30 Oct 2005 09:40:55
Jamie Lynn
Dominica

I am thinking of taking a trip there in march. Has anyone been to the fort
young hotel or dove with Cabrits in the north? Any info on where is the best
diving and which hotels are the best would be appreciated.

Jamie

30 Oct 2005 18:38:26
BigHaig
Re: Dominica

I lived there for 2 years. Fort Young is the best hotel, but still don't
expect too much from it. I dove with Cabrits many times, they are very
reliable and some great guys. The best diving is at Scotts Head in the
South, Cabrits doesn't go down there very often so just ask the hotel who
does. Also if you want some other stuff to do beside diving, you can hike
to the Emerald Pool, or ask the hotel about the ATV riding through the rain
forest.

Good luck and have fun!

"Jamie Lynn" <n@ne.com > wrote in message news:BF8A45A7.285F%n@ne.com...
>I am thinking of taking a trip there in march. Has anyone been to the fort
> young hotel or dove with Cabrits in the north? Any info on where is the
> best
> diving and which hotels are the best would be appreciated.
>
> Jamie

01 Nov 2005 07:18:24
Jamie Lynn
Re: Dominica

> thanks for the info, who should I go diving with if I stay at the fort young
hotel? Do you have anyone I should email or call? Since you lived there for two
years, tell me which hikes, restaurants or dive sites I should not miss.

jamie

On 10/30/05 1:38 PM, in article
Cq89f.3606$Rl1.1823@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net, "BigHaig"
<haigb-elnk@earthlink.net > wrote:

> I lived there for 2 years. Fort Young is the best hotel, but still don't
> expect too much from it. I dove with Cabrits many times, they are very
> reliable and some great guys. The best diving is at Scotts Head in the
> South, Cabrits doesn't go down there very often so just ask the hotel who
> does. Also if you want some other stuff to do beside diving, you can hike
> to the Emerald Pool, or ask the hotel about the ATV riding through the rain
> forest.
>
> Good luck and have fun!
>
> "Jamie Lynn" <n@ne.com> wrote in message news:BF8A45A7.285F%n@ne.com...
>> I am thinking of taking a trip there in march. Has anyone been to the fort
>> young hotel or dove with Cabrits in the north? Any info on where is the
>> best
>> diving and which hotels are the best would be appreciated.
>>
>> Jamie

01 Nov 2005 07:55:58
Geoff Schultz
Re: Dominica

Jamie Lynn <n@ne.com > wrote in news:BF8CC740.2AEB%n@ne.com:

>> thanks for the info, who should I go diving with if I stay at the
>> fort young
> hotel? Do you have anyone I should email or call? Since you lived
> there for two years, tell me which hikes, restaurants or dive sites I
> should not miss.
>
> jamie

I have a brief report at

http://www.geoffschultz.org/2001_Sailing/Dominica.html

and photos at

http://www.geoffschultz.org/2001_Sailing/Dominica/index.html

While it doesn't begin to answer the questions that you have, it does give
a bit of the flavor of the island.

-- Geoff

02 Nov 2005 19:21:58
kaasman
Re: Dominica

>I am thinking of taking a trip there in march. Has anyone been to the fort
>young hotel or dove with Cabrits in the north? Any info on where is the best
>diving and which hotels are the best would be appreciated.
>
>Jamie

We were on Dominika last year.
We satyed at the Anchorage hotel and dive center. Room and food were
okay, service very good. Dived with them for about five days.
Equipment was not great (leaking regulator, all three torches ran out
of batteries during a night dive, it gets very dark) but very good
instuctor and divemaster. They said they were going to get new
equipment.
Fort Young hotel is very nice, we had a look around and ate there a
few times. They work with another dive opperator (Dive Dominika if I
remeber it well) that had very large groups of divers, unlike the two
to four divers that Anchorage took out on a dive.
Dived for a day with Cabrits in the north. Very professional, good
equipment, not very spectacular dive sites.

Peter

large

04 Nov 2005 21:08:34
Re: Dominica

Went to Dominica 2 yrs ago & dove with Nature Island Dive in Soufriere.
Wonderful operation with knowledgable DM's. Minutes by boat to the island's
best dive sites. Highly recommended! Check their web site.
--Deb

05 Nov 2005 12:49:50
Jamie Lynn
Re: Dominica

On 11/4/05 4:08 PM, in article BF913802.B810%pcpny@earthlink.net,
"pcpny@earthlink.net" <pcpny@earthlink.net > wrote:

> Went to Dominica 2 yrs ago & dove with Nature Island Dive in Soufriere.
> Wonderful operation with knowledgable DM's. Minutes by boat to the island's
> best dive sites. Highly recommended! Check their web site.
> --Deb

Hey deb,

I thought that the better diving is in the south and I did check out NI. I
was wondering where you stayed and if you rented a car. How was the driving
there since its on the opposite side than in the states. Also did you do any
hiking and what spots would you recommend. I have heard of ti tou gorge and
boiling lake.

jamie