25 Sep 2007 02:21:36
mag3
Not so Fast (was: New Diver)

>On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 03:34:21 GMT, "Chris Guynn" <chris.guynn@gmail.net> wrote:
>
>>
>>"Curtis" <cavey_curtis@$$ yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>news:noHyi.47371$ax1.13235@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
>>>
>>> "Chris Guynn" wrote
>>>
>>>> My wife and I use Oceanic regulators. Amazingly, we're both still alive.
>>>> I'd chalk that up as Oceanic regulators 2, death 0.
>>>
>>> I use Oceanic on my left post and necklaced back-up. Very satisfied.
>>> Only problem I ever had was my original first stage was a diaphragm, had
>>> high pressure seat failures frequently, causing freeflow until tank
>>> pressure dropped below 2k. Traded it in for a piston, no problems since.
>>> Heard the diaphragm model I had didn't like pressures above 3k, and mine
>>> see 3.6k on a regular basis.
>>>
>>>
>>> Curtis
>>
>>Correction: Oceanic regulators 3, death 0
>
>Make that Oceanic Regs 4 - Death 0 (so far) ;-).
>
>I use an DX4 / FDX-10.

That's "Delta-4 (2nd stg) / FDX-10 (1st Stg)." And up until yesterday, I was preparing to stand by it.

And then, Al Wells and I went out on a local dive boat to the R. P. Resor site. A 2 hour trip 1 way.
And wouldn't ya know, my FDX-10 decided to take a "vacation," exhibiting the exact same behavior
as mentioned above (freeflow at 3442psig on both primary and aux. 2nd stages as well as the Air XS II).
Even saw the symptoms after the tank had bled down to 2700psig. Both Al and the boat captain (and my
LDS shop owner who was on the boat) felt I shouldn't dive on that 1st stage, and they were all right. I
stayed topside. I appreciate Al's and others offers to share a 1st stage, but I wasn't about to take
someone else's primary gear when they could be diving themselves. Thankfully, Al enjoyed his dives.
The Resor is a fantastic site. That'll be the 2nd time I went out to it and didn't dive (the first time I got
seasick). I'm beginning to think this site is jinxed for me. Ah well, there's always next year.

Thus, scratch one Oceanic reg customer. I'm seeing the LDS owner tomorrow about a ScubaPro
MK17 1st stage at least as a temp. I'll still use Oceanic's computers - I like the Datamax Pro Plus II.
I'll use that until it's time for something more advanced (ie. a trimix computer). And I like their
wetsuits and other things.

So make that Oceanic Regs 4 - Death 0 *


____________________________________________
Regards,

Arnold


24 Sep 2007 23:39:45
Lee Bell
Re: Not so Fast (was: New Diver)

I bought an Oceanic combination inflator alternate because the hose that fit
it also fit the port in my Halcyon wing. It was a failed attempt to reduce
the number of hoses. Problem was, the way the straps on my harness run,
there's no practical way to control the longer hose required for that
configuration.

My Oceanic second stage leaked from the first day I had it until the last. I
tried adjusting it twice with no luck. I doubt it had anything to do with
the first stage unless Oceanics are designed for a lower intermediate
pressure. It was the same Scuba Pro first stage I used for my scuba pro
second stages which never leaked a bit. I gave that regulator away. As I
understand it, it's still in use. I never did find out what the issue was.

At any rate, there seems to be a trend here of Oceanic second stages
leaking. Perhaps it's coincidence, perhaps it's something in the design. All
I can say for sure is that I won't be using any more of them . . . and that
I also like their computers. Then again, Oceanic doesn't make the computers.
They only market them.

Lee




25 Sep 2007 03:57:29
mag3
Re: Not so Fast (was: New Diver)

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 23:39:45 -0400, "Lee Bell" <pleebell@bellsouth.net > wrote:

>My Oceanic second stage leaked from the first day I had it until the last. I
>tried adjusting it twice with no luck. I doubt it had anything to do with
>the first stage unless Oceanics are designed for a lower intermediate
>pressure.

According to the Oceanic spec, the 1st stg. IP range is 135-145psi. Mine was
set to 140psi at the last servicing (the recommended IP for Oceanic 2nd stages).
Al suspects it might be IP creep. I think the diapragm has outright failed in my
FDX-10. I guess servicing will tell us soon enough.I believe it's the 1st stage
that's in question here because the failure affected both the 2nd stages (the
Delta-4, *and* the Air XS II).

>All I can say for sure is that I won't be using any more of them . . . and that
>I also like their computers. Then again, Oceanic doesn't make the computers.
>They only market them.

I like the Pro Plus II because the display is the only one large enough for me
to read underwater at a glance (ie. without staring at it for several seconds).

____________________________________________
Regards,

Arnold


25 Sep 2007 12:16:31
Al Wells
Re: Not so Fast (was: New Diver)

In article <1qqgf3lmb8as18841ij76fraj109ren0ei@4ax.com >, zmpmag3-
plongee@yahoo.com says...

> And then, Al Wells and I went out on a local dive boat to the R. P. Resor site. A 2 hour trip 1 way.
> And wouldn't ya know, my FDX-10 decided to take a "vacation," exhibiting the exact same behavior
> as mentioned above (freeflow at 3442psig on both primary and aux. 2nd stages as well as the Air XS II).
> Even saw the symptoms after the tank had bled down to 2700psig. Both Al and the boat captain (and my
> LDS shop owner who was on the boat) felt I shouldn't dive on that 1st stage, and they were all right.

When I heard what it was doing (everything flowing with occasional
popping), I knew right away that it was a first
stage seat failure.

Cindy has an older Oceanic diaphragm reg, and it has been reliable, but
she uses it as a deco reg and it doesn't see more than 3000 psi. I
really like their piston regs and the second stage that's like the
Scubapro G250.

> I appreciate Al's and others offers to share a 1st stage, but I wasn't about to take
> someone else's primary gear when they could be diving themselves. Thankfully, Al enjoyed his dives.
> The Resor is a fantastic site. That'll be the 2nd time I went out to it and didn't dive (the first time I got
> seasick). I'm beginning to think this site is jinxed for me. Ah well, there's always next year.

I hate that you missed the dive. Conditions were good, with a crystal
blue sky, 2-3 ft seas and 20-30 ft of vis. The air temperature was warm
enough to hang out in shorts but not hot enough to make getting geard up
uncomfortable. Water temp was in the 60's down to 75 ft and in the 50's
below. The Resor http://njscuba.net/sites/site_rp_resor.htmlis a big
wreck with lots to see. I look forward to going back.




25 Sep 2007 06:12:41
Scott
Re: Not so Fast (was: New Diver)

"Al Wells" <al.wells@gmail.com > wrote in message
news:MPG.2162c64e56d04e9998995a@news.verizon.net...

> In article <1qqgf3lmb8as18841ij76fraj109ren0ei@4ax.com>, zmpmag3-
> plongee@yahoo.com says...

> > And then, Al Wells and I went out on a local dive boat to the R. P.
Resor site. A 2 hour trip 1 way.
> > And wouldn't ya know, my FDX-10 decided to take a "vacation," exhibiting
the exact same behavior
> > as mentioned above (freeflow at 3442psig on both primary and aux. 2nd
stages as well as the Air XS II).
> > Even saw the symptoms after the tank had bled down to 2700psig. Both Al
and the boat captain (and my
> > LDS shop owner who was on the boat) felt I shouldn't dive on that 1st
stage, and they were all right.

> When I heard what it was doing (everything flowing with occasional
> popping), I knew right away that it was a first
> stage seat failure.

Apeks DS4.







25 Sep 2007 18:25:07
Art Greenberg
Re: Not so Fast (was: New Diver)

On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 02:21:36 GMT, mag3 wrote:
> The Resor is a fantastic site. That'll be the 2nd time I went out to
> it and didn't dive (the first time I got seasick). I'm beginning to
> think this site is jinxed for me. Ah well, there's always next year.

Man, that sucks. Sorry to hear about that.

Build a spares/tools kit, and take it with you every time. Mine has
saved a few dives (not always my own). You could "rough it" by carrying
just soft parts (o-rings) and seats, or a whole spare first & second
stage (I do both, since swapping out a bad reg is usually faster, and
maybe I can make repairs during the SI or whatever).

In addition to regulators and reg parts, I have a spage BCD power
inflator, spare mask strap, extra guide line, a few bolt snaps, a few
short lengths of bungee cord in a few sizes, some cut-up inner tube,
spare o-rings and other parts for my primary light, bulbs for my backup
lights, a couple of plastic (and one steel) weight belt buckles, a
couple of 200 bar DIN to yoke plugs and a 300 bar DIN to yoke fill
adapter (modified so it will fit 200 bar DIN valves, too), some SS
hardware, a couple rolls of plastic electrical tape, an IP gauge, spare
LP hoses of several lengths and a spare HP hose and HP spool. And tools.
Its all in a Pelican case with dividers.

--
Art Greenberg
artg at eclipse dot net



25 Sep 2007 21:02:37
mag3
Re: Not so Fast (was: New Diver)

On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 18:25:07 -0000, Art Greenberg <none@none.invalid > wrote:

>On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 02:21:36 GMT, mag3 wrote:
>> The Resor is a fantastic site. That'll be the 2nd time I went out to
>> it and didn't dive (the first time I got seasick). I'm beginning to
>> think this site is jinxed for me. Ah well, there's always next year.
>
>Man, that sucks. Sorry to hear about that.
>
>Build a spares/tools kit, and take it with you every time.

I actually do. The only thing that was missing was a spare 1st stage. :-(

Not for long. I just bought a new MK-17 (the shop mgr. is "DINing" it for me
now) and I'll pick it up in 1-2 days. I will also have the failed Oceanic FDX-10
serviced again (wouldn't surprise me if it requires a full diaphragm replacement).
That will be my backup for now. I'll simply throw all the Oceanic 2nd stage things
onto the MK-17 and that should last me for the rest of the year. Next year, I'll look
into redundant MK17/X650 sets. Next year...

>In addition to regulators and reg parts, I have a spare BCD power
>inflator, spare mask strap, extra guide line, a few bolt snaps, a few
>short lengths of bungee cord in a few sizes, some cut-up inner tube,
>spare o-rings and other parts for my primary light, bulbs for my backup
>lights, a couple of plastic (and one steel) weight belt buckles, a
>couple of 200 bar DIN to yoke plugs and a 300 bar DIN to yoke fill
>adapter (modified so it will fit 200 bar DIN valves, too) , some SS
>hardware, a couple rolls of plastic electrical tape, an IP gauge, spare
>LP hoses of several lengths and a spare HP hose and HP spool. And tools.
>Its all in a Pelican case with dividers.

I have most of the above already in my kit except the IP gauge.

____________________________________________
Regards,

Arnold


26 Sep 2007 07:28:20
Lee Bell
Re: Not so Fast (was: New Diver)

mag3 wrote

>>Man, that sucks. Sorry to hear about that.
>>
>>Build a spares/tools kit, and take it with you every time.
>
> I actually do. The only thing that was missing was a spare 1st stage. :-(

I carry a complete spare regulator set, first, seconds, gauges, everything.
I have a problem with one, I use the other until I can effect repairs or mix
and match for the best combination available.

> Not for long. I just bought a new MK-17 (the shop mgr. is "DINing" it for
> me
> now) and I'll pick it up in 1-2 days. I will also have the failed Oceanic
> FDX-10
> serviced again (wouldn't surprise me if it requires a full diaphragm
> replacement).
> That will be my backup for now. I'll simply throw all the Oceanic 2nd
> stage things
> onto the MK-17 and that should last me for the rest of the year. Next
> year, I'll look
> into redundant MK17/X650 sets. Next year...

Watch your intermediate pressures. Make sure that all first and second
stages are set for the same intermediate pressure. Also check your manuals
to be sure that you don't put together an inappropriate mix of
upstream/downstream valve components.

> a 300 bar DIN to yoke fill adapter (modified so it will fit 200 bar DIN
> valves, too)

What modification did you have to make to a 300 bar DIN adapter? All the 300
bar fill adapters I've seen fit any DIN valve. It's the 200 bar adapters
that are the problem.

Lee




26 Sep 2007 11:50:54
Art Greenberg
Re: Not so Fast (was: New Diver)

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 07:28:20 -0400, Lee Bell wrote:
> What modification did you have to make to a 300 bar DIN adapter? All
> the 300 bar fill adapters I've seen fit any DIN valve. It's the 200
> bar adapters that are the problem.

The one I have came with a little "nipple" on the DIN end that prevented
it screwing all the way into a 200 bar valve. It made the unthreaded
"front end" too long to allow the o-ring to seat. I just ground off that
nipple.

The logic behind that feature escapes me.

This adapter is _not_ a flush adapter that is suitable for use in the
water. It projects well in front of the valve face, and presents a yoke
fitting at a right angle to the valve face. A 300 bar DIN with a flush
adapter would be too deep for any yoke fill fitting or regulator I've
ever seen to be able to mount on it.

--
Art Greenberg
artg at eclipse dot net



26 Sep 2007 05:21:20
Scott
Re: Not so Fast (was: New Diver)

"Art Greenberg" <none@none.invalid > wrote in message
news:13fkhsu34j9f9ec@news.supernews.com...

> On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 07:28:20 -0400, Lee Bell wrote:
> > What modification did you have to make to a 300 bar DIN adapter? All
> > the 300 bar fill adapters I've seen fit any DIN valve. It's the 200
> > bar adapters that are the problem.

200 BAR or 300 BAR, another huge brainfart.

> The one I have came with a little "nipple" on the DIN end that prevented
> it screwing all the way into a 200 bar valve. It made the unthreaded
> "front end" too long to allow the o-ring to seat. I just ground off that
> nipple.

> The logic behind that feature escapes me.

I know, WTF is that all about?

Every one of those ever sold has to be ground off. There isnt a valve or
manifold that will accept it, and the tit serves absolutely no purpose.

That has to be one of the greatest and most obviously basic brain farts in
all SCUBA.

The thread itself is a G5/8 BSPP;

The "G" is for "Gas" as it was originally used in natural gas systems;

The "BSPP" is for "British Standard Pipe - Parallel"

http://www.marylandmetrics.com/tech/bsppthreadspecs.htm

http://www.toolsandgauges.com/bspthreadpluggaugesspecs.htm

Why that became a DIN standard is another mystery to me. It's metric, with a
14 pitch thread.

Only the British could put metric dimensions on a standard thread pitch.

> This adapter is _not_ a flush adapter that is suitable for use in the
> water. It projects well in front of the valve face, and presents a yoke
> fitting at a right angle to the valve face. A 300 bar DIN with a flush
> adapter would be too deep for any yoke fill fitting or regulator I've
> ever seen to be able to mount on it.

Yet they have been selling them for decades with *zero* modification.




26 Sep 2007 20:13:35
mag3
Re: Not so Fast (was: New Diver)

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 07:28:20 -0400, "Lee Bell" <p.....ell@be.....uth.net > wrote:

>mag3 wrote

>> I actually do. The only thing that was missing was a spare 1st stage. :-(
>
>I carry a complete spare regulator set, first, seconds, gauges, everything.
>I have a problem with one, I use the other until I can effect repairs or mix
>and match for the best combination available.

You've also been at this juuuuuust a tad longer than I. It's gonna take me
a bit to build an inventory of parts just as good. But I'll get there. By the end
of 2008, I'll at least have the repaired FDX-10, the 1st Stg. I'm buying now,
and if things go well, a redundant set of MK25/X650s (the LDS owner talked
me into the MK25 not the 17). I'll also have a spare "poodle jacket" BC as I'm
sure by then Scott and I will have done a little business (no, I haven't forgotten
yet Scott... Just finalizing what I want).... And if things go really well, a redundant
set of Pro Plus II's.

>> Not for long. I just bought a new MK-17 (the shop mgr. is "DINing" it for
>> me now) and I'll pick it up in 1-2 days. I will also have the failed Oceanic
>> FDX-10 serviced again (wouldn't surprise me if it requires a full diaphragm
>> replacement). That will be my backup for now. I'll simply throw all the Oceanic 2nd
>> stage things onto the MK-17 and that should last me for the rest of the year. Next
>> year, I'll look into redundant MK17/X650 sets. Next year...
>
>Watch your intermediate pressures. Make sure that all first and second
>stages are set for the same intermediate pressure. Also check your manuals
>to be sure that you don't put together an inappropriate mix of
>upstream/downstream valve components.

Actually, I decided to have the shop tech re-assemble and test the whole rig.
Better that way.



____________________________________________
Regards,

Arnold


26 Sep 2007 23:41:52
mag3
Re: Not so Fast (was: New Diver)

On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 02:21:36 GMT, mag3 <zmpmag3-plongee@yahoo.com > wrote:


>Thus, scratch one Oceanic reg customer. I'm seeing the LDS owner tomorrow about a ScubaPro
>MK17 1st stage at least as a temp. I'll still use Oceanic's computers - I like the Datamax Pro Plus II.
>I'll use that until it's time for something more advanced (ie. a trimix computer). And I like their
>wetsuits and other things.
>
>So make that Oceanic Regs 4 - Death 0 *

OK - All settled. Got the MK25 setup and tested by the shop tech, with my Oceanic Delta-4 2nd stage
on board. Took the Yoke adapters out of my tanks and the DIN fits perfectly.

Good to go now. I'll be back on the GB this Sat. going to the Sam Berman.

____________________________________________
Regards,

Arnold


26 Sep 2007 20:33:37
Lee Bell
Re: Not so Fast (was: New Diver)

mag3 wrote

>>I carry a complete spare regulator set, first, seconds, gauges,
>>everything.
>>I have a problem with one, I use the other until I can effect repairs or
>>mix
>>and match for the best combination available.
>
> You've also been at this juuuuuust a tad longer than I. It's gonna take
> me
> a bit to build an inventory of parts just as good.

Maybe a little longer. You're on your way already, but you don't have to
spend a lot of time getting there, just money. My original backup regulator
was a former rental regulator without I purchased for something like $100.
For that, I got a first stage and two second stages. I later converted that
regulator for use with stage/deco bottles. My current backup is a Scuba Pro
Mk 25 first stage, purchased new for that purpose, with the second stages
that were my primary regulator until I changed to Scuba Pro. My main
regulator is a Mk 25, G250, R380. Of course, not everyone chooses to lay out
the money for a second regulator set. The decision was made easier for me
since, at the time, the one back up set served two divers. Four times, one
or the other of us has made use of it when something went wrong during a
diving vacation or liveaboard trip.

>>Watch your intermediate pressures. Make sure that all first and second
>>stages are set for the same intermediate pressure. Also check your manuals
>>to be sure that you don't put together an inappropriate mix of
>>upstream/downstream valve components.

> Actually, I decided to have the shop tech re-assemble and test the whole
> rig.
> Better that way.

I didn't speak clearly enough. Make sure the intermediate pressures on your
two regulators are the same and that the valve configuration of all second
stages is compatible with the configuration of both first stages. You goal
is to ensure that you can mix and match anything, any way you care to. A
backup you can use part of for your primary is more useful than simply
another regulator.

Lee




27 Sep 2007 02:34:10
mag3
Re: Not so Fast (was: New Diver)

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 20:33:37 -0400, "Lee Bell" <pl.....ell@b......uth.net > wrote:

>mag3 wrote
>
>>>I carry a complete spare regulator set, first, seconds, gauges,
>>>everything. I have a problem with one, I use the other until I can effect repairs or
>>>mix and match for the best combination available.
>>
>> You've also been at this juuuuuust a tad longer than I. It's gonna take
>> me a bit to build an inventory of parts just as good.
>
>Maybe a little longer. You're on your way already, but you don't have to
>spend a lot of time getting there, just money.

Same thing. I can only afford so much gear every year. And for the first few
years, until I'm comfortable that I'm going to be doing this for a long, long time,
I'm trying to be prudent with gear acquisitions. So far, so good, but all that has
to happen is for one of my ears to go bad, and I'm done (and my left ear often
likes to make things difficult - especially when wearing a hood in cold water).

>Of course, not everyone chooses to lay out
>the money for a second regulator set. The decision was made easier for me
>since, at the time, the one back up set served two divers. Four times, one
>or the other of us has made use of it when something went wrong during a
>diving vacation or liveaboard trip.

Hopefully, by next year, I'll be ready for a redundant set of MK25/X650's. And
with the MK25 I got tonight, I'll be well on the way.


>> Actually, I decided to have the shop tech re-assemble and test the whole
>> rig. Better that way.
>
>I didn't speak clearly enough. Make sure the intermediate pressures on your
>two regulators are the same and that the valve configuration of all second
>stages is compatible with the configuration of both first stages. You goal
>is to ensure that you can mix and match anything, any way you care to. A
>backup you can use part of for your primary is more useful than simply
>another regulator.

Absolutely. When I get the redundant sets next year, they will be. When I get the
FDX-10 rebuilt, I'll have it set to the same thing as the MK25's. Then everything
will be interchangeable.

____________________________________________
Regards,

Arnold


27 Sep 2007 07:15:20
Lee Bell
Re: Not so Fast (was: New Diver)

> Absolutely. When I get the redundant sets next year, they will be. When I
> get the
> FDX-10 rebuilt, I'll have it set to the same thing as the MK25's. Then
> everything
> will be interchangeable.

You'd make me feel better if you'd throw the words "and ensure that the
valve configurations, upstream or downstream are compatible."

Lee




27 Sep 2007 11:40:59
Al Wells
Re: Not so Fast (was: New Diver)

In article <SgMKi.110$T6.19@bignews2.bellsouth.net >,
pleebell@bellsouth.net says...

> You'd make me feel better if you'd throw the words "and ensure that the
> valve configurations, upstream or downstream are compatible."

The only upstream second stage I know of is a Poseidon, and IIRC, the
OPV is in the special hose you need for it. Are there others?


05 Oct 2007 20:28:09
Sheldon
Re: Not so Fast (was: New Diver)


"Lee Bell" <pleebell@bellsouth.net > wrote in message
news:Pp%Ji.56301$7e6.30516@bignews4.bellsouth.net...
>I bought an Oceanic combination inflator alternate because the hose that
>fit it also fit the port in my Halcyon wing. It was a failed attempt to
>reduce the number of hoses. Problem was, the way the straps on my harness
>run, there's no practical way to control the longer hose required for that
>configuration.
>
> My Oceanic second stage leaked from the first day I had it until the last.
> I tried adjusting it twice with no luck. I doubt it had anything to do
> with the first stage unless Oceanics are designed for a lower intermediate
> pressure. It was the same Scuba Pro first stage I used for my scuba pro
> second stages which never leaked a bit. I gave that regulator away. As I
> understand it, it's still in use. I never did find out what the issue was.
>
> At any rate, there seems to be a trend here of Oceanic second stages
> leaking. Perhaps it's coincidence, perhaps it's something in the design.
> All I can say for sure is that I won't be using any more of them . . . and
> that I also like their computers. Then again, Oceanic doesn't make the
> computers. They only market them.
>
> Lee

I could be wrong, but I think I read that Oceanic makes the computers for a
whole bunch of companies.




06 Oct 2007 09:45:30
mag3
Re: Not so Fast (was: New Diver)

On Fri, 5 Oct 2007 20:28:09 -0600, "Sheldon" <sheldon@XXXXXXXXsopris.net > wrote:

>"Lee Bell" <pleebell@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

>> At any rate, there seems to be a trend here of Oceanic second stages
>> leaking. Perhaps it's coincidence, perhaps it's something in the design.
>> All I can say for sure is that I won't be using any more of them . . . and
>> that I also like their computers. Then again, Oceanic doesn't make the
>> computers. They only market them.
>>
>> Lee
>
>I could be wrong, but I think I read that Oceanic makes the computers for a
>whole bunch of companies.

We'll find out for sure in March of next year. Oceanic usually has a booth at the
"Beneath the Sea" convention in Secaucus, NJ. A couple of their big guns are
always in attendance. I'll ask them.

Aw, Damn!!!! I went and turned this into a gun thread!!!! <D & R > :^))))))

____________________________________________
Regards,

Arnold


06 Oct 2007 06:19:00
JRE
Re: Not so Fast (was: New Diver)

mag3 wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Oct 2007 20:28:09 -0600, "Sheldon" <sheldon@XXXXXXXXsopris.net> wrote:
>
>> "Lee Bell" <pleebell@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>
>>> At any rate, there seems to be a trend here of Oceanic second stages
>>> leaking. Perhaps it's coincidence, perhaps it's something in the design.
>>> All I can say for sure is that I won't be using any more of them . . . and
>>> that I also like their computers. Then again, Oceanic doesn't make the
>>> computers. They only market them.
>>>
>>> Lee
>> I could be wrong, but I think I read that Oceanic makes the computers for a
>> whole bunch of companies.
>
> We'll find out for sure in March of next year. Oceanic usually has a booth at the
> "Beneath the Sea" convention in Secaucus, NJ. A couple of their big guns are
> always in attendance. I'll ask them.
>
> Aw, Damn!!!! I went and turned this into a gun thread!!!! <D & R> :^))))))
>
> ____________________________________________
> Regards,
>
> Arnold

Pelagic makes at least some computers for Oceanic (a sister company),
Aeris (another), and others. See:

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml07/07117.html
http://www.skin-diver.com/departments/personalities/Oceanic25Years.asp?theID=1179

--
John Eells


06 Oct 2007 10:32:54
mag3
Re: Not so Fast (was: New Diver)

On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 06:19:00 -0400, JRE <nothing@nowhere.com > wrote:

>Pelagic makes at least some computers for Oceanic (a sister company),
>Aeris (another), and others. See:
>
>http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml07/07117.html
>http://www.skin-diver.com/departments/personalities/Oceanic25Years.asp?theID=1179

To me, Oceanic and Pelagic are therefore one in the same as Hollis founded Pelagic, they
share the same corporate HQ building in San Leandro, etc. etc. etc.

____________________________________________
Regards,

Arnold