23 Aug 2007 19:40:44
Jack Sloan
Cozumel

Anybody here stayed at Suites Vima in Cozumel??

23 Aug 2007 21:42:22
janerene
Re: Cozumel

nope. Stayed at the Scuba Club Cozumel. I'd highly recommend it.

"Jack Sloan" <jqsloan@verizon.net > wrote in message
> Anybody here stayed at Suites Vima in Cozumel??

24 Aug 2007 18:53:36
Al Rudderham
Re: Cozumel

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 19:40:44 GMT, "Jack Sloan" <jqsloan@verizon.net > wrote:

>Anybody here stayed at Suites Vima in Cozumel??

Yup, at least half a dozen times, most recently in February. It's nothing
fancy, but the rooms are large and clean but spartan, and the property is
nice and secure. The hotel part is in behind the houses along 10 Ave, at
the corner of Calle 6. There is an entryway on 10 Ave that you have to
pass through, and if there's not somebody at the desk, there's probably
somebody outside in the yard that faces into the hotel. The last I knew
the people who own (a doctor, I think) it are the ones whose back yard
faced into it, so it feels secure.

It's great for location if you want to be in town. Zermatt bakery is just
around the corner, and it's only 2 blocks down 10 to the back of the
square. It's not far to walk back to the grocery and liquor stores on 30
either. There is a small beer/corner store in the next block called El
Cenote. The rooms have a small fridge, but no cooking facilities. The
beds can tend to be lumpy, but when I've complained I've gotten a better
room.

There is TV with cable and I think a VCR in each room. I never turn it on.
There are 3 floors with 4 rooms each. I'd suggest that you go for the top
floor if possible, since you get a cross breeze up there. I paid $US40 a
night last February. I think they will do long term a lot cheaper. If you
phone them it's often a challenge to get somebody who speaks enough English
to book the reservation.

Here's the contact info I've got on their business card:

phone: (01152)872-5118
email: suitesvima@hotmail.com

26 Aug 2007 18:34:11
Jack Sloan
Re: Cozumel

Thanks for the info...we will be staying there in December.
"Al Rudderham" <xal.rudderhamx@sympatico.ca > wrote in message
> On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 19:40:44 GMT, "Jack Sloan" <jqsloan@verizon.net>
wrote:

> >Anybody here stayed at Suites Vima in Cozumel??
>
> Yup, at least half a dozen times, most recently in February. It's nothing
> fancy, but the rooms are large and clean but spartan, and the property is
> nice and secure. The hotel part is in behind the houses along 10 Ave, at
> the corner of Calle 6. There is an entryway on 10 Ave that you have to
> pass through, and if there's not somebody at the desk, there's probably
> somebody outside in the yard that faces into the hotel. The last I knew
> the people who own (a doctor, I think) it are the ones whose back yard
> faced into it, so it feels secure.
>
> It's great for location if you want to be in town. Zermatt bakery is just
> around the corner, and it's only 2 blocks down 10 to the back of the
> square. It's not far to walk back to the grocery and liquor stores on 30
> either. There is a small beer/corner store in the next block called El
> Cenote. The rooms have a small fridge, but no cooking facilities. The
> beds can tend to be lumpy, but when I've complained I've gotten a better
> room.
>
> There is TV with cable and I think a VCR in each room. I never turn it
on.
> There are 3 floors with 4 rooms each. I'd suggest that you go for the top
> floor if possible, since you get a cross breeze up there. I paid $US40 a
> night last February. I think they will do long term a lot cheaper. If
you
> phone them it's often a challenge to get somebody who speaks enough
English
> to book the reservation.
>
> Here's the contact info I've got on their business card:
>
> phone: (01152)872-5118
> email: suitesvima@hotmail.com

30 Aug 2007 22:12:47
Bill
Re: Cozumel

Not a direct answer but may help for a Coz trip.
Don't view this as sales pitch. You can buy these from the guys web
site instead of me if you want to go.

Deb & I went to the Reef Club in Cozumel,
http://www.reefclubcozumel.com/cms,
We loved the place and have been back twice. On a tip from this group
I bought vouchers from another site that has no affiliation with the
resort. The guy just buys and resells these vouchers. He gets $225 for
them. We figured we'd go back so I bought some directly from the
resort. The trick was I had to buy 20 of them. I want to get rid of 5
or so of them for $150. I can't use 20. They are good for 10 years.
What the voucher does is makes you a VIP member for a week which means
you wear the same wrist band and get the same benefits as a timeshare
owner. With the voucher you can reserve rooms in the members area of
the resort which is the closet to the dive operation, eat at the
members only restaurant, swim in the members only pool, drink at the
members only bars, and of course you get the members only room rates.
The voucher includes a standard room in the price. You then can add
the all inclusive plan and upgrade your room if you want to. It costs
$20 per adult per nite to up to a junior suite that books for $275 a
night.
His site is http://www.reefclubresort.com/specials.htmdoes a great
job of explaining it.
Bottom line was it cost us $1210 including the voucher at 225 for
both of us not PP for 7 nites with all meals and drinks in a huge
suite with an L deck with our own hot tub overlooking the pool and
beach.
If you want to buy an of these just let me know or go grab them from
the guys site.
wrote:

>Anybody here stayed at Suites Vima in Cozumel??

01 Sep 2007 22:59:44
Dillon Pyron
Re: Cozumel

Thus spake "janerene" <jane@dozierhome.com > :

>nope. Stayed at the Scuba Club Cozumel. I'd highly recommend it.

Second

--
dillon

Elvis is still dead

31 Oct 2007 09:13:53
Fred
Re: Cozumel

Elvis is Dead ; but, he made 49 million last year(LOL)
"Dillon Pyron" <dmpyronINVALID@austin.rr.com > wrote in message
> Thus spake "janerene" <jane@dozierhome.com> :
>
>>nope. Stayed at the Scuba Club Cozumel. I'd highly recommend it.
>
> Second
>

>>"Jack Sloan" <jqsloan@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>> Anybody here stayed at Suites Vima in Cozumel??
>>>

> --
> dillon
>
> Elvis is still dead

10 Nov 2007 12:37:46
R.C.Laus
Re: Cozumel

--

R.C.Laus
Stayed at Suites Vima lots of times. It's clean,quiet,and priced right.