21 Oct 2005 21:03:24
Matthew Cushing
Puerto Rico

Hey guys,

A while back I posted to see if anyone had ever done any dives in Puerto
Rico. What I found is a bit discouraging - not a lot of good things to
say about it.

I'll be staying in Old San Juan. Does anyone have anything good to say
about diving there in February?

Thanks,
M@

21 Oct 2005 21:25:51
Dr Yak
Re: Puerto Rico

Matthew Cushing wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> A while back I posted to see if anyone had ever done any dives in Puerto
> Rico. What I found is a bit discouraging - not a lot of good things to
> say about it.
>
> I'll be staying in Old San Juan. Does anyone have anything good to say
> about diving there in February?
>
> Thanks,
> M@
Head to the southwest corner. There's lots of good diving in Mayaguez,
La Parguera, Boqueron, etc. Unfortunately, the diving around San Juan
is not so good.

Clint
Re: Puerto Rico

I did some research on diving in Puerto Rico once because I took a Caribbean
cruise that started from Old San Juan where the port was. What I learned
was that the waters around San Juan are not worth diving. However, there
apparently is some decent diving on the eastern part of the island but it
takes about an hour or two to get there.

Clint

Free Spirit Activewear
http://www.FreeSpiritActivewear.com

22 Oct 2005 07:41:48
Rudy
Re: Puerto Rico

> A while back I posted to see if anyone had ever done any dives in Puerto
> Rico. What I found is a bit discouraging - not a lot of good things to
> say about it.
We dove with La Parguera (sp?) down on the southwest coast. Nice diving
over the edge @ 80' and lots of black coral at < 100' too

22 Oct 2005 09:45:39
ben bradlee
Re: Puerto Rico

"Matthew Cushing" <matt@cushingonline.com > wrote in message

> Does anyone have anything good to say about diving there in February?

It will be much warmer than diving in Lake Superior and you can practice
Spanish with the locals. Have some beans and rice as they are generally
excellent.

23 Oct 2005 22:16:11
Matthew Cushing
Re: Puerto Rico

ben bradlee wrote:
> "Matthew Cushing" <matt@cushingonline.com> wrote in message
>
>>Does anyone have anything good to say about diving there in February?
>

> It will be much warmer than diving in Lake Superior and you can practice
> Spanish with the locals. Have some beans and rice as they are generally
> excellent.

Smoke some cigars too:)

I think I am going to head to Fajardo, do some snorkeling and look
around. Not going to waste my breath or money on it if it looks crappy.
The only thing things that I have heard that are good on the east coast
is an island - Vieques? but I heard it's almost always an overnight.

Thanks for all the tips. Maybe I will check out the southwest area.

M@

24 Oct 2005 21:53:16
Dr Yak
Re: Puerto Rico

>> It will be much warmer than diving in Lake Superior and you can
>> practice Spanish with the locals. Have some beans and rice as they
>> are generally excellent.
>

> Smoke some cigars too:)

The cigars will be good, but not Cuban.