28 Sep 2003 20:59:01
AdrianHardy
help needed by newby

hiya folks
how do I change my email address so I stop getting spam?
many thanks in advance.

28 Sep 2003 16:34:16
Rudy Benner
Re: help needed by newby

You don't. What you do is stop broadcasting your email address in news
groups. If you were to try sending me a direct reply, you would find that
the address given in the headers of this message will not work. Give it a
try. Then you edit your email address in such a way that a person can figure
out what it really is. Confused yet?

"AdrianHardy" <adrian@the-diver.fsnet.co.uk > wrote in message
> hiya folks
> how do I change my email address so I stop getting spam?
> many thanks in advance.

29 Sep 2003 18:29:04
AdrianHardy
Re: help needed by newby

ok-but how the hell do I do that?
warning!! im a bit of a techno-thickie!!!
cheers

03 Oct 2003 10:11:00
Patrick
Re: help needed by newby

If you are using Outlook or Outlook Express, goto Tools - > Accounts -> News
Tab - > Properties -> General (should find a spot to change or erase your
email on the General page) If you are not using outlook express, disregard
the above

http://www.newsfeeds.com- The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!