
the coup.

I'm sure in your job they hand out top promotions for F A I L U R E.


31 Jul 2004 09:02:30
Greg Mossman
Re: A Real EX-Republican General Speaks

"Dennis (Icarus)" <nojunkmail@ever.invalid > wrote in message
news:kHjOc.401$WD3.49@fe40.usenetserver.com...

> IIRC he led the US forces against the imminent threat of Milosevic.
> No concern about the innocent civilians harmed by US bombs?
>
> Ah, he's just opposed to Bush, so that atones for all, right Charlie? :-)

As I recall, the war in the Balkans was a legal war, sanctioned by the UN.
That makes a world of difference.




31 Jul 2004 09:04:55
Greg Mossman
Re: A Real EX-Republican General Speaks

"Scott" <scottk@localaxes.com > wrote in message
news:10glpoo4qdodj97@corp.supernews.com...
>
> http://patriotpetitions.us/Kerry/

"This outcome is much more in your hands than in ours. We need you to talk
to your neighbors, talk to your friends, talk to the people who consider
themselves to be conservatives. Talk to the people who may be in the middle
of the road and aren't sure which way to go." -- John Kerry, 7/30/04

Kerry for President!




31 Jul 2004 19:48:08
Dennis (Icarus)
Re: A Real EX-Republican General Speaks

"Greg Mossman" <mossman@qnet.com > wrote in message
news:410bc36a$0$106$6c56adcd@news.qnet.com...
> "Dennis (Icarus)" <nojunkmail@ever.invalid> wrote in message
> news:kHjOc.401$WD3.49@fe40.usenetserver.com...
>
> > IIRC he led the US forces against the imminent threat of Milosevic.
> > No concern about the innocent civilians harmed by US bombs?
> >
> > Ah, he's just opposed to Bush, so that atones for all, right Charlie?
:-)
>
> As I recall, the war in the Balkans was a legal war, sanctioned by the UN.
> That makes a world of difference.
>
>

Not to the innocent civilians.
And how many resolutions do you want authoriszing "severe consequences" for
non-compliance?

Dennis
--
Thermonuclear War.
It's the -responsible- environmental alternative
Popeye





31 Jul 2004 19:46:01
Dennis (Icarus)
Re: A Real EX-Republican General Speaks

"Charlie" <keysclub@bellsouth.net > wrote in message
news:e7873b43.0407310617.71f16ed8@posting.google.com...
> "Dennis (Icarus)" <nojunkmail@ever.invalid> wrote in message
news:<kHjOc.401$WD3.49@fe40.usenetserver.com >...
> > "Charlie" <keysclub@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> > news:e7873b43.0407290443.53c2d141@posting.google.com...
> > > This General was promoted on merit, not for being a fanatical GOP/PNAC
> > > party hack like the present phonys who betrayed US and stood down on
> > > 9/11 and then promoted to the highest posts.
> > >
> > > "I am here as an old soldier and a new Democrat. I am a new Democrat
> > > because I believe that John Kerry and John Edwards are the right
> > > choice for America's security -- and the right choice for America."
> > > End Excerpt
> > >
> > > http://www.thewpbfchannel.com/news/3590174/detail.html
> > >
> > > An excerpt of Ret. General John Shalikashvili's speech before the
> > > Democratic National Convention.
> >
> > IIRC he led the US forces against the imminent threat of Milosevic.
> > No concern about the innocent civilians harmed by US bombs?
> >
> > Ah, he's just opposed to Bush, so that atones for all, right Charlie?
:-)
> >
> > Dennis
>
> Fuckin "A"


Which jsut demonstrates that all your rhetoric about the "innocent Iraqis"
is just so much crap, since the chap resonsible for innocent deaths by US
military forces is, in your view, a hero.

> He likes his officers promoted on merit, not for turning their backs
> and closing their eyes on an attack against our nation to strengthen
> the coup.

Hasn't been a coup, Charlie.

>
> I'm sure in your job they hand out top promotions for F A I L U R E.

Not at all. Failure equates to bad software, which equates to loss of market
share, whjich severely affects revenue.

Dennis
--
Thermonuclear War.
It's the -responsible- environmental alternative
Popeye





31 Jul 2004 18:04:52
Alan Street
Re: A Real EX-Republican General Speaks

In article <AcXOc.321$zc1.159@fe40.usenetserver.com >, Icarus
<nojunkmail@ever.invalid > wrote:


> >
> > I'm sure in your job they hand out top promotions for F A I L U R E.
>
> Not at all. Failure equates to bad software, which equates to loss of market
> share, whjich severely affects revenue.
>
>

:-)


31 Jul 2004 23:49:37
Charlie
Re: OT: A Real EX-Republican General Speaks

"Dennis (Icarus)" <nojunkmail@ever.invalid > wrote in message news:<AcXOc.321$zc1.159@fe40.usenetserver.com>...

> >
> > Fuckin "A"
>
>
> Which jsut demonstrates that all your rhetoric about the "innocent Iraqis"
> is just so much crap, since the chap resonsible for innocent deaths by US
> military forces is, in your view, a hero.
>
> > He likes his officers promoted on merit, not for turning their backs
> > and closing their eyes on an attack against our nation to strengthen
> > the coup.
>
> Hasn't been a coup, Charlie.
>

just goes to show your blind loyalty to it.

I don't know what "Chap" you are talking about but here you go again
accepting and excusing a policy of murder, torture, and child sodomy,
Blathering in defense of the undefendable. Failing to see the scum you
defend is everything America detests.


01 Aug 2004 09:14:20
Dennis (Icarus)
Re: OT: A Real EX-Republican General Speaks

"Charlie" <keysclub@bellsouth.net > wrote in message
news:e7873b43.0407312249.142cbeba@posting.google.com...
> "Dennis (Icarus)" <nojunkmail@ever.invalid> wrote in message
news:<AcXOc.321$zc1.159@fe40.usenetserver.com >...
>
> > >
> > > Fuckin "A"
> >
> >
> > Which jsut demonstrates that all your rhetoric about the "innocent
Iraqis"
> > is just so much crap, since the chap resonsible for innocent deaths by
US
> > military forces is, in your view, a hero.
> >
> > > He likes his officers promoted on merit, not for turning their backs
> > > and closing their eyes on an attack against our nation to strengthen
> > > the coup.
> >
> > Hasn't been a coup, Charlie.
> >
>
> just goes to show your blind loyalty to it.
>
> I don't know what "Chap" you are talking about but here you go again

Uhm....Wesley Clark. You know, the one who led US forces against the
"imminent threat" of Milosevic.
Thats been waht we've been talking about, Charlie.

> accepting and excusing a policy of murder, torture, and child sodomy,

Can y'show me where I've defended child sodomy? Torture?

> Blathering in defense of the undefendable. Failing to see the scum you
> defend is everything America detests.

Dennis

--
Thermonuclear War.
It's the -responsible- environmental alternative
Popeye





01 Aug 2004 11:24:38
Crownfield
Re: OT: A Real EX-Republican General Speaks

Charlie wrote:
>
> "Dennis (Icarus)" <nojunkmail@ever.invalid> wrote in message news:<AcXOc.321$zc1.159@fe40.usenetserver.com>...
>
> > >
> > > Fuckin "A"
> >
> >
> > Which jsut demonstrates that all your rhetoric about the "innocent Iraqis"
> > is just so much crap, since the chap resonsible for innocent deaths by US
> > military forces is, in your view, a hero.
> >
> > > He likes his officers promoted on merit, not for turning their backs
> > > and closing their eyes on an attack against our nation to strengthen
> > > the coup.
> >
> > Hasn't been a coup, Charlie.
> >
>
> just goes to show your blind loyalty to it.
>
> I don't know what "Chap" you are talking about but here you go again
> accepting and excusing a policy of murder, torture, and child sodomy,
> Blathering in defense of the undefendable. Failing to see the scum you
> defend is everything America detests.

charlie:

I think you are beyond the point where your sanity is questionable.


01 Aug 2004 17:11:18
Charlie
Re: OT: A Real EX-Republican General Speaks

"Dennis (Icarus)" <nojunkmail@ever.invalid > wrote in message news:<UV6Pc.690$zc1.211@fe40.usenetserver.com>...

>
> > accepting and excusing a policy of murder, torture, and child sodomy,
>
> Can y'show me where I've defended child sodomy? Torture?

>
> Dennis

You support bush and his regime which commited those attrocitys as
policy.
You cannot selectively say you will support bush and not support his
torture policy now that you know about it. We settled that at
Nuremberg's court and in small villages and towns near deathcamps
throughout ww2 axis held territories.

Sounds condemning doesn't it, hard to figure out how to candy coat it,
can't ignore it, it is afterall true and wrong even if rush okay'd the
concept. Charlie didn't make it up.

Don't worry though. Good Americans from every party are about to flush
The White House without you and then we start to fix things.


01 Aug 2004 20:02:06
Dennis (Icarus)
Re: OT: A Real EX-Republican General Speaks

"Charlie" <keysclub@bellsouth.net > wrote in message
news:e7873b43.0408011611.65f43ab1@posting.google.com...
> "Dennis (Icarus)" <nojunkmail@ever.invalid> wrote in message
news:<UV6Pc.690$zc1.211@fe40.usenetserver.com >...
>
> >
> > > accepting and excusing a policy of murder, torture, and child sodomy,
> >
> > Can y'show me where I've defended child sodomy? Torture?
>
> >
> > Dennis
>
> You support bush and his regime which commited those attrocitys as
> policy.

His regime didn't do that, Charlie - jsut a few soldiers who are being
tried. Some ahve already been convicted.
There are bad folks in any organization< Charlie.
When caught, they're punished.

Or, by your "logic" you support Saddam since you oppose Bush for removing
him. :-)

> You cannot selectively say you will support bush and not support his
> torture policy now that you know about it. We settled that at

Sure I can

> Nuremberg's court and in small villages and towns near deathcamps
> throughout ww2 axis held territories.

>
> Sounds condemning doesn't it, hard to figure out how to candy coat it,
> can't ignore it, it is afterall true and wrong even if rush okay'd the
> concept. Charlie didn't make it up.

Perhaps y;just misread it - ind of like when I asked you to back your laim
that I supported it, and give me a link from msnbc talking about Berkeley
students.

>
> Don't worry though. Good Americans from every party are about to flush
> The White House without you and then we start to fix things.

or make things worse :-)

Dennis

--
Thermonuclear War.
It's the -responsible- environmental alternative
Popeye





02 Aug 2004 19:56:33
Chris Guynn
Re: A Real EX-Republican General Speaks


"Greg Mossman" <mossman@qnet.com > wrote in message
news:410bc3fb$0$112$6c56adcd@news.qnet.com...
> "Scott" <scottk@localaxes.com> wrote in message
> news:10glpoo4qdodj97@corp.supernews.com...
> >
> > http://patriotpetitions.us/Kerry/
>
> "This outcome is much more in your hands than in ours. We need you to
talk
> to your neighbors, talk to your friends, talk to the people who consider
> themselves to be conservatives. Talk to the people who may be in the
middle
> of the road and aren't sure which way to go." -- John Kerry, 7/30/04
>
> Kerry for President!

Maybe I won't vote libertarian this election after all... I may just have to
throw my support to Bush to help ensure a victory.

Oh, and there was an article in the Dallas Morning News the other day
quoting a democrat from Austin (maybe it was Houston) who basically said
that if there weren't enough Texans voting democrat, they'd look everywhere
they could to find more (including, and she specifically mentioned this, the
graveyard).