18 Aug 2007 09:42:55
chilly
Considering Cuba for Xmas/New Year, advice please

I have non-diving friends that will be touring about the island over the
holidays. Assuming I make it to Cuba at the same time, we want to meet up
at some point. Therefore, it is best if I am diving near Holguin, Camaguey
or Villa Clara Provinces. As I understand it, they will come and pick me up
if I am close enough. Otherwise, I'm going to have to train/plane/hitchhike
to where they believe they will be on a certain day.

Obviously, I'd prefer to be located somewhere that they won't mind picking
me up. And of course, I hope it goes without saying, that I'd like the
diving at that locale to be pretty decent too.

I've checked out Maria la Gorda, however, it's very difficult for me to get
to in the first place. Cayo Coco and Cayo Largo appear to be good diving
locations, but I haven't been able to find an available flight/acco package
for that time. Regardless, there's the pesky problem of hooking up with my
buds. Anyone know anything about Isla de la Juventud? Maybe I can fly in
and out of there for a week, leaving the next week to hook up in Holguin?

In any event, what I've been able to ascertain so far, is that there may be
some reasonably decent diving near Guadalavaca(sp?), in Holguin province.
Does anyone know anything about this and/or able to recommend a hotel?

Any advice forthcoming will be appreciated so thanks in advance.

18 Aug 2007 22:20:25
Re: Considering Cuba for Xmas/New Year, advice please

On Aug 18, 5:42 am, "chilly" <slar...@shaw.canada > wrote:
> I have non-diving friends that will be touring about the island over the
> holidays. Assuming I make it to Cuba at the same time, we want to meet up
> at some point. Therefore, it is best if I am diving near Holguin, Camaguey
> or Villa Clara Provinces. As I understand it, they will come and pick me up
> if I am close enough. Otherwise, I'm going to have to train/plane/hitchhike
> to where they believe they will be on a certain day.

I have no knowledge of diving in Cuba. But if you go, can you buy me
some cigars and mail them to me. ? I'll pay ya for them, of
course. :-)

20 Aug 2007 23:31:51
chilly

<hierophantfish@hotmail.com > wrote in message
> On Aug 18, 5:42 am, "chilly" <slar...@shaw.canada> wrote:
> > I have non-diving friends that will be touring about the island over the
> > holidays. Assuming I make it to Cuba at the same time, we want to meet
up
> > at some point. Therefore, it is best if I am diving near Holguin,
Camaguey
> > or Villa Clara Provinces. As I understand it, they will come and pick
me up
> > if I am close enough. Otherwise, I'm going to have to
train/plane/hitchhike
> > to where they believe they will be on a certain day.
>
> I have no knowledge of diving in Cuba. But if you go, can you buy me
> some cigars and mail them to me. ? I'll pay ya for them, of
> course. :-)

:^)

I can buy Cuban cigars here, bringing them into the States is another
matter.

20 Aug 2007 22:30:26

On Aug 20, 7:31 pm, "chilly" <slar...@shaw.canada > wrote:
> <hierophantf...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> :^)
>
> I can buy Cuban cigars here, bringing them into the States is another
> matter.

Yea. Unfortunately, our guys have no sense of humor about good
cigars. I was just joking with you anyway. I was able to pick up
some nice Partagas (the big dark 1845's) which are decent. Hope you
get your trip arrangements finalized pretty easily.

21 Aug 2007 08:18:13
chilly

> On Aug 20, 7:31 pm, "chilly" <slar...@shaw.canada> wrote:
> > <hierophantf...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
> > :^)
> >
> > I can buy Cuban cigars here, bringing them into the States is another
> > matter.
>
> Yea. Unfortunately, our guys have no sense of humor about good
> cigars. I was just joking with you anyway. I was able to pick up
> some nice Partagas (the big dark 1845's) which are decent. Hope you
> get your trip arrangements finalized pretty easily.

I knew you were just joking . . as was I. Actually, I was trying to rub it
in. ;^)

Thanks for the good wishes. I don't see this holiday coming together
properly. Did some more reading today and getting to the Isle of Youth
looks kinda scary to me.

21 Aug 2007 12:56:40
George Cathcart

On Aug 19, 1:20 am, hierophantf...@hotmail.com wrote:
> On Aug 18, 5:42 am, "chilly" <slar...@shaw.canada> wrote:
>
> > I have non-diving friends that will be touring about the island over the
> > holidays. Assuming I make it to Cuba at the same time, we want to meet up
> > at some point. Therefore, it is best if I am diving near Holguin, Camaguey
> > or Villa Clara Provinces. As I understand it, they will come and pick me up
> > if I am close enough. Otherwise, I'm going to have to train/plane/hitchhike
> > to where they believe they will be on a certain day.
>
> I have no knowledge of diving in Cuba. But if you go, can you buy me
> some cigars and mail them to me. ? I'll pay ya for them, of
> course. :-)

Remember the trouble some people have lighting Cubans, hiero...

I still choke up when I think of that...

And then there are the moose rapists, but that wasn't in Cuba...

gc

21 Aug 2007 12:58:19
George Cathcart

On Aug 21, 4:18 am, "chilly" <slar...@shaw.canada > wrote:
> <hierophantf...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > On Aug 20, 7:31 pm, "chilly" <slar...@shaw.canada> wrote:
> > > <hierophantf...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
> > > :^)
>
> > > I can buy Cuban cigars here, bringing them into the States is another
> > > matter.
>
> > Yea. Unfortunately, our guys have no sense of humor about good
> > cigars. I was just joking with you anyway. I was able to pick up
> > some nice Partagas (the big dark 1845's) which are decent. Hope you
> > get your trip arrangements finalized pretty easily.
>
> I knew you were just joking . . as was I. Actually, I was trying to rub it
> in. ;^)

I thought this whole thread was just rubbing it in. Some day, we
Americans will be free to travel to our neighboring countries, too.

gc

22 Aug 2007 05:02:50
Re: Considering Cuba for Xmas/New Year, advice please

On Aug 21, 4:18 am, "chilly" <slar...@shaw.canada > wrote:
> <hierophantf...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I knew you were just joking . . as was I. Actually, I was trying to rub it
> in. ;^)

Ha. :-)

> Thanks for the good wishes. I don't see this holiday coming together
> properly. Did some more reading today and getting to the Isle of Youth
> looks kinda scary to me.

I thought that since you are in Canada, the trip over would be easy.
What is the obstacle for you ? Just trying to co-ordinate with your
non-diving friends ? I guess I don't understand.

22 Aug 2007 05:16:27

On Aug 21, 8:56 am, George Cathcart <george.cathc...@gmail.com > wrote:

> Remember the trouble some people have lighting Cubans, hiero...
> I still choke up when I think of that...

I forgot about that until you mentioned it. What a fun dive trip that
was !!

> And then there are the moose rapists, but that wasn't in Cuba...>
> gc

The moose probably had a great time being kidnapped but its owner was
sure fretting. What a riot !

24 Aug 2007 02:38:09
chilly

> On Aug 21, 4:18 am, "chilly" <slar...@shaw.canada> wrote:
> > <hierophantf...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
> I thought that since you are in Canada, the trip over would be easy.
> What is the obstacle for you ? Just trying to co-ordinate with your
> non-diving friends ? I guess I don't understand.

Getting to Cuba itself is not a problem. Getting from Havanna to the Isle of
Youth is what makes me hesitate.

24 Aug 2007 02:38:09
chilly

"George Cathcart" <george.cathcart@gmail.com > wrote in message

> > I knew you were just joking . . as was I. Actually, I was trying to rub
it
> > in. ;^)
> >

> I thought this whole thread was just rubbing it in. Some day, we
> Americans will be free to travel to our neighboring countries, too.

No, I wasn't trying to rub it in. I was genuinely hoping that there'd be
enough Canadians and/or Europeans here to help me.

24 Aug 2007 11:41:38
George Cathcart

On Aug 23, 10:38 pm, "chilly" <slar...@shaw.canada > wrote:
> "George Cathcart" <george.cathc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > > I knew you were just joking . . as was I. Actually, I was trying to rub
> it
> > > in. ;^)
>
> > I thought this whole thread was just rubbing it in. Some day, we
> > Americans will be free to travel to our neighboring countries, too.
>
> No, I wasn't trying to rub it in. I was genuinely hoping that there'd be
> enough Canadians and/or Europeans here to help me.

I know, chilly. But some of us in the oppressed nation south of you
who are not free to travel where we want will always bristle over
reminders of our status...

:)

Re: Considering Cuba for Xmas/New Year, advice please

On Aug 23, 10:38 pm, "chilly" <slar...@shaw.canada > wrote:
> <hierophantf...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I thought that since you are in Canada, the trip over would be easy.
> > What is the obstacle for you ? Just trying to co-ordinate with your
> > non-diving friends ? I guess I don't understand.

> Getting to Cuba itself is not a problem. Getting from Havanna to the Isle of
> Youth is what makes me hesitate.

Ohh. The Isle Of Youth. Sounds like it involves some "magic
fountain" that was already founded by Ponce de Leon in Florida in
1513. If they tell you that the Cuban version involves some
sacrifice of virgins, I'd be wary. :-)

26 Aug 2007 00:11:38
George Cathcart

On Aug 25, 12:29 am, hierophantf...@hotmail.com wrote:
> On Aug 23, 10:38 pm, "chilly" <slar...@shaw.canada> wrote:
>
> > <hierophantf...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > I thought that since you are in Canada, the trip over would be easy.
> > > What is the obstacle for you ? Just trying to co-ordinate with your
> > > non-diving friends ? I guess I don't understand.
> > Getting to Cuba itself is not a problem. Getting from Havanna to the Isle of
> > Youth is what makes me hesitate.
>
> Ohh. The Isle Of Youth. Sounds like it involves some "magic
> fountain" that was already founded by Ponce de Leon in Florida in
> 1513. If they tell you that the Cuban version involves some
> sacrifice of virgins, I'd be wary. :-)

Are you saying that chilly is a virgin???

gc

26 Aug 2007 06:05:31
chilly

> On Aug 25, 12:29 am, hierophantf...@hotmail.com wrote:

> > > Getting to Cuba itself is not a problem. Getting from Havanna to the
Isle of
> > > Youth is what makes me hesitate.
> >
> > Ohh. The Isle Of Youth. Sounds like it involves some "magic
> > fountain" that was already founded by Ponce de Leon in Florida in
> > 1513. If they tell you that the Cuban version involves some
> > sacrifice of virgins, I'd be wary. :-)
>
> Are you saying that chilly is a virgin???

I've been telling you guys that for years.

26 Aug 2007 19:03:08
Steve Kramer

chilly wrote:
> "George Cathcart" <george.cathcart@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Isle of
>>> Ohh. The Isle Of Youth. Sounds like it involves some "magic
>>> fountain" that was already founded by Ponce de Leon in Florida in
>>> 1513. If they tell you that the Cuban version involves some
>>> sacrifice of virgins, I'd be wary. :-)
>> Are you saying that chilly is a virgin???
>
> I've been telling you guys that for years.

We already have a fountain of youth.
What we need us a fountain of smart....

Steve Kramer
"PhotoEnvisions" Photography
Chiang Mai, Thailand
http://www.photoenvisions.com

26 Aug 2007 14:57:55
Greg Mossman

On 24 ago, 06:41, George Cathcart <george.cathc...@gmail.com > wrote:

> I know, chilly. But some of us in the oppressed nation south of you
> who are not free to travel where we want will always bristle over
> reminders of our status...

And some of us do more than bristle. The fine is usually settled at
$1,000, if you get caught, and it takes them a long time to process
the cases so you=B4re more likely than not going to be excused once
Hillary takes office.

I got unlucky, but considered the $1,000 "tax"as the necessary price
to pay for my civil disobedience, just like an expensive speeding
ticket. Besides, Cuba is so cheap that you=B4ll make it up for what you
save on hotel, food, and diving.

BTW, speaking of "rubbing it in", we spotted whale sharks on 14 out of
the 16 dives at Darwin. Also, for the latest update on the situtation
down there, it appears that they will start letting the other
liveaboards go there, up until Dec. 31, at which point all the boats
will be either land or scuba-only, not mixed as they are now.

Note to Doc Adelman: the conditions in the central islands absolutely
sucked this time. Those divers who had their liveboards canceled and
opted for land-based diving instead assuredly regretted that
decision. Wolf and Darwin rule!

Full report to follow, once I get back home.

27 Aug 2007 02:17:27
George Cathcart

On Aug 26, 5:57 pm, Greg Mossman <moss...@qnet.com > wrote:
> On 24 ago, 06:41, George Cathcart <george.cathc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I know, chilly. But some of us in the oppressed nation south of you
> > who are not free to travel where we want will always bristle over
> > reminders of our status...
>
> And some of us do more than bristle. The fine is usually settled at
> $1,000, if you get caught, and it takes them a long time to process
> the cases so you=B4re more likely than not going to be excused once
> Hillary takes office.
>
> I got unlucky, but considered the $1,000 "tax"as the necessary price
> to pay for my civil disobedience, just like an expensive speeding
> ticket. Besides, Cuba is so cheap that you=B4ll make it up for what you
> save on hotel, food, and diving.
>
> BTW, speaking of "rubbing it in", we spotted whale sharks on 14 out of
> the 16 dives at Darwin. Also, for the latest update on the situtation
> down there, it appears that they will start letting the other
> liveaboards go there, up until Dec. 31, at which point all the boats
> will be either land or scuba-only, not mixed as they are now.
>
> Note to Doc Adelman: the conditions in the central islands absolutely
> sucked this time. Those divers who had their liveboards canceled and
> opted for land-based diving instead assuredly regretted that
> decision. Wolf and Darwin rule!
>
> Full report to follow, once I get back home.

Looking forward to the full report, Greg. You got in a lot of dives at
Darwin! Too bad the central islands were not so great.

I had a few good dives in your territory while you were gone.
Surrounded by soupfin sharks in the kelp in La Jolla cove was the
highlight. And some nice diving further north, too, in Monterey Bay.

Safe travels.

gc

26 Aug 2007 23:40:12

On Aug 25, 8:11 pm, George Cathcart <george.cathc...@gmail.com > wrote:

> Are you saying that chilly is a virgin???
> gc

I don't know about chilly, and it's none of my business. If she says
she is a virgin, I believe her. :-) But I do know that the
ancients in the Americas used to sacrifice virgins - or anyone else
they deemed fit to please the gods. Have you seen Apocolypto ? While
it didn't take place in Cuba where chilly would like to visit, the
entire Americas have some residual effects from these ancient people.

27 Aug 2007 00:09:34
Re: Considering Cuba for Xmas/New Year, advice please

On Aug 26, 5:57 pm, Greg Mossman <moss...@qnet.com > wrote:
> On 24 ago, 06:41, George Cathcart <george.cathc...@gmail.com> wrote:
<snip >

> BTW, speaking of "rubbing it in", we spotted whale sharks on 14 out of
> the 16 dives at Darwin. Also, for the latest update on the situtation
> down there, it appears that they will start letting the other
> liveaboards go there, up until Dec. 31, at which point all the boats
> will be either land or scuba-only, not mixed as they are now.

Last month, I reported that I heard that the boats would only be
allowed to do a 7 day trip, not a 10 day trip. Any news on that ?

> Note to Doc Adelman: the conditions in the central islands absolutely
> sucked this time. Those divers who had their liveboards canceled and
> opted for land-based diving instead assuredly regretted that
> decision. Wolf and Darwin rule!
>
> Full report to follow, once I get back home.

You had a chance of 16 dives at Wolfe and Darwin ? I'm surprised.
How long did your boat hang at Wolfe ? How long did it hang at
Darwin ? What southern islands did you see ? How long was your trip
altogether ?

28 Aug 2007 06:54:25
chilly

> On Aug 25, 8:11 pm, George Cathcart <george.cathc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Are you saying that chilly is a virgin???
> > gc
>
> I don't know about chilly, and it's none of my business. If she says
> she is a virgin, I believe her. :-) But I do know that the
> ancients in the Americas used to sacrifice virgins - or anyone else
> they deemed fit to please the gods. Have you seen Apocolypto ? While
> it didn't take place in Cuba where chilly would like to visit, the
> entire Americas have some residual effects from these ancient people.

I've been to Cuba before and managed to make it home with everything intact.

I've also been to the land of the Maya in a couple of different countries
and also made it out of there with everything intact.

28 Aug 2007 11:04:37
Al Wells
Re: Considering Cuba for Xmas/New Year, advice please

In article <BEPAi.98923$rX4.93773@pd7urf2no >, slarson@shaw.canada
says...

> I've been to Cuba before and managed to make it home with everything intact.
>
> I've also been to the land of the Maya in a couple of different countries
> and also made it out of there with everything intact.

When it comes to virgins, they must be pretty perceptive.

28 Aug 2007 11:14:24
George Cathcart

On Aug 28, 2:54 am, "chilly" <slar...@shaw.canada > wrote:
> <hierophantf...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > On Aug 25, 8:11 pm, George Cathcart <george.cathc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Are you saying that chilly is a virgin???
> > > gc
>
> > I don't know about chilly, and it's none of my business. If she says
> > she is a virgin, I believe her. :-) But I do know that the
> > ancients in the Americas used to sacrifice virgins - or anyone else
> > they deemed fit to please the gods. Have you seen Apocolypto ? While
> > it didn't take place in Cuba where chilly would like to visit, the
> > entire Americas have some residual effects from these ancient people.
>
> I've been to Cuba before and managed to make it home with everything intact.
>
> I've also been to the land of the Maya in a couple of different countries
> and also made it out of there with everything intact.

This post is a marvel of ambiguity, and if there were an award for
most ambiguous statement of the day, this would win twice. Bravo.

So, to press on, to penetrate the topic further, as it were....

When you say "everything intact," do you mean a) your virginity, or b)
your body, implying that you were not sacrificed and therefore not a
virgin.

If the latter, of course, not being sacrificed is no proof of non-
virginity. Obviously, they couldn't have sacrificed all of them...

Lee Bell

chilli wrote:

> I've been to Cuba before and managed to make it home with everything
> intact.
> I've also been to the land of the Maya in a couple of different countries
> and also made it out of there with everything intact.

How sad for you.

All Wells wrote:

> When it comes to virgins, they must be pretty perceptive.

We once planned a parade of virgins here in S. Florida. I didn't come off
though. One of them was sick and the other refused to march alone.

Lee

28 Aug 2007 22:12:22
Re: Considering Cuba for Xmas/New Year, advice please

On Aug 28, 2:54 am, "chilly" <slar...@shaw.canada > wrote:
> <hierophantf...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I don't know about chilly, and it's none of my business. If she says
> > she is a virgin, I believe her. :-) But I do know that the
> > ancients in the Americas used to sacrifice virgins - or anyone else
> > they deemed fit to please the gods. Have you seen Apocolypto ? While
> > it didn't take place in Cuba where chilly would like to visit, the
> > entire Americas have some residual effects from these ancient people.

> I've been to Cuba before and managed to make it home with everything intact.
> I've also been to the land of the Maya in a couple of different countries
> and also made it out of there with everything intact.

Well, I've never to Cuba, obviously since I'm a USA citizen. But I've
been to Mexico several times and to some other places where they
sacrificed virgins. Like you, I made it outof there too. But maybe
that's because we didn't have things intact.

28 Aug 2007 22:20:24

On Aug 28, 7:14 am, George Cathcart <george.cathc...@gmail.com > wrote:
> On Aug 28, 2:54 am, "chilly" <slar...@shaw.canada> wrote:
> > I've been to Cuba before and managed to make it home with everything intact.
> > I've also been to the land of the Maya in a couple of different countries
> > and also made it out of there with everything intact.

> This post is a marvel of ambiguity, and if there were an award for
> most ambiguous statement of the day, this would win twice. Bravo.
> So, to press on, to penetrate the topic further, as it were....
> When you say "everything intact," do you mean a) your virginity, or b)
> your body, implying that you were not sacrificed and therefore not a
> virgin.
> If the latter, of course, not being sacrificed is no proof of non-
> virginity. Obviously, they couldn't have sacrificed all of them...

Hmm. Those people had no electricity No ability to travel very far in
a short time span and get back home. No sports bars or pubs. I don't
know. Would you sacrifice all of them that you had in one shot like
we have the "Grand Finale" of fireworks on the 4th of July
festivals ? I might be tempted.

28 Aug 2007 23:41:57
Greg Mossman

On Aug 27, 12:09 am, hierophantf...@hotmail.com wrote:
> On Aug 26, 5:57 pm, Greg Mossman <moss...@qnet.com> wrote:> On 24 ago, 06:41, George Cathcart <george.cathc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > BTW, speaking of "rubbing it in", we spotted whale sharks on 14 out of
> > the 16 dives at Darwin. Also, for the latest update on the situtation
> > down there, it appears that they will start letting the other
> > liveaboards go there, up until Dec. 31, at which point all the boats
> > will be either land or scuba-only, not mixed as they are now.
>
> Last month, I reported that I heard that the boats would only be
> allowed to do a 7 day trip, not a 10 day trip. Any news on that ?

It's still old news, as I reported after you "reported". None of the
2008 dive schedules list trips longer than 7 days.

I was hoping to night dive, as I heard that night diving wasn't to be
banned until 2008 as well. Sure enough, it was banned back in June.
We didn't night dive.

I was also hoping to visit the southern islands as I had heard that
they were to be banned, with date of banning uncertain. Sure enough,
they were also banned prior to my trip. We didn't visit the southern
islands.

The interesting part will be next year, when people who signed up on
boats expecting to do both land and scuba tours will be SOL for the
land tours. I predict some cancellations or at least attempted
cancellations.

> You had a chance of 16 dives at Wolfe and Darwin ? I'm surprised.
> How long did your boat hang at Wolfe ? How long did it hang at
> Darwin ? What southern islands did you see ? How long was your trip
> altogether ?

No. I had a chance of 16 dives at Darwin. I only chose to do 12
because of laziness and/or hangover. These are chilly-water dives in
strong currents, as deep as 127 feet (at least that's how deep I went
on one dive chasing down one "Big Senor" as they called them), panting
like a race-winning greyhound at depth while "climbing" back up the
rock wall to the ledge at 60' where we sat most of the dive, then
ascending in rough seas and pulling oneself over the side of a
dinghy. I ain't that young or sober anymore.

As for Wolf, I don't recall sitting out any, but maybe I did. I think
I did 7 total during the 8 opportunities we had there. When I get
around to logging them, I'll remember for sure. All that beer and
nitrogen makes me forget.

I'm looking forward to my next trip. Nice warm easy diving in Palau.

28 Aug 2007 23:44:37
Greg Mossman

On Aug 28, 10:12 pm, hierophantf...@hotmail.com wrote:

> Well, I've never to Cuba, obviously since I'm a USA citizen. But I've
> been to Mexico several times and to some other places where they
> sacrificed virgins. Like you, I made it outof there too. But maybe
> that's because we didn't have things intact.

What's so obvious about that? I know plenty of USA citizens who have
gone to Cuba. I've also been to Mexico a lot, but I've still never
seen virgins sacrificed. I almost saw a donkey show once, but that's
a different story.

29 Aug 2007 09:15:57
chilly

> On Aug 28, 2:54 am, "chilly" <slar...@shaw.canada> wrote:
> > <hierophantf...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > > I don't know about chilly, and it's none of my business. If she says
> > > she is a virgin, I believe her. :-) But I do know that the
> > > ancients in the Americas used to sacrifice virgins - or anyone else
> > > they deemed fit to please the gods. Have you seen Apocolypto ? While
> > > it didn't take place in Cuba where chilly would like to visit, the
> > > entire Americas have some residual effects from these ancient people.
> >
> > I've been to Cuba before and managed to make it home with everything
intact.

> > I've also been to the land of the Maya in a couple of different
countries
> > and also made it out of there with everything intact.
>
> This post is a marvel of ambiguity, and if there were an award for
> most ambiguous statement of the day, this would win twice. Bravo.
>
> So, to press on, to penetrate the topic further, as it were....
>
> When you say "everything intact," do you mean a) your virginity, or b)
> your body, implying that you were not sacrificed and therefore not a
> virgin.
>
> If the latter, of course, not being sacrificed is no proof of non-
> virginity. Obviously, they couldn't have sacrificed all of them...

There ya go.

29 Aug 2007 12:42:07
George Cathcart

On Aug 29, 1:20 am, hierophantf...@hotmail.com wrote:
> On Aug 28, 7:14 am, George Cathcart <george.cathc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Aug 28, 2:54 am, "chilly" <slar...@shaw.canada> wrote:
> > > I've been to Cuba before and managed to make it home with everything intact.
> > > I've also been to the land of the Maya in a couple of different countries
> > > and also made it out of there with everything intact.
> > This post is a marvel of ambiguity, and if there were an award for
> > most ambiguous statement of the day, this would win twice. Bravo.
> > So, to press on, to penetrate the topic further, as it were....
> > When you say "everything intact," do you mean a) your virginity, or b)
> > your body, implying that you were not sacrificed and therefore not a
> > virgin.
> > If the latter, of course, not being sacrificed is no proof of non-
> > virginity. Obviously, they couldn't have sacrificed all of them...
>
> Hmm. Those people had no electricity No ability to travel very far in
> a short time span and get back home. No sports bars or pubs. I don't
> know. Would you sacrifice all of them that you had in one shot like
> we have the "Grand Finale" of fireworks on the 4th of July
> festivals ? I might be tempted.

Why? I must be missing the point. How are mass virgin sacrifices
related to the absence of electricity? If anything, the appropriate
response would be to relieve the masses of their virginity.

Maybe we should ask a virgin...

gc

29 Aug 2007 18:30:36
-hh
Re: Considering Cuba for Xmas/New Year, advice please

Greg Mossman <moss...@qnet.com > wrote:

> I'm looking forward to my next trip. Nice warm easy diving in Palau.

Do you have a month in mind for that? If so, let me know offline.

-hh

29 Aug 2007 11:42:38
Greg Mossman

On Aug 29, 11:30 am, -hh <recscuba_goo...@huntzinger.com > wrote:
> Greg Mossman <moss...@qnet.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm looking forward to my next trip. Nice warm easy diving in Palau.
>
> Do you have a month in mind for that? If so, let me know offline.

Replied via Google's "Reply to author" - if that doesn't work, send me
a better address.

30 Aug 2007 09:47:23
chilly

> On Aug 29, 1:20 am, hierophantf...@hotmail.com wrote:

> > > This post is a marvel of ambiguity, and if there were an award for
> > > most ambiguous statement of the day, this would win twice. Bravo.
> > > So, to press on, to penetrate the topic further, as it were....
> > > When you say "everything intact," do you mean a) your virginity, or b)
> > > your body, implying that you were not sacrificed and therefore not a
> > > virgin.
> > > If the latter, of course, not being sacrificed is no proof of non-
> > > virginity. Obviously, they couldn't have sacrificed all of them...
> >
> > Hmm. Those people had no electricity No ability to travel very far in
> > a short time span and get back home. No sports bars or pubs. I don't
> > know. Would you sacrifice all of them that you had in one shot like
> > we have the "Grand Finale" of fireworks on the 4th of July
> > festivals ? I might be tempted.
>
> Why? I must be missing the point. How are mass virgin sacrifices
> related to the absence of electricity? If anything, the appropriate
> response would be to relieve the masses of their virginity.
>
> Maybe we should ask a virgin...

Ask me what?

30 Aug 2007 12:37:41
George Cathcart

On Aug 30, 5:47 am, "chilly" <slar...@shaw.canada > wrote:
> "George Cathcart" <george.cathc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> intact.
> countries
>
> > > Hmm. Those people had no electricity No ability to travel very far in
> > > a short time span and get back home. No sports bars or pubs. I don't
> > > know. Would you sacrifice all of them that you had in one shot like
> > > we have the "Grand Finale" of fireworks on the 4th of July
> > > festivals ? I might be tempted.
>
> > Why? I must be missing the point. How are mass virgin sacrifices
> > related to the absence of electricity? If anything, the appropriate
> > response would be to relieve the masses of their virginity.
>
> > Maybe we should ask a virgin...
>
> Ask me what?

Check yer e-mail.

30 Aug 2007 20:58:51
LarbGai
Re: Considering Cuba for Xmas/New Year, advice please

On Aug 27, 12:03 am, Steve Kramer <st...@seatraveler.com > wrote:
We all have a set of 'rules' that we go by. Unfortunately they are
not
codified for rec.scuba. Popeye and Scott use rules that permit them
attack wives and family. I don't. My rules permit me to fight an
individual that is attacking me. I do not play by school yard rules.
Mine come from the streets. If someone starts a fight with me, I will
not try to 'kick their ass.' I will try to prevent them from EVER
starting a fight with me again. There are no half-way measures. I CAN
be
a good friend. I am NOT a good enemy.