19 Oct 2005 23:02:04
Rocky Grove
Philippines in August

I wil be spending 2 or 3 weeks in the Philippines next August and want
to put in at least a week's diving.

I am a reasonably experienced diver.
I enjoy wrecks but not exclusively
I will have just finished a week's liveaboard in Palau so don't want
another,
I don't enjoy night life

Bearing in mind the weather at that time of year, any recommendations
for the best place to visit?

Thanks

Rocky

--
The Earth Is One Country and Mankind its Citizens
(from the Baha'i writings)
Surely The Global Superhighway is evidence of this?
Rocky@mercia.demon.co.uk Phone 01926 312342
(fax 08700560296)


20 Oct 2005 18:38:34
Cesar
Re: Philippines in August


"Rocky Grove" <rocky@mercia.demon.co.uk > wrote in message
news:1c567dbc4d.Rocky@mercia.demon.co.uk...
>I wil be spending 2 or 3 weeks in the Philippines next August and want
> to put in at least a week's diving.
>
> I am a reasonably experienced diver.
> I enjoy wrecks but not exclusively
> I will have just finished a week's liveaboard in Palau so don't want
> another,
> I don't enjoy night life
>
> Bearing in mind the weather at that time of year, any recommendations
> for the best place to visit?
>
> Thanks
>
> Rocky
>
> --
> The Earth Is One Country and Mankind its Citizens
> (from the Baha'i writings)
> Surely The Global Superhighway is evidence of this?
> Rocky@mercia.demon.co.uk Phone 01926 312342
> (fax 08700560296)

You forgot to mention your budget. If money were no object, I would go to
Palawan. Either Amanpulo or El Nido. No night life but beautiful locations.
Use google or your favorite search engine to find out more about either.




20 Oct 2005 21:36:25
Rocky Grove
Re: Philippines in August

In message <KuR5f.15020$vL5.7051@news.cpqcorp.net >
"Cesar" <Cesar.Neri@comcast.net > wrote:

>
> "Rocky Grove" <rocky@mercia.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:1c567dbc4d.Rocky@mercia.demon.co.uk...
>>I wil be spending 2 or 3 weeks in the Philippines next August and want
>> to put in at least a week's diving.
>>
>> I am a reasonably experienced diver.
>> I enjoy wrecks but not exclusively
>> I will have just finished a week's liveaboard in Palau so don't want
>> another,
>> I don't enjoy night life
>>
>> Bearing in mind the weather at that time of year, any recommendations
>> for the best place to visit?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Rocky

> You forgot to mention your budget. If money were no object, I would go to
> Palawan. Either Amanpulo or El Nido. No night life but beautiful locations.
> Use google or your favorite search engine to find out more about either.
>
Palawan looks great but Amanpulo or El Nido seem a little expensive.
I looked at palawan.com and there seem lots of other resorts. Can
anyone recommedn any others at say around $100 a night.

Also is AC essential there in August?

Thanks

Rocky


--
The Earth Is One Country and Mankind its Citizens
(from the Baha'i writings)
Surely The Global Superhighway is evidence of this?
Rocky@mercia.demon.co.uk Phone 01926 312342
(fax 08700560296)


20 Oct 2005 22:58:07
Cesar
Re: Philippines in August


"Rocky Grove" <rocky@mercia.demon.co.uk > wrote in message
news:b254f9bc4d.Rocky@mercia.demon.co.uk...
> In message <KuR5f.15020$vL5.7051@news.cpqcorp.net>
> "Cesar" <Cesar.Neri@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>
>> "Rocky Grove" <rocky@mercia.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>> news:1c567dbc4d.Rocky@mercia.demon.co.uk...
>>>I wil be spending 2 or 3 weeks in the Philippines next August and want
>>> to put in at least a week's diving.
>>>
>>> I am a reasonably experienced diver.
>>> I enjoy wrecks but not exclusively
>>> I will have just finished a week's liveaboard in Palau so don't want
>>> another,
>>> I don't enjoy night life
>>>
>>> Bearing in mind the weather at that time of year, any recommendations
>>> for the best place to visit?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Rocky
>
>> You forgot to mention your budget. If money were no object, I would go to
>> Palawan. Either Amanpulo or El Nido. No night life but beautiful
>> locations.
>> Use google or your favorite search engine to find out more about either.
>>
> Palawan looks great but Amanpulo or El Nido seem a little expensive.
> I looked at palawan.com and there seem lots of other resorts. Can
> anyone recommedn any others at say around $100 a night.
>
> Also is AC essential there in August?
>
> Thanks
>
> Rocky
>
>
> --
> The Earth Is One Country and Mankind its Citizens
> (from the Baha'i writings)
> Surely The Global Superhighway is evidence of this?
> Rocky@mercia.demon.co.uk Phone 01926 312342
> (fax 08700560296)

I'm sure those resorts you saw at the website have email addresses for
inquiry. I supposed you could email then and inquire about the weather in
August while telling them that you are considering booking at their resort
so as to incent them to respond.